Hunt79's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Traditional oil mining

Did you know in Indonesia we have traditional oil mining. And guess what, it’s not located on the shoreline or offshore or desert, but located on the top of the hill arround 200 meters above the sea level. I think this is one and only oil mining on the hill. 

This mining legacy of colonial. 
When colonial found oil on this area and during independent of Indonesia they put concrete on top of well, and then local people digging that concrete and start mining again.
There are 3 types of mining in this area.
1. They using modern machines, usually it is belong of government of Indonesia petroleum company.
2. They are using semi modern machines, it’s belong of local people. They using busses machines or old truck. You can see on my video. They’re 2 operators. 1 for machine one for pipe.
3. Traditional mining. They take oil by Human Resources. No machines at all. 

At this time there is one regulation from Indonesian Government which is no new well. Just continue mining from old one.

What made unique? These wells are located in the edge of street. No need park your vehicle to see process of iy.
Local people not mind if there are visitors asking, take a photo and get involved of mining.
Voila enjoy my photo and video.994A9915-C458-4CCF-AA7B-EFA81DA451E1.jpeg

DD307610-C92E-4953-A38C-9EBAA2C73E53.jpeg

94DFA59F-3AE3-4203-AAA4-492B8B6302BF.jpeg

03D0BDB0-EAF8-49E3-BC88-B79BDF0BF10F.jpeg

D01316BF-3451-40C7-ABEA-9C57FF27BD96.jpeg

49E7E0A4-E8AD-4371-97D9-EE6AAB7EE890.jpeg

6D9FEDAE-9E10-489C-BB51-589A86967951.jpeg

Ready to sellReady to sell

Semi modern miningSemi modern mining

344D1732-F697-4A8F-97CA-680D24475B2F.jpeg

AltimeterAltimeter

Traditional rigTraditional rig

Menu..Menu..

Small salty fishSmall salty fish

Roll rice or nasi gulungRoll rice or nasi gulung

Lokal food covered bananas leavesLokal food covered bananas leaves

He is ready to sell solar or dieselHe is ready to sell solar or diesel

They cooking oil.They cooking oil.

65E2C761-D0E4-4B85-B056-4CACB0A4B82D.jpeg

Diesel or solar are readyDiesel or solar are ready

332E9B7C-DCF3-4776-9236-562E2A77F762.jpeg

Bojonegoro, East Java, Indonesia
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Traditional oil mining

Hello @Hunt79,

Thank you so much for sharing!

I never figured Indonesia for an oil country, and even at that altitude!

The whole operation looks really interesting. I guess the oil industry is not the biggest in Indonesia. 

Can you tell us what the oil is mostly used for after been extracted? Do you know if it's sold to be used in production or as fuel, or maybe something else?

Just to let you know, Connect has a photo limit of 1000 uploaded photos. When posting, I would suggest choosing your favorite ones for the post, and not include near duplicate ones. This way you will not run out of photo uploads any time soon. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @MortenSI thanks for comment my treat. As i know from local workers, they prefer production solar or diesel, because of market demand. 

Many fisherman at Tuban city (nearest city from this site need solar for fishing) i’m not see they produce gasoline or RON 92.

near this site there’s modern oil company from other country operated in here.

Former Google Contributor

It is very interesting @Hunt79!

I suppose the big triangular wooden structures indicate where they are digging.

Do you know how much oil they manage to extract per day?  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!