AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Tour Google's virtual Frida Kahlo exhibit

Caption: A screenshot of the Google Arts & Culture Faces of Frida tribute with a photo of Frida Kahlo sitting outdoors (Google Arts & Culture/Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution)Caption: A screenshot of the Google Arts & Culture Faces of Frida tribute with a photo of Frida Kahlo sitting outdoors (Google Arts & Culture/Archives of American Art, Smithsonian Institution)

Mexican artist Frida Kahlo passed away more than 60 years ago, but her life continues to inspire generations of people around the world. For years, the Google Arts & Culture team has been working with a network of museums and experts from seven countries to bring the many facets of her life, art, and legacy together in one place.

Last week, they launched Faces of Frida, a virtual exhibition that celebrates the iconic 20th-century artist. The online collection includes 800 artworks, rare photographs, letters, journals, and clothes. It’s the largest digital retrospective of Frida Kahlo to date — and it’s available for anyone to see.

Read stories about her relationship to politics, immerse yourself in some of her paintings that have never before been viewable online, learn about her lasting impact on fashion, and more. You can even use Street View to take a virtual tour of La Casa Azul (“The Blue House”), the place where Frida was born, lived, and took her last breath or check out artworks on display at the Frida Kahlo Museum.

To learn more, visit Faces of Frida on your desktop or download the Google Arts & Culture app for iOS or Android.

58 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Tour Google's virtual Frida Kahlo exhibit

This. Is. Amazing! ❤︎

Level 10

Level 10

Wow this is amazing. Thanks for sharing @AriMar

Level 10

@AriMar

Amazing post to Tribute Maxican artist Frida.

Which you explained in your post as Faces of Frida, a virtual exhibition that celebrates the iconic 20th-century artist and online collection of 800 artworks, rare photographs, letters, journals, and clothes

Very nice YouTube video.

Thanks for sharing.

BM63
Level 9

@AriMar i fi find this amazing, just like @ArielleM_

Nigeria  
Level 10

thanks a lot LG team always represent unique and interesting topic there  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@AriMar you surprise us much latley 🙂 thank you very much for bring some interesting topics to connect 🙂

Salma hayek play Frida kahlo in Frida Movie

and even in new Disney Movie CoCo we can see the Frida as a Famouse artist in The Land Of The Died 🙂

even hector one of the main characters make himself as frida to go to the living world 🙂

which is must to watch movie 🙂

i am sure you already miss me guys :))) remember me 🙂

@MahabubMunna @HelloSamsonR @LucioV @AlejandraMaria @ValeriaA_ @Jesi @HANEN_ @AkmalB  @Badruddeen 😄

Level 9

@Sagir @BishowvijayaP @LaxmiG1 @Justine2807 @Briggs i think you like to check this post 🙂

Level 9

I really like the movie Coco @OSAMA.

Oho, i remember Frida.

Nigeria