HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: The season of New Soba: Buckwheat flour Noodle in Japan (新そばの季節)

Thanks the info I read said some are made with regular flour also. I ll have to be careful when buying or eating. I had them years ago before I knew I was Intolerant . I loved them .

Thank you for your time ,

linda 

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @Mamalc9949 🙂

Connect Moderator

Es impresionante tu post @HiroyukiTakisawa, quede con muchas ganas de probar ese tipo de fideo Soba 🍜, el detalle y la combinación precisa con las Fotos hacen dar más ganas de pedir al delivery  nos traiga la comida a casa, gracias por compartir estos detalles de la cocina Japonesa.

saludos Farid.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @FaridTDF

If you want, I can send Soba to you. In Japan, people eat Soba on new year's day, so you can fit it. Or, you can also wait for the next time we meet 😉

Connect Moderator

Jajaja las dos opciones son muy tentadoras estoy seguro que nos volveremos a ver @HiroyukiTakisawa

saludos Farid

Connect Moderator

I introduce a Soba restaurant in my region.

Wagaya

in Nishiwaga, Iwate Japan

Of course, we can eat an awesome new Soba at this restaurant.

Flavor, taste, and environment are so nice. You can enjoy tastily soba in the traditional Japanese house style restaurant.

When I visited there, a  staff recommended me to eat Soba with water. And the next with salt. These were so interesting experience. You should try it as well:-)

Level 6

solo travel to Tokyo next year March 27 to April 4th 2019, hit me up if you are visiting same period, need more Japan local guides travel tips. Still preparing travel itinerary 😃 btw definitely will try out soba!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Safuan

Let's try to eat Soba next time! 🙂

Google Moderator

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa,

Really amazing post, thank you for sharing more about soba with us!

Soba is my favourite type of Japanese noodles. When I was living in Japan, I enjoyed both hot and cold soba, depending on the season. The most delicious combination for me was with onion and ebi tempura. So tasty!

Does "new soba" mean that around this time of the year buckwheat is harvested in Japan?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @DeniGu

Yes, you are almost correct.
In general, buckwheat(Soba) is harvested from September to October, and it changes to buckwheat flour. So most customers are able to eat Soba that made from the new buckwheat flour from around middle October:-)

In fact, the harvesting seasons of Soba are Spring and Autumn. However maybe most of the Japanese people like Autumn Soba more than Spring Soba.  

Onion and Ebi tempura Soba sounds really good! From the winter, a hot Soba also great .... :-)))