HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The season of New Soba: Buckwheat flour Noodle in Japan (新そばの季節)

IMG_20170528_132307.jpg

Do you know Soba? A lot of people all over the world know Yakisoba, but Soba is another kind noodle in Japan.
Basically, Soba is made from buckwheat flour. And depending on the percentage or part of buckwheat, Soba changes its name.Juwari-Soba, Nippachi-Soba, Srashina-Soba, Hikigurumi, and Hegi. All of them are unique and very tasty.

And Soba is one of the famous food as a diet food in Japan as well. Because Soba include a lot of fiber and its calory is low.

In general, there are two ways of eating Soba. Hot and Cold. I definitely recommend cold Soba, Zaru-Soba or Mori-Soba because you can enjoy the flavor and its taste clearly. We eat Zaru-Soba with dipped into Mentsuyu that made from soy source and soup stocks. If you want to add Japanese onion or Wasabi, you can also choose it. Sometimes, there are people who eat Soba together with Tempura. Their combinations are very well. And after eating Soba, you may find a small pot on the desk. There is Sobayu in the small pot. Sobayu is the hot water that cooked Soba. You can drink it like tea.

Probably, Soba is not famous in foreign countries but it is a very popular and familiar food in the countryside of Japan. Now, in Japan is the season of new buckwheat.  If you visit Japan around this season, please try to eat Soba.

Related Link

新そばの季節ですね!みなさんも美味しいお蕎麦を食べに出かけましょう:-)

Japan
46 comments
Level 9

Re: The season of New Soba: Buckwheat flour Noodle in Japan (新そばの季節)

Buck wheat flour Noodle in japan wow nice to hear @HiroyukiTakisawa, Thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Hi, @NirmalTeja

Please try to eat when you get an opportunity:-)

Connect Moderator

Wow @HiroyukiTakisawa

This looks mouth watering.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

When I have a chance I will surely try Soba.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Sagir🙂

Come toJapan and let's eat Soba (and some Japanese foods) together!

Level 9

Next time I visit a Japanese restaurant, I will request Soba! The fact that it is healthy, low calorie and delicious, what's not to like? Thanks!

Level 9

OMG @HiroyukiTakisawa, I wanna try all!!! 

Yakisoba is very common here and tempura as well (I really, really love tempura).  But the others I think I've never tasted it.

How is this onion? Is it the white, purple or other one? Is it like the ginger pickle or sunomono?

Delicious post!! 😄

Connect Moderator

You should try it!

Thank you @RenataH 😉

Connect Moderator

HI, @SarahKa
The Japanese onion is green and long onion. Maybe green onion in English. It is being used as a seasoning or spices for cold noodles. It is a bit bitter and spicy but I like to use it:-)

Level 9

I did a research here in I think is one that we use a lot here in Brazil. We use to a lot of foods, to add some flavour when we're cooking.