AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The Local Guide Connect: It is not just contacts; it is all about connections!!! [Yosemite reunion]

On August 28, I saw a message on WhatsApp saying “Arriving Colombo @Anuradha” in the ”That Yosemite THING” WhatsApp group. I was very excited, and I did not expect this sudden message from a friend I met through the Connect.

Recently I read an article, which was sent by my friend, which talks about the difference between contact and connection.

I felt what is meant by the connection when I met  @Badruddeen  yesterday. First, I met him through the Local Guides Connect; then I met him last October(2017) in person during the Local Guides Summit. He was a member of the @SoniaK ’s Yosemite trip(2017), and all of us have a special connection. We may not talk that often, but there is a special bond between all of us.

All these connections were possible due to the Local Guides Connect. This is the beauty of the Local Guides Connect; it will first create the contact, and then it will allow us to convert it into a connection. I wish one day all the Connect members will have the same experience I had, converting a contact to a connection.

Now I like to share the day I spend with Badruddeen. I wanted to take Badruddeen and his kids to the hill country to give them a memorable stay in Sri Lanka and something not available in the Maldives, but due to his other commitments, we could not go there. I was thinking, and I was telling myself, you are a Google Local Guide and you should know a better place to take them.

Suddenly, it came to my mind, a resort at a hilly location which is a one-hour drive from Colombo.

I went to Baththaramulla to pick him, and he was waiting for me. It was nice to see him after eleven months. While we were waiting for his elder son, he started to share his knowledge on Google Maps. Thank you Badruddeen.

I took them to the Nature Lovers Resort in Wagawatta, and they spend the day there, and they enjoyed the visit. I will stop writing how they enjoyed it; I hope the following photos will tell the story.

As soon as he arrived, started to take 360 photos of the resort

Enjoying the view...

Getting ready for the lunch and enjoying the view from the restaurant...

About to start lunch...

Taking the aim...

Enjoying the infinity pool...

We also did two videos for @OSAMA 

@Badruddeen, hope you enjoy the visit and hope to see you soon...

Badurddeen and me in Sri LankaBadurddeen and me in Sri LankaI would like to thank again to the Local Guides Connect for making the contacts between local guides and allowing us to convert these contacts to connections that will last forever.

@YK1001 @TimBull @HeyJoe @RohithaF @AndrasH  Have a look...

The Nature Lovers' Resort, kanumassagala Road, Wagawattha, Sri Lanka
32 comments
Level 10

Re: The Local Guide Connect: It is not just contacts; it is all about connections!!! [Yosemite reuni

Hi @AnuradhaP

Great to know, virtual friendship is converted into real physical friends.

Beautiful photos.

May in future some of us may meet you.

Keep it up.

Vijay Desai.

Level 10

Re: The Local Guide Connect: It is not just contacts; it is all about connections!!! [Yosemite reuni

two legend in a frame 🙂 @AnuradhaP @Badruddeen

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

You are absolutely right @AnuradhaP. Through this communication we changed the meaning of the words. Connection is much more than contact. Nice to see @Badruddeen with you. As @MahabubMunna said, two legends in one photo.

This year I had the opportunity for meeting @TorM, in my city, and @vvbellur in Venice, a few days ago.

The European Meet-up, that will happen in 20 day, will give us the opportunity for another great reunion.

This is one of the extra, hidden benefits of this community: I call it Friendship

Level 9

My heros @AnuradhaP & @Badruddeen together

I love you my friends

🎉🙂🎉🙂🎉

Level 10

@VijayDesai This is what I like about the Connect. It can turn virtual friendships into physical ones...  Hope to meet you too in the future... 

Level 10

@MahabubMunna You make me shy ... 😍

Level 10

@ErmesT Yes, I agree with. This is a hidden benefit...  Nice to hear you are going to meet lots of local guides in 20 days... Have a nice time...

Level 10

@OSAMA Thank you... 

Level 10

@AnuradhaP aiya i am normal mango people just try to follow all legend footprint as like you , @ErmesT @KarenVChin  @IlankovanT and many more guys 

Mahabub Hasan