LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The internship

I don't know if this movie was ever discussed here... but... guys, if you love Google and you want a chance to get a job in Google, you SHOULD watch this movie.

Every time i watch this movie (several times in the year) make me dream and think how many chances I would have had if only I had been born in San Francisco...

9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The internship

@LucioV yaa we miss the chances...  

Lets u make a Application to God,,,,  

Why we don't born in San Francisco / U S. 

Level 8

That's a good movie, hopefully one day I'll get to Google headquarters! just for a tour of course lol!

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @LucioV

Yesterday I have seen the movie "The Internship" for the first time. It is so funny and I am pretty sure that the selection of the participants for the LG Summit 17 was very similar to the scenes at minute 15-16.

Definitely a "must see" for every applicant.

Happy trails

Martyn

Level 9

Ya saw the movie long time ago @LucioV.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

@LucioV that's not true you don't need to be born in SF to have a chance. take Sandar Pichai as an example.

aiming high , a strong will & hard work will take you just there 😉

Level 10

@khammami wrote:

@LucioV that's not true you don't need to be born in SF to have a chance. take Sandar Pichai as an example.

Yes! It's true! Sundar Pichai it's a great example! 🙂 But he is not the only one!!!

Maybe is late for me, but to every guy with some ambition that is asking me i always tell to leave and have the opportunity to apply to Google anywhere in the world!

We always think we are in chains.... at 15 with our friends, at 20 with our fiance, at 30 with our wife and our work, now i'm 46, i have two sons that require my attention, and i feel like i'm really in chains.

So, don't wait, and if you can, MOVE on heading to the best place in the world where everything is happening, just NOW.

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

@khammami wrote:

Yes! It's true! Sundar Pichai it's a great example! 🙂 But he is not the only one!!!

Maybe is late for me, but to every guy with some ambition that is asking me i always tell to leave and have the opportunity to apply to Google anywhere in the world!

We always think we are in chains.... at 15 with our friends, at 20 with our fiance, at 30 with our wife and our work, now i'm 46, i have two sons that require my attention, and i feel like i'm really in chains.

So, don't wait, and if you can, MOVE on heading to the best place in the world where everything is happening, just NOW.

The movie is a good inspiration for every age. so it never too late. Yes, when you have a family it make late changes harder especially when you've kids that need your care. As I know Google take care very well of it's employees and their families so that may help you break the chains.

For me I'm happy with what I'm doing as a research engineer, I have the opportunity to work in an environment similar to the work environment at Google which is a motivation for me & also a dream 😉

so I hope all your dreams come true 🙂

Connect Moderator

Absolutely love this movie - thanks for this topic, @LucioV haha! It is actually pretty inspirational for how silly it is, and it is funny seeing how they use a lot of the products in their quest. The movie definitely has been a part of inspiration for me wanting to work at Google. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Many thanks for letting me know this video @LucioV. 🙂