DariusHai's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

To expand space in Google drive

Hi Dear Local Guide Team, Im now on Level 5 of Local Guide, but i want to get more space in google Drive to save more picture than now, 15gb is to small with my all picture. Please kindly support.
HAN
11 comments
Level 10

Re: To expand space in Google drive

I still feel confuse about Google Drive and Google Photos.

Because I see some of photos (not all), which I uploaded to places on Google Maps, they appear in my Google Drive and Google Photos.

If this is still going on, in the future what will happen to my Local Guides account (on Google Maps) when my Google Drive storage is full? Can I still upload photos/videos on Google Maps then?

Really confuse.

Some one helps please.

Thank you.

My Google Drive nearly fullMy Google Drive nearly full

P/S: I already read this post, but still no conclusion

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/How-to-use-your-space-in-Google-drive/m-p/572742#M28...

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 5

Hi @DariusHai

I do NOT work for Google neither am I authorized to advertize Google products on behalf of Google, I am just a Local Guide trying to answer your question and help.

So yes you can upgrade you Google Storage from the free 15 GB to 100GB, 1TB or even 10TB if you want at a small monthly subscription fee. See the information here

I am not sure about this but it's my understanding that once you upgrade you Google Drive storage, the extra storage space is available for use across all the Google services associated with your Google account like Google Photos.

Hope this helps!

Level 9

@DariusHai and @ThanhLan:

If you're running out of space, you can opt to do what @i3be suggested - to purchase for a plan.

Otherwise, if you check the settings of your photos as per the article, you can store high quality photos for free and it will not count towards your drive storage. This won't be the full size but it will be high quality enough for web use and Google Maps use. Once you adjust this settings in the settings, you should notice that there will be more free space in your storage. You can verify your settings on this page.

Note that if you reach your drive storage allotment, some services like Gmail will no longer function.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Thank you @Shirley

I got it.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 5

Hey @Shirley

Thank you for the additional tip. I also did not know about that one.

I'll be sure to use it soon.

I just enjoy sharing such ideas on Local Guides Connect and I hope to meet all of you @Shirley@DariusHai@ThanhLan in San Francisco!

Cheers 🙂

Level 9

You're welcome @ThanhLan @i3be! 🙂

Feel free to post any questions 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 5

Hi dear, 

Thanks for your comments and advises. I know how to get more space in google drive. I mean here that Local guides ( L-G) link with google drive and some app of Google. That L-G can help us to get more space without any fee or any promotion . 🙂

Level 5

Thanks you, i got it

Level 10

@DariusHaiYou have 15 GB of free storage to use across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. You can update your storage plan for a monthly or annual fee.  Read more HERE