cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Through my journey : A Local Guides since 3 years

Hello from Tunisia!!

20180224_131440-01.jpeg
This is Houda Rouaissi, a level 7 Local Guide . You can check my introduction posted last year in this post ( I want to talk more this year ) .

I start being a local guide since 2015 , as I was very motivated and passionate about connecting and meeting new peoples , sharing experience and talking about how can we use technologies to have an accessible and better world , I decide to create Tunisia Local Guides where I can share the importance of Google Maps and how can we encourage the world to visit Tunisia ( 2015 : Tunisia's once flourishing tourism industry has suffered huge losses (Following the massacre of 24 people at Tunis' Bardo Museum and then the attack at the seaside resort of Sousse in which 34 people died in 2015)) , so as a Local Guides I start sharing photo about my country to show that we still resist and we still live in peace.

2016 !! I am still remembering "Pack your bags - you’re going to San Francisco!" the most beautiful email I have received in my life .Yep I joined the first Local Guides Summit 2016.Here I traveled for the first time in my life , my dream to travel come true with this community . I met 50 people from other country , @TraciC@HelloJess@GusMoreira , @LuisRG and other motivated moderator who I know just behind email or hangout.. The LGSummit16 was just about 3Days ( for me was a week 2days flight -3days summit-2other days flight lol 🙂 ) but with to much of happiness , motivation , positive vibes and energy .
Back to home I realize that the family is not only this where you growing up ,but this where you are pushing your self to help other and improving your world to be better .I was invited by Google Developer Group to talk about my experience .As well I hosted meet-up to more involve in the program .

@chamnan and I at the first day of LGSummit16@chamnan and I at the first day of LGSummit16@Flo and I at the last day of LGSummit16@Flo and I at the last day of LGSummit16

2017!!  the story doesn't end here !! it's just starting !
One of my lovely meet up was Tunisia Old Town - Photo Walk , where I meet @Yussefw for the first time , he start asking me about every things. How can I be Local Guides? Tell me about LGSummit16? What you love about the program? ,We become friend on Facebook: he asked and I answered (we don't know that we was falling in Love ) He  join the program and we started discovering places , searching for delicious restaurant and sharing our meal in social media and maps, he pushed me to apply for the LGSummit17 .

End guess what? Yeah I was selected to attend the second summit !! I will meet again @KarenVChin , @Shirni , @ChamnanMuon , @U-royFelixA  and other friend from LGSummit16 .I will have also new friends from other country like @ErmesT  and others .
about the funny moment at LGSummit17about the funny moment at LGSummit17
I can't really describe how happy I was ,not just because I will meet those amazing peoples but  specially when I realized that the sprint of love has come to my life  with the Local Guides Program ❤️ .

@Yussef and I taking photo for the LG logo@Yussef and I taking photo for the LG logo

2018 !! @Yussefw and I get engaged but with the dream to join the Connect Live 2018 and discover San Francisco together.It will be a good opportunity to share our story to the world  . ( to be continued after the ConnectLive18 😛 )

the most two beautiful things in my life in the same photo :)the most two beautiful things in my life in the same photo 🙂

Thanks Local Guides for all the beautiful things you have bring to my life.

Regards,

103 comments
Level 6

Re: My story : A Local Guides since 3 years

yeah @HoudaR  Really it's very impressive your story , you are awesome girl 😘 

Level 10

@HoudaR Pack your bag again for  "Connect live " 🙂 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@HoudaR 

O.M.G!!! Local Guides love story!!!!

♡♡♡♡♡ like a fairy tale!!!

So happy for you dear!

Hope we will be selected ♡

Best of luck!

Shirni Ong ❉ Shirni OngInstagramWasabiSaysSingaporeMalaysia
Level 10

Re: Through my journey : A Local Guides since 3 years

Hello @HoudaR My beautiful friend. That’s a great write up. All the best. Cheers.

Level 10

@HoudaR Hello Houda, my beautiful friend. That’s a great write up. Thanks very much for your kind words. All the best. Cheers.

Connect Moderator

Hey @HoudaR, ready for the third adventure?

In Italy we say "there's no two without three" so, why not?

I wish you all the best for your submission

Ermes

Googler

@HoudaR I loved reading this post and your journey with Local Guides and especially loved that you met your husband-to-be at a meet-up you hosted! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Wonderful post @HoudaR. Your post says what a colorful and eventful journey you are having with local guides. It was really great to meet you last year. Hope we can meet again this year as well. All the best for your application. 

Level 7

thank you @halam , good luck for your application!! @MahabubMunna hope that we will meet again this year ! @Shirni @U-royFelixA   as @ErmesT says "there's no two without three" wish that we will make it for #ConnectLive18 !!
@TraciCthe community offered me the most beautiful thing in Life (Love) !!
@SoniaKI hope to meet you again and eat a new  delicious dishes From Bangladesh 🙂