NunungAfuah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Things I love When visiting Malang Car Free Day

When I lived in Malang for 4 years as student, visiting Car Free Day (CFD) is always be my favorite thing to do at weekend. CFD starts from 6 am - 9 am every Sunday in Ijen Boulevard , Malang, Indonesia.

Malang is the second busy city after Surabaya in East Java. People spend a lot of their time dealing with traffic jam for weekdays. Therefore, it's a good choice to visit CFD in weekend, like jogging, cycling, exercising, meeting local communities, doing some hobbies, meeting bunch of friends, or just grabbing its street food. 

A family spend their time riding 'Delman' through Ijen Boulevard  MalangA family spend their time riding 'Delman' through Ijen Boulevard Malang

Inspiring from this article with #LetsGuide, my passion of being Local Guides is always to try to share my discoveries during my visit. Here is my story when I visited CFD this Sunday, 4th of March 2018. It's my first time visit after coming back to my hometown, Blitar.

It's bright Sunday on the first week of March. I got one big surprise after I parked my scooter which I could watch street musician who sang The Scientist by Coldplay nicely. 

Street musician performanceStreet musician performance

Then, I met an old man offered the newspaper for free. "It's free for reading! Take it!" he said with his charming smile.

Free newspaper!Free newspaper!

His charming face invited people to come closer and took the newspaper. It's so great to see people reading in a public place.

In another spot of Ijen Boulevard, I met not only many adults who doing jogging or exercising, but also many kids with different hobbies and interest. It's so great to see their happy face during that morning. I can say that this weekly event is perfect to find kid friendly place to spend their weekend in Malang. 

Two kids enjoyed their roller skatesTwo kids enjoyed their roller skates

Those air bubbles made her happy!Those air bubbles made her happy!

No need to worry if you bring kids with stroller. It can be a good place to take them to see around the boulevard! 

Kid enjoy CFD from his strollerKid enjoy CFD from his strollerIf you like to ride your own bike, this event is perfect for you since motorist give up their cars for a day. 

He rode an old bikeHe rode an old bike

CFD is also a great way for local communities to share their expression, performance, or to do their campaign.

Martial arts performanceMartial arts performance

The bonus was you might find a walking girl who put an iguana on her head!

A girl with her iguanaA girl with her iguana

After two hours walking, I tried its street food. I chose Siomay, a kind of dumpling with peanut sauce on it. It's really amazing Sunday I've ever had!

Siomay with peanut sauce on it!Siomay with peanut sauce on it!How is your weekend? Do you have weekly Car Free Day in your place? Or what's your passion for being a Local Guide? Feel free to share 🙂 

Regards, 

Nunung Afuah 

Indonesia Local Guides
55 comments
Level 8

Re: Things I love When visiting Malang Car Free Day

@NunungAfuah

Ma'am it's Amezing😀😀😀😃

Thanks for sharing your experience with us 😃😃

Level 10

@NunungAfuah. I really love your post! Nice photos. People seem to be happy with this CFD. It is very cool atmosphere. You must have spent a nice weekend.

It would be good if we had this in France. Unfortunatly, we don't have CFD 😞

Connect Moderator

@ayann thanks! I just keep thinking to share it after I arrived home 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Hi @Julien44, yes. I love to meet many communities during CFD here. For some cities in Indonesia, they hold weekly CFD. I'm glad that you like it 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Bls: Things I love When visiting Malang Car Free Day

Mantaf lah ibu @NunungAfuah memang luar biasa 😊😊😊 butuh kesabaran buat translet 😭

Connect Moderator

Helo mas @Mangib, ada translation tool di pojok kanan atas setiap postingan loh. Sila klik dan pilih bahasa yang dikehendaki. Boleh kapan-kapan share juga CFD di Cirebon juga ya! 

Salam, 

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 9

Okeh.... iya udah .... jadi pengen nulis eh . 

Siap nnt saya post juga CFD cirebon kalo ga kesiangan 😋  tidurnya

Level 10
Level 10

nice recap @NunungAfuah

that's a great program from local government, hopefully my town will start CFD again like the past 

Connect Moderator

@Mangib wrote:

Okeh.... iya udah .... jadi pengen nulis eh . 

Siap nnt saya post juga CFD cirebon kalo ga kesiangan 😋  tidurnya

Wah, sepertinya menarik nih. Ditunggu ya tulisan kerennya 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides