ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Traveling in Italy with a Local Guide

Dear Sir @ErmesT You are one of the best "ICON" in our local guides community. I salute you for your knowledge base story. I wish you all the best.

Best Regards

Mohammed Omar Faruque

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

Hola @ErmesT, es un gran post el tuyo, la manera de hacer el vídeo, es muy original, para mis futuros viajes los voy a hacer un vídeo del viaje. Dentro de los puntos que tocaste me gusto la solicitud para Google Maps de certificación de seguridad del edificio, creo que es una necesidad muy evidente para este tipo de zonas, ojalá pueda ser actualizada la App para contemplar este tipo de situaciones. Las Meet-Up son reuniones multitudinarias, que lindo es ver el apoyo que tiene este proyecto. 👏👏🙂🍀

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 9

Wow, thanks for letting me know this wonderful post thru your reply. Indeed, this is a really hard work.. but also so impressing to see how Local Guides can help in such way in an affected area. Thank you for what you've done here to help rebuild the community and also keep it updated and accessible on Google Maps. It's priceless.

Hopefully we can meet again soon, sure there's many things I need to learn from you. All the best. 

Mutiah

Level 9

Love reading your post @ErmesT  I also support this initiative “Mapping in emergency areas” 

Wish you good luck and I hope to meet you soon. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Connect Moderator

Thanks @KarenVChin for your words.

@KarenVChin wrote:

@ErmesT, thank you for putting this together and showing us the power of as being Local Guides using Google Maps is more than a restaurant or store review that we can have truly great impact in our communities, with true reach globally, in help map during and post-natural disasters.

I hope you get selected to Connect Live to show what you have done and to lead the “mapping in emergency areas” discussion on this very important and critical Google Maps topic. 

Good luck my friend!

Cheers,

Karen

There are many critical parts in "mapping in emergency areas", starting from the very first days of the emergency, when the people involved need to know where to go and how to reach it.

WHERE and HOW is the area in which Google Maps can be very effective, in the Step Zero.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Thanks @EmekaUlor, unfurtunately is not so easy.

Most part of the area is an Historical and Cultural Heritage, and should be preserved. To rebuild everything will take a very long time, if we want to restore everything and, as this is part of the history, culture and also business of the area, it will be restored.

DSC00133bw.jpg

@EmekaUlor wrote:

@ErmesTYou are an astonishing and resourceful person. The activities, details, photos and systematic analysis are impressive. And I just want to ask if you are a Project Manager or a Geographer? 🙂

It is sad that some beautiful parts of Italy are just around fault lines and I would really love the Italian government to look into helping with quake tolerant buildings like they have in Japan.

What @manulele81 is commendable, I can imagine tourist having memory of what used to be a great site. Thumbs up for #Norcia

I think you make me want to visit Italy.

Great job! Great job!

xoxo

Emeka

Ermes.

P.S.: Yes, I am a Project and Production manager

Level 9

This great example of Mapping for good , yeah and its from one of the great leaders of this community , @ErmesT ,

When i wrote my application post i ihink to write about Friendships , Ermest alone take huge part of as a mentor and a friend , so i decided to make a separate posts for Friendships ,

Very nice post. Very nice video and yeah i am sure one day you will take a ride in your car & vice versa 😉

Connect Moderator

@ErmesTyou do a great job!

I am impressed. I'd have to stick around to learn a lot. As a planner & Environmentalist. 🙂

Level 7

What a great day and age to be alive. Especially thanks for Google bringing the world all these great ideas and such so the people can finally unite in one common goal. That is to live well and share with each other

Level 6

aman6060 Karachi, Pakistanaman6060 Karachi, Pakistan