LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: The run to level 10: some considerations

Thank you all, and thank you @TraciC, i will send an email to the team with some specific cases.

Yes @WetCoastCanuck maybe will come to an equilibrium, in the future.

@YK1001 the hardest thing to accept is to see legit updates or photos rejected, for month, years, and tons of poor content up and running.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Level 10

@LucioV 100% agree with you . few guy new commer they think if they touch L 9-10 . they got something also show all guy they are subprime . i talk with few guy personally but they there same replay " who are you to say this . There not any rules or mention Upload limit and word limitation .

new spamming like this  " copy past location name  "  all place give same review .  also i know one guy add 300 + picture one place 3-4 day jump level 7 to 9 . till increasing point . just take photo from car and upload .

@TraciC @GusMoreira @YK1001  open a  team for few days take rapid action  about this   

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

dearest @LucioV I totally agree with you, of course and also I have noticed that thing. But I'm quite sure that in a while our best guys in Google will fix these inconveniences.

while we're talking about the net and about a program that is free and totally run by volunteers (as we are beings a LG), we can understand one thing: not everyone has got the right gift to understand the real value of that kind of program.

In last three years I've got only good things from this program that we call Local Guides!

I've met very special persons thanks to LG: the first I've met was @TraciC the one who signed my automatic  invitation mail to the program, I can even now remember how happy I was, even if I didn't know a thing about all this program; then I've met my co-mod Enzo Spedaliere, the one that ruled my community in my long absence; than I "fell in love" with Mauro Biancacci and above all Fabio Cellini. 

And what can I say about my latest months?

you  all know, my beloved @AntonellaGr@ErmesT and my dearest @manulele81 , how LG has changed my life...

So, I know that you're right, @LucioV but please we can fix our attention at the positive effects of this program!  

ps: I've to mention also @OSAMA who let me in LGConnect more than any other in the world, and @MahabubMunna my lovely Sippangi a sort of friend in real life, even if it is quite strange! and last but not least Pavel Serwar who gives to me and to @AntonellaGr the huge privilege to be a part of Sukonna.org

Level 9

Thank you so much @DanielaBP you are great funny sweety member and all appreciate you so much 😊

Your words are very kind 🙂

Level 8

❤️ you're sooo kind!!!

Level 10

@DanielaBP wrote:

dearest @LucioV I totally agree with you, of course and also I have noticed that thing. But I'm quite sure that in a while our best guys in Google will fix these inconveniences.

while we're talking about the net and about a program that is free and totally run by volunteers (as we are beings a LG), we can understand one thing: not everyone has got the right gift to understand the real value of that kind of program.

In last three years I've got only good things from this program that we call Local Guides!

I've met very special persons thanks to LG: the first I've met was @TraciC the one who signed my automatic  invitation mail to the program, I can even now remember how happy I was, even if I didn't know a thing about all this program; then I've met my co-mod Enzo Spedaliere, the one that ruled my community in my long absence; than I "fell in love" with Mauro Biancacci and above all Fabio Cellini. 

And what can I say about my latest months?

you  all know, my beloved @AntonellaGr@ErmesT and my dearest @manulele81 , how LG has changed my life...

So, I know that you're right, @LucioV but please we can fix our attention at the positive effects of this program!  

@LucioV Mark @DanielaBP  Reply as a a solution to this topic and check here as well: Feedback-To-Remove-Google-Photos Integration Into Google Maps

Level 10

@DanielaBP ❤️da4bdcb51888e39f7af678430dfaa0d0.png

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Hi @LucioV in principle I agree, but I don't necessarily think it is the way the higher levels got where they are. I reckon we all pop up duplicates photos from time to time - I'm sure I have. I add some photos and some time later Maps will pop up and ask me to add certain photos to a place, if I remember I've done it then I won't add them again but if its been a few days and I forget I'm sure that I probably upload doubles despite best intentions.

I do like the idea of quality over quantity, sometimes you see someone put up 25 images of the same place which huge overlap. I might word it a little differently though, a useful photograph on Maps is worth a lot more to me than an artistic masterpiece. As an example, a mediocre photo that shows the entrance of a shop when the front is hidden behind a truck in the Street View is really good. A photo that gives me an idea where the toilets are in relation to a restaurant so I don't have to ask is just about priceless.

It will take me a long time to get to Level 10 too, I'm probably half way between Level 8 and Level 9 and I look forward to getting there but I'm not in any hurry and I don't really even keep that much of a watch on my points. If I get all the way to 10, then what? It would be like being stuck in Level 5 all over again. 

I would hesitate in placing limits though, some places really could take 25 photos to do a good job - a place like Disneyland could take thousands. I upload lots to the railway I volunteer on because I'm there at times and see things that no-one else ever does and I like to share those behind the scenes moments.

The other problem with limits is that if you make a concerted effort, you could for example add a reasonable photo of every store in a mall and legitimately upload 500 reasonable photos in the day earning yourself 2500 points. I would not want to stymie this sort of effort by stopping that really enthusiastic person from contributing. Some people in the @HelloSamsonR Map Edit Walk would have earned hundreds and at least one earned several thousand points in that one day.

So in conclusion, you're absolutely right that some people are gaming the system - that's always going to happen. No matter how random we are we'll establish patterns of behavior and Google are experts with Machine Learning. Will ML catch people? No, but it will surface people who are stepping outside their pattern for humans to check out. Do I know that ML is used with Maps? No, not at all. Would I be surprised if it wasn't? Yes I would. Do I want to know? Sure, but I don't expect to - ML is one of the Google vs the world secret sauce things and secrets are not usually revealed because then they wouldn't be secrets :).

Regards

Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @Divyansh777 every review and photo has a little flag next to it.  Tap or click the flag and you can report it.

@Divyansh777 wrote:

Hi there,

Yes, you are right. I came across a lot of users like that. Let me know if there is any way to report it? 

Regards,

Divyansh.

Level 10

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich 🙂
This thread is not to be intended as an advice (spamming report should be done using other channels, as Traci stated), but more as an encouragement: guys, now you are LVL 10, you got it, let's improve quality now! I hope they will hear me 🙂