Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The Tomb of prophet Daniel

The Tomb of Daniel is the traditional burial place of the biblical prophet Daniel. Various locations have been named for the site, but the tomb in Susa, Iran (Persia), is the most widely accepted, it is first mentioned by Benjamin of Tudela, who visited Asia between 1160 and 1163.

Daniel is the hero of the biblical Book of Daniel. A noble Jewish youth of Jerusalem, he is taken into captivity by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon and serves the king and his successors with loyalty and ability until the time of the Persian conqueror Cyrus, all the while remaining true to the God of Israel. The consensus of modern scholars is that Daniel never existed, and the book is a cryptic allusion to the reign of the 2nd century BCE Greek king Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

Six cities claim the Tomb of Daniel, the most famous being that in Susa, in southern Iran, at a site known as Shush-e Daniyal. He is not a prophet in Judaism, but the rabbis reckoned him to be the most distinguished member of the Babylonian diaspora, unsurpassed in piety and good deeds, firm in his adherence to the Law despite being surrounded by enemies who sought his ruin, and in the first few centuries CE they wrote down the many legends that had grown up around his name. The various branches of the Christian church do recognize him as a prophet, and although he is not mentioned in the Quran, Muslim sources describe him as a nabi, a saintly and righteous man.

Source: Wikipedia
Photos: By Me

The Tomb of prophet DanielThe Tomb of prophet Daniel

The Tomb of prophet DanielThe Tomb of prophet Daniel

Best Regards
Rezgar

Khuzestan Province, Shush, امام خمینی، Tomb of Daniel, Iran
4 comments
Level 9

Re: The Tomb of prophet Daniel

Very informative post, thank you dear @Rezgar for sharing

Level 10

Thank you for your attention, my dear friend, @AbdullahAM

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 7

Hi@Rezgar

Yhanks for this beautiful pics and associated information. These are very useful. Best.

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @shantanu-kaizen 

Best Regards
Rezgar