NABILazeez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Total Number Of Reviews

HI @MortenSI

sorry for interruption . but today I found my total reviews number in ( maps local guides home ) not matching the number in google maps app. also I received an email at 15 november confirming the right count 

this a screenshot taken today from google maps app. with a total 530 reviews Screenshot_2018-12-08-23-37-25-960_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

and this a screenshot of email received 15 november confirm that I reached 500 reviews 

Screenshot_2018-12-08-23-40-02-974_com.google.android.apps.inbox.png

and this my profile at   

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

stuck at 191 reviews ??Screenshot_2018-12-08-23-36-58-950_com.android.chrome.png

of course there is a difference in some point number and I know that it takes time to added as you can see in total edits number but actually  the reviews number stucked with no change .

please check what is going on .

thanks in advance 

21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Total Number Of Reviews

Peace be upod you all,

I guess I have found a justification to that number ..

After looking at these numbers and comparing them aginst other similar emails .. and by paying attention to the decimals in the number ..

I can say that.. All the problem is about .. is that the TWO numbers (points earned & places contributed to) are just HUGE

That they begin to concatenate/merge into one strange number

Screenshot_20181223-000246.jpg

Case closed .. thank you judges and juries 😎

@NABILazeez@@@ .. can you please decrease font size on your mobile .. or view this email from your PC .. I guess now you'll see understandable numbers

Thank you

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @NABILazeez as a Level 10 LG I'm surprised you've never noticed this before. This is quite normal and they will synchronise in time. Maps is a large distributed system with many services and data stores. It can take time for information to synchronise so the counts depend largely on which service instance you happen to connect to when you look.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Hi dear friend @PaulPavlinovich

Thank you so much for your attention , I really appreciate that.

Honestly as a local guide level 10  I never look back to my contribution number calculation as I make a lot of contributions every day hopefully to do my best for Google maps  and of course I know that it's needs time to calculated as I mentioned before in my post (((   of course there is a difference in some points number and I know that it takes time to added as you can see in total edits   ))))  but the reviews number stuck for more than a month that is I never noticed before  , and if there is a real problem with synchronization google moderators should know that and we must share these posts to let them aware what is going on .

So let's wait and see as you advised.

Thanks dear again for your kindness and support .

Another point 

I will ask for your help again about something I don't know .

Every month we receive an email with the last month contribution .

But in the last 3 months I noticed a huge number I couldn't understand 

Here's some screenshots

Screenshot_2018-12-08-12-26-58-127_com.google.android.apps.inbox.png

This is for september contributions 

Screenshot_2018-12-08-12-19-09-606_com.google.android.apps.inbox.png

For October's 

Screenshot_2018-12-08-11-24-13-368_com.google.android.apps.inbox.png

This is for November

My question is

What is that huge number 12,2052,436

Means ??! 

Honestly these numbers make me look back to my contribution to find an explanation , and then I found my reviews synchronization delay .

So I really appreciate if you could find an explanation but I if you couldn't I will really appreciate your efforts also.

Thanks dear friend for your time and being so helpful .

Best regards

Level 8

Wow .. this is so strange ..

I wish we can convert our google maps points into dollars 😄

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 10

dear @PaulPavlinovich

there is issue with review system as reported by our dear friend  @ErmesT 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Issue-with-review-in-Google-Maps-App/m-p/11...

thanks dear

Connect Moderator

Hi @NABILazeez

This kind of issue is a bit different from the one reported by me, Looks like something went wrong with the point calculation.

Thank you for letting us know. IiF I see othe LGs reporting this kind of issue, I will merge in here

Level 10

Hello dear @NABILazeez This is strange situation. I know there is a difference between visible reviews and all of them because of system smart filter. But this should be very less than what is yours. In fact I saw such huge difference only for users with bad activity like copy reviews from web that cause system hide most of their reviews. But I know you're one of the most accurate users so this really needs Google attention.

About that monthly number although I never received such emails as I described before, but I guess that is total view count of reviews and photos within a month.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

dear @ErmesT

thank you for clearing this issue , but I will ask you if you have any explanation about these huge numbers 

in my reply to paul ???

Level 10

@Amiran

Thank you so much .

Connect Moderator

As I said @NABILazeez, for me that numbers are quite strange. As I don't have an explanation, I prefer to avoid comments that maybe are wrong, waiting for a feedback from a Googler, like @GeorgesHR