ThomasBiziouras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

The magnificent Portitsa gorge with the old stone bridge at its entrance.

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Portitsa, Ελλάδα
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The magnificent Portitsa gorge with the old stone bridge at its entrance.

Σε ευχαριστούμε για ακόμη μια φορά @ThomasBiziouras που μοιράστηκες μαζί μας μια πανέμορφη φωτογραφία από την Ελλάδα!

Νομίζω ότι είναι πολύ ενδιαφέρον να αναδείξουμε και άλλα μέρη πέρα από τα νησιά μας! Θα μπορούσες να μοιραστείς μαζί μας και άλλες πληροφορίες για το Σπήλαιο;

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Συμφωνώ απόλυτα μαζί σου @VasT , η Ελλάδα δεν είναι μόνο ήλιος, θάλασσα και παραλίες! 🙂

Θα κάνω και άλλες αναρτήσεις στο μέλλον σχετικά με το Σπήλαιο που έχει πολλές ομορφιές αλλά και για το σύνολο του Νομού Γρεβενών και των τριγύρω περιοχών

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!

Hello @ThomasBiziouras,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo with us. 

The colors are simply amazing, did you use a special filter?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Viite: The magnificent Portitsa gorge with the old stone bridge at its entrance.

@ThomasBiziouras I love the reflection you've capture here. Is this the same bridge from your previous post? This photo is brilliant indeed! You've got great skills!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

@ThomasBiziouras, θα ήθελα επίσης να σου αναφέρω ότι όσο πιο λεπτομερής είναι μια ανάρτηση έχει περισσότερες πιθανότητες να διαλεχθεί ως εβδομαδιαία αγαπημένη ανάρτηση. Μπορείς να ρίξεις μια ματιά στις αγαπημένες αναρτήσεις της προηγούμενης εβδομάδας.

Παρεπιμπτόντως, για να μην παρεξηγηθώ λατρεύω τη θάλασσα και τις παραλίες απλά δεν Ελλάδα δεν είναι μόνο αυτό!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hi @BorrisS thank you for your nice comment!

I do not use filters, I usually make minor corrections about illumination and color corrections. Took this photo on one of the last very shiny days of past Autumn

Level 6

Viite: The magnificent Portitsa gorge with the old stone bridge at its entrance.

Thank you @DanniS !

This is another bridge, first time I post it here. We have more than 20 old stone bridges in Grevena district 🙂

Level 6

@VasTσε ευχαριστώ για την ενημέρωση, δεν το γνώριζα.

Συμφωνώ και πάλι μαζί σου, και εγώ αγαπώ πολύ τη θάλασσα και την επισκέπτομαι σε κάθε ευκαιρία, απλά προτιμώ το βουνό και σίγουρα πιστεύω πως σαν χώρα θα πρέπει να αναδείξουμε και να προβάλουμε και τους ορεινούς προορισμούς μας

Hey @ThomasBiziouras , 

The shape of this bridge reminds me a lot the one of "Devil's bridge", that is quite close to where I am living in Italy.

Caption: "The Devil's bridge" in Borgo a Mozzano (Italy)Caption: "The Devil's bridge" in Borgo a Mozzano (Italy)

A legend says that the master builder responsible for carrying out the work realised that he would never be able to finish it on the time that it was commissioned for. As he sat in despair on the banks of the  river Serchio, the devil appeared next to him and proposed him a deal: he would have finished building the bridge in one night, but in exchange he would take soul of the first person who would cross it. The man accepted the exchange and the devil kept his promise, building the bridge in one night.

Torned by remorse, the master builder decided to seek help from the priest of the village and together they build up a plan: respect the diabolical pact, but by crossing the bridge to a pig . The deception succeeded and the devil, after this trick, threw himself from the bridge into the waters of the river.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!