bhattuc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Total number of local guides across the globe

Any idea, if anyone can tell as how many local guides are there across the globe? I mean total LGs in the world.

Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Total number of local guides across the globe

Hi @bhattuc 

Thank you for asking

The last official data is 150 millions. Impressive isn't it?

You can read more about this incredible, and many others, milestones in this post: Celebrating community milestones and exciting updates on Google Maps 

I want to take this opportunity to share with you Your guide to Connect, the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @bhattuc 

Thank you for asking

The last official data is 150 millions. Impressive isn't it?

You can read more about this incredible, and many others, milestones in this post: Celebrating community milestones and exciting updates on Google Maps 

I want to take this opportunity to share with you Your guide to Connect, the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Level 8

@ErmesT 

Thanks for your quick response. I was also guessing it in millions only but 150 million is really an impressive figure.

Have a nice day.

Connect Moderator

Indeed @bhattuc 150 million is a mind-blowing number! We have already asked Google if they can give a split up of the number of local guides per level, but they're unwilling to reveal that.

As the answer @ErmesT , one of our brand new Guiding Stars, has given you provided the reply you needed, I have marked that as the solution for this post.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

@bhattuc 

I would not be surprised if the Local Guides Community is the biggest volunteer network on this planet! Feels good to be part of it!

Cheers

Morten

Level 8

Ya, Morten, I also feel so.