AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

The “World’s Best Restaurants of 2018” were announced. Now, we want to see your list!

Since 2002, the World’s 50 Best Restaurant Academy has annually announced the 50+ best restaurants around the globe. The list is decided by a panel of more than 1,000 international culinary experts from 26 different regions. Their votes are then outsourced to a professional consultancy agency to ensure the results are fair and accurate.

Caption: A photo of coffee and desserts on a table at El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain. (Local Guide Carlomagno Cardenas)Caption: A photo of coffee and desserts on a table at El Celler de Can Roca in Girona, Spain. (Local Guide Carlomagno Cardenas)

This week, the World’s 50 Best Restaurants of 2018 were revealed at an awards ceremony in Bilbao, Spain. The list includes restaurants from 23 countries worldwide. It’s filled with fine dining restaurants most of us can only dream of going to, but it does give us some inspiration for our bucket lists! While we may never get to actually try their dishes, we always love looking at the photos Local Guides have shared on Google Maps.

Below is the list of the top 25.

1. Osteria Francescana; Modena; Italy
El Celler de Can Roca; Girona; Spain
3. Mirazur; Menton, France
4. Eleven Madison Park; New York City
5. Gaggan; Bangkok, Thailand
6. Central; Lima, Peru
7. Maido; Lima, Peru
8. Arpège; Paris, France
9. Mugaritz; San Sebastián, Spain
10. Asador Etxebarri; Axpe, Spain
11. Quintonil; Mexico City, Mexico
12. Blue Hill at Stone Barns; Pocantico Hills, New York
13. Pujol; Mexico City, Mexico
14. Steirereck; Vienna, Austria
15. White Rabbit; Moscow, Russia
16. Piazza Duomo; Alba, Italy
17. Den; Tokyo, Japan
18. Disfrutar; Barcelona, Spain
19. Geranium; Copenhagen, Denmark
20. Attica; Melbourne, Australia
21. Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée; Paris, France
22. Narisawa; Tokyo, Japan
23. Le Calandre; Rubano, Italy
24. Ultraviolet; Shanghai, China
25. Cosme; New York City

You can check out the rest of the list here.

Now, we want to know your list! In the comments below, share a link to a list on Google Maps of your top 10 favorite restaurants. Before you start, check out this guide on making great restaurant lists. We can’t wait to learn more about the places you love!

40 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The “World’s Best Restaurants of 2018” were announced. Now, we want to see your list!

Interesting list. I clicked on a few places, but they're all fancy dining / high end restaurants. Hopefully there will be a similar list for street food / hole in the wall kind of places 🙂

Google Editor

Re: The “World’s Best Restaurants of 2018” were announced. Now, we want to see your list!

@iyudhi That's why we want to see your lists! You could create one on the best street food or hole in the wall restaurants in San Francisco. Would love to see your recommendations — and I'm sure others visiting soon would too!

Connect Moderator

@AriMar Haha yeah I'm working on it. Thinking about doing one for Japan as well 🙂

Google Editor

@iyudhi Yes you definitely should! Please share if you do! 

Level 9

I did created a list few months back of my favourite eateries in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 

But, not sure why I cant find it now 😣

Can someone help looking at my maps profile & share the link, because I'm dead sure that I've set privacy to public 😊

Anyway, thanks for sharing the wonderful information @AriMar & I wish to have food in all those places, though I need to be a private jet holder atleast 😉😎😉

Level 10

Oh! I didn't find resturants of my place within top 50 list. It means I need to make the list myself. 😂 Thank you sso much for the info @AriMar. Soon I will list top hotels in my area on Google map. 🙂

Level 8

@AriMar Suprisingly there is no indian and Chinese food restaurant in list of best 25 restuarant which is popular all over the world

Level 9

Thanks for sharing @AriMar, I will definitely share mine 

Level 10