Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Full Cleveland, South Hills to the Flats walking tour

The Full Cleveland Walk

17973497_1692943677666847_8782631239656194618_o.jpg

Saturday 10/20/2018

Beginning at South Hills Hardware ending at Collision Bend Brewery

The Full Cleveland is an all day exploration of parts of the city that most people, even lifelong Clevelanders, never get to experience. Think of it as a nature walk, but with coffee shops and bars along the way!  

This is a great way to spend quality time doing something really interesting with friends, or to meet new people.

We walk all day, but you can join us along the way, and pop out at anytime. Follow on Facebook for regular updates. https://www.facebook.com/events/1849098101809156/

the following are expected route/times for the Full Cleveland all day walk 10/20/2018.  South Hills Hardware, then exploring South Hills, Old Brooklyn, Scranton Road in Tremont, then the Flats. Here is a link to Google Maps with the list of spots.

8:00am Meet at South Hills Hardware at 224 Old Brookpark Road, near the corner of Schaff Road and Tuxedo. Park behind the barn on the east side of the building. Donuts from Jack Frost Donuts available at the cars in the parking lot for anyone who wants to eat.

8:15am

Gather for picture at the front of the hardware store. The owner, Chris Wygonski will be opening the store early for us to walk around.

8:30am

Head West on Schaff Road to Landchester. Turn left then immediate right on Alvin Avenue. Head west on Alvin Avenue to Broadview and head into Metropolitan Coffee

9:00am Metropolitan Coffee---Second collection point for latecomers

9:30am

Lilly Handmade Chocolates. Chef/Owner Amanda Montague will be greeting us.

10:00am South Hills residences

East on Schaff to South Hills Drive, then north to Tampa Avenue left on Tampa to

Ben Franklin Community Garden

10:30

Ben Franklin Community Garden

10:50am

Michaels Bakery, Authentic European Bakery

11:00am Pass by Lucy’s Ethiopian and El Rinconcito Chapin

11:40

Coffee Coffee Coffee/Sixth City Cycles

12 Noon

Buffet Lunch at Lucy’s Ethiopian or individual lunch at El Rinconcito Chapin Guatemalan

Both restaurants are excellent Lucy’s buffet is $15 per person and they have a full bar. El Rinconcito makes guacamole at your table, and has stunning reviews.

1:00pm

Vino Veritas Winery

1:30pm

Old Brooklyn Historical Society

3:00

Old Brooklyn Cheese

3:30pm-  

Riverside Cemetery, Over the Pearl Road Bridge then head up Scranton

4:00

Earth Angels

5:00pm

Head north on Scranton Road

5:30 pm

St. Michaels

6:00pm

Tremont Taphouse/EverArbor

6:30

House Tremont Gallery

7:30pm

Collision Bend Brewery for dinner

What to wear:

We make the walk rain or shine, just dress appropriately for the weather and wear good walking shoes. The weather often changes over the course of the day, so layering is recommended!

I tend to recommend a little backpack in case you want to pick something up along the way. That way you don’t have to carry a shopping bag for miles.

Who can go?

Anyone can go, the later times includes stops at bars, so we tend towards the adult. Bring your friends! This is a great way to reconnect with people, or meet new people. We’ve seen friends converse for the entire 12 hour walk!

How much does it cost?

The walk itself is free, but you are responsible for your own food and drink. Buffet Lunch at Lucy’s Ethiopian Restaurant is $15, but there are other great lunch spots nearby if you want to go another direction.

<REDACTED>

IMG_20160802_105358933_HDR.jpg

Cleveland, OH, USA
5 comments
Google Vendor

Re: The Full Cleveland, South Hills to the Flats walking tour

Hello @FullCleveland,

I've released your post from our spam quarantine. Apologies for any inconvenience caused - our spam filters are sensitive and can be triggered by a myriad of functions. Glad we could help!

You can host your own meet-ups by planning it here.

Also have a look at this post How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up which gives you helpful ideas on the types of activities you can plan and some guidance and tips for helping you organize a successful event for yourself and the Local Guides in your area!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@InaS,

No problem, we had 48 participants, mostly from Facebook. I was just hoping to give some opportunity to Google Local Guides. 

Really my fault for not noticing earlier that it was quarantined. 

Cheers!

Peet

Google Vendor

Hi @FullCleveland,

It is great to know that you were a lot of people, and hope next time more Local Guides will join.

By the way, I have to remind you that your personal information was removed from this post. We do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. Please take a moment to review our community policy and check these useful tips on using this community before posting.

Please revise our Local Guides Program Rules and change your account name as it doesn't fit the guidelines.

As a reminder, Connect is a place to discuss with other Google Maps users who have joined the program of Local Guides. Everyone is welcome here but the forum is not a platform for commercial advertising or self-promotion of any kind.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@FullCleveland I was in Cleveland on this past weekend. Shame I didn't know you guys were doing this. We did tour around ourselves though and visited, Slyman's, Baseball heritage museum, League park, the Christmas Story house and museum, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Lots to see and do in and around Cleveland.

Level 8

@N4speed77,

I found out after the fact that the moderators had quarantined my meet up because I had an email address in it I think. 

But we have them every spring and fall, the next one is April 20th and it will be fantastic! Exploring University Circle, Larchmere, and a few other east side greats!

Cheers, sounds like you had a great time yourself!