Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect - Reply area

Hi Everyone

I've made a Reply area for Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

tips.JPG

Post here your reply, comment or question.

All the reply of the original post in "Photos and discoveries" board will be moved in here

Thanks

Ermes

92 comments
Level 8

Re: Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

@ErmesT wrote:

Tips and tricks to manage the photos in Connect

Im writing this post by request, so thanks to @Anonymous to give this opportunity.

As you may know, in Connect every member can post a maximum of 1000 photos. It is a big number, but if you are a compulsive user of "Photos and discoveries" Board, (like I was) you can reach the limit in a very short time.

Here you will find some useful tips to save space, without renouncing to post.

• Choose the most significant photos: before posting, read the useful post from @LuisRG, pinned on the top of "Photos and discoveries" Board, from whitch i've estract: "If you want to share other photos, please add a link to an album on Google Photos or to any other place where you have these pictures stored, so we can all take a look." This is the most important point: too much photos in a single post means more time for the page to load, and less attention from the reader, expecially if they are using a smartphone.
  • Three way to load photos

1) Uploading. Most of the photos in Connect are loaded, from a  Computer or a Phone. Every photo you load is stored in your personal album, increasing by 1 the count of your loaded photos

Nando1.JPG

This means that, if you load two or three times, in different posts, the same photo, the photo will be counted two or three times

Nando2.JPG

If you want to use the same photo more than one time, follow me in the next step

2) Load from your album. Once a photo is loaded, you can reuse it many times, directly from your album:

saved photo.JPG

When you click on "saved photos", you will find a page with the list of your album (yes, when loading photos, you can choose, or create, an album where to save it)

Album2.JPG

Now, with a click on the album, you will find your photos

Album.JPG

Easy, and in this way you will avoid to loose space.

Now, before you go to open your album, to delete all the duplicated photo, whait a minute, because a mistake is always possible.

Remember this:

• If you delete a photo from a post, the photo remain, unused, on your album
  • If you delete an used photo from the album, an horrible empty placeholder will remain in the post

Next time we will see how to remove/replace a photo in a safe way, and how to add a photo from a link

Hi @ErmesT

Great advice.

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Very cool tips @ErmesT. Thanks for writing this up 🙂

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesT for most important post and information. 

We will be waiting for next post. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ErmesT

Thanks for sharing, and also this post need to be featured.

Level 9

Very useful tips which will helpful for us ! @ErmesT Thanks for sharing this nice tips.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

@ErmesT Thank you for this valuable post. This will help a lot to manage their photos. I am reaching 1000 photo limit. 😞

Level 8

Thank you so much for the step by step tutorial @ErmesT. SO GRATEFUL!

I had no idea that there was a maximum numbers to photos you could add to Connect. Thank you for the information!

Level 10

Thanks a lot @ErmesT for the tips.

I think this is your first pinned post. 🙂

Wish to see a lot of helpful posts from you in upcoming days.

Level 9

Thank you @ErmesT for this important Post , I think it must be on the get started section 😊