JohnMorgan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

To make the platform better

I don't know if I should remain a Google local guide as they cannot help me reset my password. I mean, I have been a guide for a while, but if they can't confirm me, why should I assist them in making the platform better. 

If you want to make your platform better make it so people can regain their access to spend the $1.99 at the play store.

Des Moines, IA, USA
12 comments
Level 10

Re: To make the platform better

@JohnMorgan Maybe more details about the difficulty you are facing, so we can help you better.

Regarding username/password, the Local Guides program is tied to your Google account. The same account you use to login into Local Guides Connect here to post this. Which is also the same your Google account. If you need to change or reset your Google password, you can go to this help link. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/41078

Is this what you need for the password reset? Or something else?

Regarding the spending of 1.99, Local Guides program mainly depends on Google Maps, which is free. Most Android phones has Google Maps pre-installed. Even if it's not, Google Maps app is free to download and use, and even without Google Maps app, we can still use the web browser to use Google Maps through the web browser. You shouldn't need to pay for this. Was it another app you were looking at?

Level 6

I do not know if you saw my email reply or not Stephen. The problem is that I usually never buy apps and just use free ones. I created my Google email and Google account 4-5 years ago. I synched everything up at the time, so there was never a need to use my password. I can't remember the password now and the only place the automation will send a reset link to is my old Yahoo email account. I answer all the questions they ask me through the automation and even had someone " research it".they said that person would get back to me in a couple days. Two weeks later they tell me to create a new account because they can't verify me. 

Now if I had multiple accounts and logged on from all over the world....I.guess that would make sense to me. But my zip code is right in my email address. They can look at my history and see I'm from Des Moines, IA.

I have answered like 955 questions and reviewed around 45 places. 

I am also trying to start an art business and the appi use for editing has a pro option so that I can use it that way. I also play one online game. Design Home which I would like to be able to spend 1.99 in occasionally. I can't do that. 

The problem is me. I have a disability related to my memory. That is the reason I synched stuff....it has gotten worse. I just need to be able to reset my password. The answer provided is terrible. Reset up my whole account. I have many things like credit cards and bill.payments that are set up to this account to assist me in leading a normal life. 

The thing that is most aggravating is they won't even say what they need to verify me. I've been with the same cell provider for over 10 years.

I live in the same ace marked as home on my Google account. If they wanted I would share my live location with them but there is no recourse.

The customer service is non existent. 

If you know of anyone that can help a 56 year old guy with severe memory issues get his password reset, I would appreciate it very much. The automatic system does not work for me I've been trying for like 6 weeks now to get a reset.

Is there anyone you can refer this too who will actually be able to assist me.

Sorry I rambled so much but you asked for more information.

Level 6

I would provide my work email but i am.on disability and do not have access to it. My work email is [Email address removed] but I have been on disability from there for almost a year.

Level 6

@StephenAbraham

I.provided some additional information..

If you have any ideas of who.I could contact to help me I would appreciate it. Please read the other responses. I didn't realize I could do the @ to you 

Thank you

Level 10

@JohnMorgan I unfortunately don't work for Google, so not much else I can do to help. The right way is to follow the instructions in the link in my first reply above to reset/recover your password. If you have already tried all of that, then, I am not sure what else you could do. Let's see if anyone else in the forum can help.

In the mean time, do not share your personal contact information like your email, so I suggest you edit and remove that in the previous post.

Level 6

@StephenAbraham

Thank you for at least reading what's going on even if you don't work for Google. It seems like they want Google guides to do the legwork for them, but do not want to provide any actual customer service...one heck.of a business model 😄

Level 6

Does anyone work for google?

I am trying to make a suggestion to Google regarding the way they verify you if you forget your password. The way they do it is terrible. I have literally seen thousands of complaints over the last 6 weeks that I have been attempting to reset my password. It went as far as someone emailing me and telling me to set up a new account. Can't they just see where I'm at and that it is the place listed as home since I've been on Google. It seems there has to be a better way than what they do now. 

Level 5
Level 5

Re: Does anyone work for google?

I dont work for Google, but I agree with you that this could be more efficiëntly done. 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Does anyone work for google?

Hi @JohnMorgan,

Thanks for reaching out.

Local Guides Connect is not the right place to suggest a change in the procedure of Google Account password reset.

I would advise you to send feedback from this page - Google Account Help. On the same note, have you tried to reset your password as described here - Change or reset your password?

I noticed there is another similar topic of yours. I will merge both of them to keep consistency.

Please note that your personal information was removed from this post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. Please take a moment to review our community policy and check these useful tips on using this community before posting.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators