Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: The Guide – Local to Spiritual

Yeah ,it's nice thoughts too @RashmiM

@RashmiM wrote:

@AkmalB

Hey let us give some rest to the Almighty. We are humans and we are in need of each other to have a smooth sail in life. As far as contribution is concerned it gives and immense satisfaction when we are able to help others in the best possible reach.

Level 9

@Vasudeo

You are fascinating so are your write- ups:)

Level 7

means a lot @RashmiM, thanks for your kind words :))

@RashmiM wrote:

@Vasudeo

You are fascinating so are your write- ups:)

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

@Vasudeo

I have become an ardent fan of yours:):) I don't even follow George Clooney as much I follow you everyday:P

Level 7

He he :)) ,

Please, please don't say like this, @RashmiM, I am not so great! To be honest, what ever I am doing here is a reflection of leanings from LG connect platform only.

In a very short period I become A Author, A Photographer, A Reviewer and so much! which I was never :)))  (I enrolled myself as LG on 22nd Jan this year and reached level 7 and here on Connect I registered on 26 April 2018) .

But your words gave me feelings as if I am in SF :)) seating with George Clooney. :))

Again thanks for your kind words, I am too your fan from now :)) 

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@RashmiM wrote:

@Vasudeo

I have become an ardent fan of yours:):) I don't even follow George Clooney as much I follow you everyday:P

Vasudeo
Level 9

@Vasudeo

Don't ever underestimate your true potential. You have to appreciate yourself first and in return you will will be loaded with plenty of it from others.

You are great with your writings and I guess each one of us are actually taking out precious time from our hectic schedules to make the world a better place.A big pat to all of us!!!

Level 7

@RashmiM wrote:

@Vasudeo

Don't ever underestimate your true potential. You have to appreciate yourself first and in return you will will be loaded with plenty of it from others.

You are great with your writings and I guess each one of us are actually taking out precious time from our hectic schedules to make the world a better place.A big pat to all of us!!!

That's the true inspirational words @RashmiM thanks a ton! 

Let me take this opportunity to introduce you with my other posts, have a look on this and here, you may like it !   :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@Vasudeo

Simply superb.

Cant describe by words.

Thanks for whole story.

@Vasudeo wrote:

Hi and Namaste everybody!

I am cheerful today to precede you with a loving subject of Guiding Others and picking up from it!

I am not going to describe whole story here, simply attempting my best to give looks of it to see how a local guide is vital to the community. Regardless of whether it is tied in with managing on road to help other people or directing in individual life for improvement of an individual or to guiding and aiding in community’s development and prosperity.

“Raju, formerly a tourist guide, has just been released from prison and has taken refuge in an old temple by the river. A peasant takes him for a priest and asks his advice on a domestic problem. By uttering a few platitudes, Raju helps him to find a solution and soon acquires a reputation as a holy man. When a drought comes to the district the peasant turns to him for help, and he reluctantly undertakes a fast to propitiate the rain gods. It is at this point that he confesses that he is an imposter, and recounts to one of his followers the tragi-comedy of his love for Rosie the dancer, and the rise and fall of his fortunes as guide, lover and impresario.”

Cover PhotoCover Photo

Story started from the book “The Guide” story of local guide at that point of time.

The Guide 

1st published in 1958

By R. K. Narayan

Presently what is the co-connection of a neighbourhood manage with this, oh my goodness! what I learned!

Perusing this book was intriguing from the earliest starting point, wonderfully described story is the thing that I felt.

To be straightforward I read this book 2 or 3 months before enlisting myself into Local Guide Program, I think seeds were sowed so unequivocally and progressed toward becoming seedlings quick there in there just, So I am here today 😊 (I read it again before posting this article/ thread)

This book the distance looking at directing individuals such that it will be useful to them as a person as well as for the entire community, independent of gender, cast, appearance or religion.

theguide_6_original.jpg

Voyage of this local guide starts with managing individuals as prestige visitor guide in the little town 'Malgudi' in southern piece of India, as he was notable Guide for his insight about the spots and helping his visitor ordinary till he is going with them.

At that point swings to be a darling guiding his adoration "Rosie" and bringing her up by recognizing, finding, respecting and supporting her ability of moving and taking this long time unidentified rather disregarded ability to the level where entire nation acknowledges it and end up known to everybody, including in daily papers, TVs a total change from a housewife to a prestigious Dancer, well performing artist of the town and the nation.

"Marco", another character a nature sweetheart, explorer, excited about composing reviews, Husband of 'Rosie' in this book he lost his adoration life, his significant other, for his energy of finding and going to verifiable places and assembling as much as data about the place and writing it down, to impart it to others, overlooking everything around.

Later Raju, being a detainee and in the wake of leaving it turning into an otherworldly guide for well bringing of the community, scarifying from various perspectives for the reason and toward the end giving life for the immense reason. On account of his scarification the place a little town, ends up known to entire world.

image source-licencesimage source-licencesThese 2 things are identified with Reviews what we put on Maps   

• Portrayal of the spots - an entire display or Street View empowered by words

“The shade of a tamarind tree across the road. It was an ancient, spreading tree, dense with leaves, amidst which monkeys and birds lived, bred, and chattered incessantly, feeding on the tender leaves and fruits.” (para from the book  “The Guide”)

• Individual discoveries – a Real-time and to the point and definite data/portrayal about the spots.

“The entrance to the cave was beyond a thicket of lantana. A huge door on its rusty hinges stood open. And, of course, all the crumbling brick and plaster was there. It was a cave with a single rock covering its entire roof: why any man should have taken the trouble to build a thing like this in a remote spot was more than I could understand.” (para from the book  “The Guide”)

What's more, third one is about 'Marco' and his enthusiasm towards the spots and voyaging overlooking everything around.

theguide_9_original.jpg

This book reveals to us our identity as Google Local Guide, what's more, that it is so imperative to community, what are our duties towards it and how it will encourage community.

Why one should contribute and help community?

Thus, shortening the story (not mine, nor yours it is ours), I might want to share my emotions as a patron that I am associated with an awesome reason and feel pleased being a Google Local Guide.

Here in this book 'Raju' a Local guide helped and guided the general population around him, at some point for cash, some of the time for his affection 'Rosie' and in conclusion, imposter turns genuine "Swami" for the community, in other way, I would state for half he can possibly imagine he guided to receive something consequently, yet in later part he guided with his spirit for the group and scarified his life.

What are we up to?

theguide_4_original.jpg

Presently, here I am welcoming every one of you to share 'Why are you guiding others? In remarks, lets share with everybody to know and grow more.

A debt of gratitude is in order for understanding, I am certain you adored it.

On a lighter note: I am not advancing anything here (as the book has capacities to advance itself since decades) however I for one suggest you read this book in the event that you find anyplace.

I am sad in the event that I missed anything or else touched anything unwittingly  

Cheers and Happy Guiding 🙂

Vasudeo

BM63
Level 7

Hey @BakulMehta Thanks for your kind words, try getting book, it is really fascinating! 

I read thrice ,😊 you too will fall in love with the write ups!

Thank again 😍👍

Vasudeo
Level 10

@AkmalB

Well said  bro on behalf of all LG's.

Thanks.

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @Vasudeo

I just read this heart touching story,and I really can see your emotions, feelings and dedication with local guides program through your words,

I will try my best to get this book as soon as possible,whether online or personally from the book shop,

Yes I agree that it's not a single person's story,it's our story,

Well my answer is for ,why I am guiding is,

I think I am not helping others , actually I am help my own self,some says ,local guides are doing God's work,to helping and navigate peoples to the right place,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us

Have a great time

BM63