Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Traditional pottery : An art headed towards extinction day by day.

@Kamalhasnainee Traditional pottery dates back to ancient times descending through many cultures and I recall somewhere that they the first record was discovered or music from pottery, but never the less this is a great  amazing way to see it being made fascinating 

Level 9

@KarenVChin you are right those are not may be the main usable items but as show pieces and terracotta everyone like this pottery around the world. In Bangladesh, India and some other countries in Asia still now we are using pottery in our household products like mug, plates etc but day by day the using of those products decreasing and replacing with plastic/ceramic items. 

@NirajBhusal yes brother I agree with you, we should preserve this tradition.

@GopalShankar97 As we think the green environment is highly appreciated for peace I hope green household items is also responsible for that peace and it may keep us calm inside of our home instead of plastic household products. I know it's very difficult to migrate ourselves to ancient process but it's not so difficult.   

@AbdullahAM thank you brother. I am glad that you like it.

@Naiem thank you brother. I am just trying to spread our lovely traditions to the world and I am happy that you like it. Thank you very much brother.  

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Former Google Contributor

This is a very detailed and interesting post @Kamalhasnainee! Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoyed reading it, but at the same time I feel bad that it's no longer that popular.

In my home country we do have a type of clothing art, which is called "Шевица". I will let @IrrPavlova explains more about this typical Bulgarian embroidery symbols, as she is more familiar with it's history and meaning. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

There truly are many majestic traditional arts heading to extinction all over the world. It's sad really. They are super rich on history and national characteristics.

In Bulgaria and all Slavic countries traditional embroidery has developed as a language of its own through the years. The symbols used in every piece of clothing tell a unique story of the person wearing them. By the direction and color of a stitch, you could understand what region the person is from. By the color and length of a dress you could judge if the girl has been working on the field or near a river. If it's windy in her area, if the land is fruitful or not so much. Of course, the richest  embroideries are on the most festive clothes. Every detail is a sign. It really is a pity for arts like that to be headed towards extinction.

Women in traditional  Bulgarian dresses, dilmani.comWomen in traditional Bulgarian dresses, dilmani.com

Fortunately, there are many young people nowadays who try to keep the tradition alive and continue it by importing these symbols in everyday life.

An example of adjusted traditional Bulgarian male shirt nowadays, Photo: Evgeni GotchevAn example of adjusted traditional Bulgarian male shirt nowadays, Photo: Evgeni Gotchev

I hope traditional pottery in Bangladesh finds its way through years the same way too. Do young people take interest in it?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@KlaudiyaG You are most welcome and really I feel proud that you like my post. It's really a sad news that from our society one of the family based ancient technology which was running that appreciable and magical professional activities are headed towards extinction day by day.

Actually it has a good reason also, in our country the girl children's educations is totally free in government schools & colleges although they are getting stipend also from the government. That's why the poor family also realized their situations and trying to educate their children's now and they are not giving pressure to their children's to be engaged in family jobs. 

I have discussed about their children's with somebodies about to engaged them in their family jobs. They told me that they are also not interested this job anymore. They are working this job because they don't know anything without that experience. They are trying to educate their children's in other technical institutions or in general categories. I think the awareness about education is working in their minds. 

@IrrPavlova in our country the handicrafts section is developing now rapidly. Because the NGO's are working here a lot to develop our women's individually. Especially they (women's & young peoples) are making a lot of categorized handicraft products at their home and exporting to many countries around the globe by getting loan from Banks through green banking system initiated by the government.

Thanks & Regards

Kamal Hasnainee

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

I love this post @Kamalhasnainee 🙂
in Sri Lanka still, many people using clay pots to cook their foods.  thanks for sharing this great post with us 🙂

Level 9

Thanks brother @IlankovanT @DavidTito

it's a good feeling spreading in my mind that you like my post.

Regards

Kamal Hasnainee

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

Hi @Kamalhasnainee.

Thanks for sharing about this art with us. I remember seeing this Traditional Pottery making in my native village long ago. Indeed this art should be preserved for the betterment of world by reducing plastics. Your video of Traditional Pottery made me visit it virtually. As you said their hands are really magical. Thanks for tagging me brother! 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

You are most welcome brother  @SalmaanN. Yes you are right and I know it is also a familiar item in India.  I have seen the magical activities when they were making some products with clay and baking in a manually protected fire stove.

After all it's an art which is really invaluable and magical.

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh