YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

To get ready for L4 Drive benefit

If you are approaching L4 soon, you might want to get ready for the Drive benefit redemption.

1.  Drive benefit need to be claimed within 30 days of reaching L4

- As per our Moderator from a recent L4+ board topic, they might not be able to help if this 30 days window is missed.

(Link accessible  for L4 or above: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Level-4/Redeeming-Storage-Problem/td-p/35839)

2.  Drive benefit email might not reach us

- Personally, I never got that email.  And there are similar reports from some LGs also.

- Thus it will be better to check for the Drive Redeem link at your Local Guides Account homepage:  www.google.com/local/guides/home

- The redeem link under Level 4 at the LG Account homepage might take 14 days to appear

3.  When and how to ask for help

- When you do not got any email regarding your Drive benefit, and you cannot find any Drive Redeem link at your Local Guides Account Homepage

- You can post a new topic in the L4+ board, with a clear subject like "No Drive redeem email / link after reaching L4 for 14 days"

- Normally, our Moderators will contact you separately.  If you do not got in touch with them in a few days, please consider post a reply and mention them to draw their immediate attention.

4.  Please let us know how things develop

- It will be great if you can update your case when it is applicable

* Like already get in touch with Moderator

* Like issue resolved

* Even the outcome is not good (like you really missed the 30days windows, and lost the benefit)

- It will help any LGs that face similar issues in future.

5.  Got to know what happens when the Drive Benefit ends

- There are quite a few topics in the L4+ board regarding this.  Do a search if you want to know more.

14 comments
Level 8

Re: To get ready for L4 Drive benefit

What am I missing.  

To get ready for L4 Drive benefit.I have never heard of this idea from within in Google Maps Never recieved a email from google either.What is a L4 Drive benefit.  

Where can I read about this.

Rusty. 

Level 10

Thanks @YK1001

Although I am not an "interested party" myself, I know this is an issue for many new LG4 fellows. Your "guide" is very thorough and helpful.

Level 8

Hi @TomBrenner,

Please see this Help page: https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793 regarding LG benefits for each level.

Level 8

Thank you very much for your nice words, @Csaba!

Level 8

Thanks for giving me a reply.A miss understanding on my part,been using the service for some time. 

Rusty. 

Level 8

Reading you previous reply, I am worried you might missed the Drive benefit.

Glad to hear that it is all fine for you, @TomBrenner.

Level 8

Thanks

Level 8

well written guide for new comers !

Level 8

@YK1001 Hi

Thanks for your effort to resolve the matter about Drive redeem issue that also i have been looking for. Its very helpful guideline topic you made here & option no 2 help me out of that issue very nicely as you point quoted here

"Thus it will be better to check for the Drive Redeem link at your Local Guides Account homepage:  www.google.com/local/guides/home". 

just click on the link & resolved your drive issue done

Thank you