Vasudeo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

The Guide – Local to Spiritual

Hi and Namaste everybody!

I am cheerful today to precede you with a loving subject of Guiding Others and picking up from it!

I am not going to describe whole story here, simply attempting my best to give looks of it to see how a local guide is vital to the community. Regardless of whether it is tied in with managing on road to help other people or directing in individual life for improvement of an individual or to guiding and aiding in community’s development and prosperity.

“Raju, formerly a tourist guide, has just been released from prison and has taken refuge in an old temple by the river. A peasant takes him for a priest and asks his advice on a domestic problem. By uttering a few platitudes, Raju helps him to find a solution and soon acquires a reputation as a holy man. When a drought comes to the district the peasant turns to him for help, and he reluctantly undertakes a fast to propitiate the rain gods. It is at this point that he confesses that he is an imposter, and recounts to one of his followers the tragi-comedy of his love for Rosie the dancer, and the rise and fall of his fortunes as guide, lover and impresario.”

Cover PhotoCover Photo

Story started from the book “The Guide” story of local guide at that point of time.

The Guide 

1st published in 1958

By R. K. Narayan

Presently what is the co-connection of a neighbourhood manage with this, oh my goodness! what I learned!

Perusing this book was intriguing from the earliest starting point, wonderfully described story is the thing that I felt.

To be straightforward I read this book 2 or 3 months before enlisting myself into Local Guide Program, I think seeds were sowed so unequivocally and progressed toward becoming seedlings quick there in there just, So I am here today 😊 (I read it again before posting this article/ thread)

This book the distance looking at directing individuals such that it will be useful to them as a person as well as for the entire community, independent of gender, cast, appearance or religion.

theguide_6_original.jpg

Voyage of this local guide starts with managing individuals as prestige visitor guide in the little town 'Malgudi' in southern piece of India, as he was notable Guide for his insight about the spots and helping his visitor ordinary till he is going with them.

At that point swings to be a darling guiding his adoration "Rosie" and bringing her up by recognizing, finding, respecting and supporting her ability of moving and taking this long time unidentified rather disregarded ability to the level where entire nation acknowledges it and end up known to everybody, including in daily papers, TVs a total change from a housewife to a prestigious Dancer, well performing artist of the town and the nation.

"Marco", another character a nature sweetheart, explorer, excited about composing reviews, Husband of 'Rosie' in this book he lost his adoration life, his significant other, for his energy of finding and going to verifiable places and assembling as much as data about the place and writing it down, to impart it to others, overlooking everything around.

Later Raju, being a detainee and in the wake of leaving it turning into an otherworldly guide for well bringing of the community, scarifying from various perspectives for the reason and toward the end giving life for the immense reason. On account of his scarification the place a little town, ends up known to entire world.

image source-licencesimage source-licencesThese 2 things are identified with Reviews what we put on Maps   

• Portrayal of the spots - an entire display or Street View empowered by words

“The shade of a tamarind tree across the road. It was an ancient, spreading tree, dense with leaves, amidst which monkeys and birds lived, bred, and chattered incessantly, feeding on the tender leaves and fruits.” (para from the book  “The Guide”)

• Individual discoveries – a Real-time and to the point and definite data/portrayal about the spots.

“The entrance to the cave was beyond a thicket of lantana. A huge door on its rusty hinges stood open. And, of course, all the crumbling brick and plaster was there. It was a cave with a single rock covering its entire roof: why any man should have taken the trouble to build a thing like this in a remote spot was more than I could understand.” (para from the book  “The Guide”)

What's more, third one is about 'Marco' and his enthusiasm towards the spots and voyaging overlooking everything around.

theguide_9_original.jpg

This book reveals to us our identity as Google Local Guide, what's more, that it is so imperative to community, what are our duties towards it and how it will encourage community.

Why one should contribute and help community?

Thus, shortening the story (not mine, nor yours it is ours), I might want to share my emotions as a patron that I am associated with an awesome reason and feel pleased being a Google Local Guide.

Here in this book 'Raju' a Local guide helped and guided the general population around him, at some point for cash, some of the time for his affection 'Rosie' and in conclusion, imposter turns genuine "Swami" for the community, in other way, I would state for half he can possibly imagine he guided to receive something consequently, yet in later part he guided with his spirit for the group and scarified his life.

What are we up to?

theguide_4_original.jpg

Presently, here I am welcoming every one of you to share 'Why are you guiding others? In remarks, lets share with everybody to know and grow more.

A debt of gratitude is in order for understanding, I am certain you adored it.

On a lighter note: I am not advancing anything here (as the book has capacities to advance itself since decades) however I for one suggest you read this book in the event that you find anyplace.

I am sad in the event that I missed anything or else touched anything unwittingly  

Cheers and Happy Guiding 🙂

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
19 comments
Level 7

Re: The Guide – Local to Spiritual

Hello Guys!

Expectation all of you are energized and charged, Please observe on this brilliant story "Not Mine, Nor Yours, It is Ours 🙂

Its a magnificent tale about Local Guide described years back! appreciate perusing :))

On the off chance that you like and appreciate at that point label others too 🙂

Cheers and happy reading!

Vasudeo

I am tagging as could reasonably be expected yet I am sad on the off chance that I missed 🙂

@ErmesT@JaneBurunina@Divyesh000@carriedeps@AkmalB@TorM

@Anonymous, @Masbi@Julien44@HelloSamsonR

Vasudeo
Level 10

Hi @Vasudeo

I just read this heart touching story,and I really can see your emotions, feelings and dedication with local guides program through your words,

I will try my best to get this book as soon as possible,whether online or personally from the book shop,

Yes I agree that it's not a single person's story,it's our story,

Well my answer is for ,why I am guiding is,

I think I am not helping others , actually I am help my own self,some says ,local guides are doing God's work,to helping and navigate peoples to the right place,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us

Have a great time

Level 7

Hey @AkmalB, I am really happy about your words and your response to why I am guiding?

It means a lot to lot, thank you so much for your kind words!

I would appreciate tagging :)) as I can not tag more!

Cheers and Happy Mapping

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

Great post @Vasudeo that was Guide In depth.

Level 7

Hi @Alam_Shaikh , Thanks for your kind words and appreciation!

See you around

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

My dear friend @Gio51x, Thanks for your kind words!

You are correct, we should consider it, despite everything I recollect this splendid Idea of yours to include symbols for the general population with movability issues.

My suggestion is to get the exact, verified and trusted client information of individuals with versatility issues to take a shot at it.

What I mean is we have to know precisely what number of individuals are utilizing these highlights of google maps to explore and to discover availability around the globe. This will empower Google Maps to comprehend the numbers. Additionally, by along these lines the right data will turn out that what troubles they are confronting while at the same time utilizing Google Maps or without utilizing it how they are driving at current state and including the symbols how they will receive advantage in return.

I recall when there was no web or stage to share your experience about anything you by and by have been to, book was the main solid component by then helped numerous from multiple points of view to encounter it, however it was not continuous data.

In my ongoing string I endeavored to put more spotlight on portrayal, depiction or as a LG it is audit for us.

In the book its intriguing story of traveler manage by then, the writer has depicted the entire story in such a delightful dialect, to the point that is on a par with SV, finish display of the place portrayed in such capable way, while perusing the book one can envision he or she is in the real situation or a piece of it. I am certain it will help a large number of us to see how to survey a place with right continuous wordings.

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@Vasudeo 

Dear friend

I think the whole world or almost know Google Maps say even 100%
of this value, as many know Street View as an application of Maps.

The difference is that with Maps you can search for a place, a store, a hotel and much more.
With Street View you can see the place and you can also see how it was and how it progressed over time.

You can see a place in multiple time steps.
Over time a place can be improved or worsened.

I believe that many (I have no idea how many) do not know 100% of the features of Street View. In Italy, for example, there are those who are happy to have been taken over by Google cars and those who see personal privacy in the absence of technology.

Creating icons dedicated to the disabled is an important project that must be carried out, it would be a further technological step to facilitate the lives of the disabled simply with a touch and maybe create touch Braille enabled for the blind who can also use their mobile devices reading information by touching the screen.

Local Guides can start marking these places where there are systems or platforms for the disabled, the Google Mapmaker should create the new category,
this could be a first step.

and the icons are a consequence if Google gives the LG the chance to affix an orange H I think the LG willingly do it. 

many greetings 

GIO'.

Level 7

Hi @Gio51x

I consented to your perspective, here in India the circumstance is bit distinctive according as far as anyone is concerned and understanding.

Taking a gander at current situation here, I firmly trust that instruction and mindfulness is should in the gatherings.

I concur that 100% individuals think about google maps, that is valid, yet my point is individuals with portability issues, as I said in my past string they falter to turn out in the open, a considerable lot of them are uneducated, scarcely dealing with their way of life, even numerous doesn't have cell phone to get to the maps, here I feel mindfulness is should in my nation.

What's more, this should be possible whichever way by making mindfulness or as appropriately specified by you venturing out making a symbol on the maps.

On a lighter note, despite everything I have an inquiry concerning blind individuals, that they can't see photographs, with the assistance of Braille they may read or see, however they can't see it. Thus, the portrayal is similarly imperative I suspect as much, (it can be change over in Braille) rectify me on the off chance that I am off-base

additionally it is a smart thought, that each Google Guide will joyfully add to the reason, I am certain!

A debt of gratitude is in order for the colossal idea!

Cheers and Happy Mapping!

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

@AkmalB

Hey let us give some rest to the Almighty. We are humans and we are in need of each other to have a smooth sail in life. As far as contribution is concerned it gives an immense satisfaction when we are able to help others in the best possible reach.