BeatrizAguilar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The Theta V Camera among fruits

I went to the open door market stalls near my house, open only Tuesday mornings, with the purpose of take some pictures of the local farmer's products from the North Santander region and then uploading those photos to Street View. I put the Theta V camera among fresh fruits because I haven't  bought a tripod for my camera yet and I got this 360° photo Spy camera 

Nobody suspected that I was shooting the picture with my smartphone. First I asked the clerk permission and I explained him that the slim camera seems as a stick, wouldn't damage the fruits Tomate de árbol, lulos y curubas

Let me share a screen capture of the photo Tropical fruitsTropical fruits

It feels like a scene of the 80s movie titled: Honey, I shrunk the kids. 

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Theta V Camera among fruits

Hi @BeatrizAguilar.

Thanks for sharing with us the photo. It is indeed a unique perspective. 

The fruits looks really vibrant, can you tell us a bit more about them? I think I can spot some green mango.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

@sonnyNg you saw well. One photo shows mangos and avocatos, as well as banabas and tangerines. In the other pictures we can appreciate tipycal fruits of the area such as "lulos" which have a soft peel with orange color but is green inside; tomato of tree is an exotic red fruit that I haven't tried yet and the fruit with peel yellow is called "curuba" with a pink interior and astring flavor, usualy they make curuba juice with milk anf sugar.

I used edition filters of Google Photos app in both images

Former Google Contributor

I really admire all the details you have put into, @BeatrizAguilar!

It is really essential to learn and to try new fruits. I think I know a little bit of the curuba - which I suspect is a close relative to the passion fruit.

Really interesting that it can be mixed with milk, I can not wait to have a chance to try that!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 9

Curuba looks like passion fruit only in the pulp inside, but the taste of Curuba is so different that, while the passion fruit (here in Colombia is called Maracuyá) is acid and sweet at the same time, the taste of curuba would make your face wrinkle for its astringency.

Thanks for your comment  @sonnyNg There are a lot of fruits to discover in tthe world

Level 9

@davidhyno the original idea was taken from the publication of another local guide: @Stuart_C 

He put the camera among salads 

You can read his post here Ricoh Up and Running

Level 9

Great shot, @BeatrizAguilar I think we've all gone fruit crazy!

Level 9

@Stuart_C thank you! The next time, when there aren't fruits everywhere, I will use the self timer of my camera and I'll run away like you did it 🤣