HiroyukiTakisawa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The charm of Ramen

IMG_20170803_122611.jpg

The roots of the Japanese-style Ramen is in China. Over one hundred years ago, the Japanese Ramen that was made based on a Chinese noodle dish has been developing, and now it became to be able to enjoy all over the world.

The basic tastes of ramen are soy sauce, miso, or salt. They are mixed with soup stocks that made from seafood, pork bone, or chicken bone. There are several kinds of noodle type. And toppings are Japanese onion, Nori (seaweed), bean sprouts, Chashues, Menma, Naruto, etc. They are also chosen by the Ramen's taste and the shop's concept. The combinations are infinite, so we can taste a lot of kinds of Ramen.

Recently, new ways to eat Ramen have appeared. For example, Tsukemen that prepare the noodle and the soup separately, Aburasoba that does not have the soup, Mazesoba that is developed from a hint based on a Taiwan Ramen (This is a local ramen in Nagoya, not Taiwan-style ramen. This episode is also funny.), and etc.

And every year new ramens are appearing in Japan. They are also really interesting!

Classic Ramen

One of the most classic ramens in Japan refers to such a simple soy sauce ramen. Such ramen is cheap (Around 500 yen or less) and be provided fast.

Ramens all over Japan

There are characteristic ramens all over Japan. Sapporo Ramen (Miso Ramen with veggies), Kitakata Ramen (Tonkotsu soy sauce ramen), Hakata Ramen (Tonkotsu ramen, Kaedama), Tokushima Ramen (Sweet soy sauce ramen, with raw eggs on top), and more. And there are ramen mania people who eat ramen in various places all over Japan.

Halal & Vegan Ramen
Recently ramen shops that are providing Halal or Vegan Ramen are established in Tokyo and near there. Especially a pescatarian ramen is easy to make because it can be used fish and seafood soup stocks. By the way, this veggie ramen was made by me.

What kind of ramen do you like? What is a unique ramen in your country? Please share it!

I know you guys also love ramen.  @iyudhi, @AngieYC.

日本の皆さんも是非ご当地ラーメンを紹介してください!

Japan
109 comments
Level 8

Delicious ramen(^o^)

This is salt ramen. The ramen noodle restaurant 「Natsubori」 in Kushiro city is very delicious.This is salt ramen. The ramen noodle restaurant 「Natsubori」 in Kushiro city is very delicious.Wonton, sliced loast pork, bamboo shoots, fish cakes, and green onion are on the ramen of soy sauce flavor. The noodles are thin and wrinkled.Wonton, sliced loast pork, bamboo shoots, fish cakes, and green onion are on the ramen of soy sauce flavor. The noodles are thin and wrinkled.It is ramen noodle restaurant "Natsubori" in Kushiro city, Hokkaido, Japan.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Delicious ramen(^o^)

This is so much delicious, @EdoMac. I cannot stop looking at the photos and want to taste this wonderful Ramen dish.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi,@TsekoV

First, let's change your smartphone and PC wallpaper to ramen's image(о´∀`о)

Many people such as Japanese famous actors and TV talents are visiting this ramen restaurant. Inside the restaurant, their message cards are put on the wall. When you visit, please write a message card as a famous local guide(^w^)

Level 6

Oishii..  Ore mo..  Ramen daisuki.. Oishii soo... 

Level 8

Kushiro no rahmen ha

oishidesu(^_^)

Google Moderator

Re: The charm of Ramen

Hey @HiroyukiTakisawa, thank you so much for this post. You bring me back to Japan and now I am really happy. 

My favorite one is Tonkatsu Ramen. One of mine Japanese friend said that there is a secret behind how you eat ramen that can influence its delicious taste. In general, Japanese people slurp the ramen as they eat it. From an outsider's perspective, it can be perceived as a crude act conducted by an ill-mannered individual but in fact, this is the key to the secret behind its tastiness. What do you think about this @HiroyukiTakisawa?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

DSC_0595.JPG

Nice post @HiroyukiTakisawa
It is rare that our Japanese people do not have any photos of Ramen!

Ryu Shanghai in Yamagata Japan

A very deep richness, umami, and spicy soup called "red miso" are really hot in the stomach. Is it possible to concentrate so far as a liquid? Sometimes we wait for more than two hours on holidays.

There are people who stick to the ramen strongly to Japanese. It is exactly an enthusiast.

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Google Moderator

Hello @HiroyukiTakisawa,

Thank you for tagging me and sharing that there are a lot of ramen varieties. For me personally wherever I go to a new ramen place, I always go with the classic Tonkotsu ramen but the one with the thick pork broth, to judge which restaurants have the best ramen. 

This is the ramen that I had in the Singapore airport in Sora Japan Gourmet Hall. The taste is standard in my opinion nothing special, but good in general. 

Caption: A photo of Tonkotsu Ramen - Pork ramen with bamboo shoot and eggs as toppings. (Local Guide @ayodo)Caption: A photo of Tonkotsu Ramen - Pork ramen with bamboo shoot and eggs as toppings. (Local Guide @ayodo)

But my all time favorites still goes to Ichiran Ramen, that I had in Shinjuku, Japan. I even bought the instant ramen version of this one, because I really can get over it and really want to go back to Japan to taste all of the Japanese delicacy. 

Caption: A picture of a bowl of Tonkotsu ramen - Pork ramen with green onions, seaweed and egg on the other bowl. (Local Guide @ayodo)Caption: A picture of a bowl of Tonkotsu ramen - Pork ramen with green onions, seaweed and egg on the other bowl. (Local Guide @ayodo)

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Ivi_Ge

Tonkatsu ramen is interesting! It was my favorite ramen in my youth:-)

I think slurping is not a bad manner for eating ramen. I hope that foreign people understand it as a Japanese culture.

We can enjoy mutual understanding through local food like ramen!