Puerco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Traveling to Dublin for a week

Hi,

My wife and I will be traveling to Dublin on Dec 1st and because I’m there on business we will have to stay near Trinity College for a week. 

It is my wifes first time in Dublin, she is not into beer but loves natural wines and elevated food. (Her favorite restaurants are Uncle Boons and Four Horsemen in Nyc)

What places would you guys recomend that we MUST check out. Bars/Restaurants/Attractions recomendations are all welcomed! 

-Thank you in advance. 

Dublin, Ireland
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Traveling to Dublin for a week

Hi @Puerco,

Thanks for sharing this post with us.

I also want to visit Dublin, not sure when, but hopefully this summer 🙂 Our family really love to travel. So far we were in England, but couldn't get the opportunity to go to Dublin.

I will follow your post with interest, so I can know what places the Local Guides can suggest and maybe visit them as well.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!

Hi @Puerco

I have been to Dublin some years ago and my suggestion is to visit the Guinness factory. 

I am quite sure that @Eire27 can give you plenty of suggestion as she is a true Irish Local Guide. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @Puerco. Trinity college in itself is an historical place, it has the famous Book of Kells in the long library, A book of ancient art. Not far from Trinity college is the, TEMPLE BAR AREA, this is a hub of different bars and restaurants and a lively area. There are also several museums close to Trinity College. Also,  Dublin Castle is a lovely place and Christchurch Cathedral and Saint Patrick's Cathedral and Guinness Brewery, these are all a short distance away, the Luas tram can take you to some places or short taxi ride. Also not far from Trinity is the Main Street of O' Connell street, you can walk here and cross the river Liffey, here is the Historical GPO post office, fine architecture and the main place of The Easter Rising. If your wife likes shopping, then Grafton street is a few minutes from Trinity and lots of stores. Also near Grafton Street is Saint Stephens Green park. If you want to travel further afield, you can get a DART train to HOWTH, the nearest station is probably Connolly station, takes around 30 minutes, HOWTH is a fishing village and has beautiful scenery, sea views and seafood restaurants and the highest pub in Ireland is at HOWTH Summit, there are other pubs and more Irish then city pubs. You can also get a public Dublin bus, number 42, from Amiens street, this will bring you to the picturesque village of, MALAHIDE, which I love. Plenty of restaurants of all types and pubs too. The sea is near and also a few stops before the village of malahide is Malahide castle and grounds. Malahide is nice. The bus fare is 3.30 euro each and 3.30 euro back to the city. You pay the bus driver exact fare, no notes. The last bus back into the city from malahide is around 11.30pm It takes about 45 minutes bus ride. A taxi from malahide would be very expensive, around 35euro, there is a hotel there called, The Grand. Nice and not that expensive. If you ask your hotel for help and directions or Go on Google Maps too 😊 Also if you are visiting, Museums, Guinness, Trinity Long Library, Book of Kells, check websites for times and prices, if some charge. I hope that you and your wife have a Wonder full time in Dublin. As we say in Gaelic, Cead Mile Failte ( a million welcomes. Best wishes from ORLA (@Eire27)  Also you can get a real time Dublin Bus App, or google Dublin Bus 42 Timetable, it will have 2 tables, to and from the city. There is a DART train but I'm not sure how frequent they are. There is also a TAXI app. In the city you can flag taxis in the street or maybe better to call one from your hotel. Also I just remember not far from Trinity is The Gaiety Theatre and a little further is The Abbey Theatre which does plays, The Gaiety is more upmarket, has shows on. If you go to their websites, you can see what is on 

Level 8

We went and had a great time, actually got to go to a couple of amazing restaurants and museums and I hope to have time to review them soon on Google Maps so y’all can learn about them for your trips. The guide you gave me @Eire27 was amazing and really helpful, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Level 8

Hello @Puerco I am so happy that you and your wife enjoyed your visit to Dublin. Thank you for letting me know how you got on, that's great ☺

Hi @Puerco,

This is really great that you had fun in Dublin.

I will be happy if you share some pictures from your trip 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!