Conundrum's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

To take initiative

Greetings fellow Local Guides Connect

This is a local guide from Southern California, that has a question open for comment.

My area has no person who has taken charge in starting up a meet up. What can someone experience when planning and hosting a meet up for the first time.

What can  be expected of the Host, and how to get more people involved in joining in on the experience.

How can one be able to Host a well planned and well executed meet up. I'm sure that being host is a very tedious job and the ability to multitask and also be on top of the issues will be key to a great meet up. Anyone that hosted a meet up please reply.

Thank you

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: To take initiative

Hi @Conundrum! To begin, all Local Guides can organise a meet-up. 🙂 If there hasn't been one in your area, feel free to get the ball rolling. 

I can't offer any better insights than @HelloJess, whose post you must check out - it tells you everything you want to find out.

Here's a little tip: To get more Local Guides attend your meet-up, I recommend finding and getting in touch with community members from your area first. You can do so by searching the community for mentions of "South California" or "So Cal" to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into those threads and connect with the Local Guides. I took a quick look and it seems like you may want to get in touch with @AlexanderY who is also looking to have a meet-up in your area. And @Dharm_S, too.

It's most important to enjoy the process of organising, then hosting a meet-up. With experience, I'm sure you'll get better at it in no time. 

Hope to see a meet-up in South California soon! Feel free to reach out if you have further questions. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.