Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

The fossilized forest 7000 years ago

tassilli najer.illizi.algeriatassilli najer.illizi.algeria

6 comments
Level 4

رد: The fossilized forest 7000 years ago

هي سلسلة جبلية تقع ب ولاية إليزي في الجنوب الشرقي للجزائر. وهي هضبة قاحلة حصوية ترتفع بأكثر من 2000 م عن سطح البحر عرضها من 50 إلى 60 كم وطولها 800 كم مشكلة مساحة تقدر ب12000 كم2، أعلى قمة جبلية وهي أدرار أفاو ترتفع ب 2,158 م على كل مساحتها ترتفع من على الرمال قمم صخرية متآكلة جدا تعرف بالغابات الصخرية وكأنها أطلال مدن قديمة مهجورة بفعل الزمن والعواصف الرملية.

Connect Moderator

Re: The fossilized forest 7000 years ago

Hi @DachriMed

This looks interesting. Tell us more about this place.

How is it accessed? And is there people living there?

Thanks

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 7

Beautiful ...what an amazing place. Would love to visit the place

Former Google Contributor

Hello @DachriMed,

Thank you for sharing this amazing photo with us, the place looks incredible! Is there a cave inside the rocky mountain? 

The place you've shared reminds me the Todgha Gorges in Morocco, which I visited few years ago. 🙂

PS: I edited your photo because it had your e-mail address on it, and according to the rules of Connect, such things are not acceptable. Furthermore, I removed the Arabic language label from your post as it doesn't contain such. Only posts written in a specific language should have the corresponding label. You can find more information in this article: How do I find posts in my preferred language?

Caption: Todgha Gorges - Morocco (Local Guide BorrisS)Caption: Todgha Gorges - Morocco (Local Guide BorrisS)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @DachriMed

That's pretty cool! Reminds me a bit of Petra in Jordan. 

@BorrisS wow your photo from Morocco is really amazing. I didn't know it had such great canyons. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello @DachriMed

Thank for sharing such an old fossil with us.