HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The nostalgic spot, a river in our hometown

IMG_20160814_094615.jpg

When you were a child, did you play at a river? Playing at a river is a typical childhood memory. Camping, Fishing, swimming and making a tiny stone castle may have been your good memories.

This is my memorable river in my hometown. This river is not broad and not deep, but the water is so pure and clean. When I was a child, we have often played there. Fished river fishes were snacks for the children:-9

What do you have good memories of a river in your hometown?

For introducing a river safely and helpfully, we have to check some points. As examples, try to check below.

1. Confirm a weather forecast

For avoiding a flash flood and a trouble by accident, please confirm a weather forecast before going to a river if it's fine at the time.

2. Prepare a bug repellent spray

There are a lot of kinds/numbers of bugs around the river. Some of them may be dangerous, so pay attention to them. Just in case, bringing a first aid kit is also a good idea.

3. Bringing trash bags

We should not leave any trash. And if you find trash beside the river, please pick them up and throw away. Let's keep the clean river:-)

4. Introducing facilities

Information for restroom and store is very helpful for visitors.

5. Take a photo of a bridge

A bridge is one of the impressive and charm points of a river. Let's introduce nostalgic or historic bridges together with a river.

[Japanese]

皆さんは小さい頃川で遊びましたか?私はもっぱら川、山遊びばかりで 、時には現地でおやつを調達することもありました。

川は憩いのスポットであると同時に危険もある場所です。ルールを守って良い川の紹介ができるようになると良いですね:-)

ぜひ皆さんの川体験も共有して下さい。

Iwate Prefecture, 日本
30 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The nostalgic spot, a river in our hometown

Thanks for sharing @HiroyukiTakisawa while it is a different river in a different land, it looks remarkably like my childhood river memories. Thanks for sharing your pictures, words and advice.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @PaulPavlinovich 🙂

I like to find a scene that children jump into a river from a cliff in a movie:-) Recently, I saw it in IT.

Merry Xmas!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa,

I am astonished by the river, as the the water is really clear!

Thanks for sharing with us, as I would also share the thoughts of @PaulPavlinovich

It may not be familiar, but it can spark many memories.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Yes Hiroyuki, same here.

Growing up in Australia, we spent half our life in the water. Beaches, dams, rivers, pools, creeks, all great for an adventure. 

Lately one of our favourite spots is Foreshore Park with a beautiful timber bridge over a winding river. 

Do you still love the water these days, Hiroyuki??

Thanks for reminding us of those fun memories.

Merry Christmas and kindest regards from Osaka78 😃

Connect Moderator

Thank you, @Osaka78forTRUMP @sonnyNg

Osaka7, of course, I still love the river. I'll go there with my son someday:-)

Merry Christmas!

Level 10

Yes, Hiroyuki, family time is awesome. Making new memories, having fun together. Thanks again, Hiroyuki, for a wonderful 2018 👍❇️😃

Google Moderator

メリークリスマス、@HiroyukiTakisawa

とても面白くて興味深い投稿をありがとうございます。日本の川は本当に綺麗ですよね。

良いお年をお迎えください!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

ありがとうございます。

@Ivi_Geさんも良いお年を:-)

Level 9

Thanks @HiroyukiTakisawa for sharing the beautiful pictures of your country, the river looks so amazing.

Well i live in Chamba, Himachal Pradesh (a state in northern side of India) and near my home we have a lake which is named as: Manimahesh Lake, i am sharing some pictures of lake i hope you'll like it. 🙂

@Ivi_Ge@sonnyNg@PaulPavlinovich@GhazalaShah@YasumiKikuchi@TravellerG

Beautiful Manimahesh lake in Himachal Pradesh, India (photo by local guide Ishant Gautam)Beautiful Manimahesh lake in Himachal Pradesh, India (photo by local guide Ishant Gautam)

A small bridge over the Manimahesh lake in Himachal pradesh, India (photo by local guide Ishant Gautam)A small bridge over the Manimahesh lake in Himachal pradesh, India (photo by local guide Ishant Gautam)