Roman_Ahmmed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Christ Statue of Lisbon, Portugal.

The Cristo Rei is one of the most iconic monuments in Lisbon. Crist stands high above the southern banks of the Tejo Estuary, and depicts Christ with arms raised, for blessing the city. Its construction represents Portugal's religious gratitude for avoiding the horrors of the Second War.

Aerial view of the statue of "Cristo Rei"  (Photo captured by myself)Aerial view of the statue of "Cristo Rei" (Photo captured by myself)

Cristo Rei has been an important Portuguese pilgrim destination, and today is a major religious centre for the diocese of Almada, Setubal. Lisbon's Cristo Rei has many similarities to the Christ the Redeemer in Rio, Brazil.

There is a huge size platform for visitors, from there you can see the whole city of Lisbon & suspension bridge Ponte 25 de Abril.

Aerial view of the statue of "Cristo Rei"  (The Photo captured by myself)Aerial view of the statue of "Cristo Rei" (The Photo captured by myself)

The Sanctuary of Christ the King. (Photo captured by myself)The Sanctuary of Christ the King. (Photo captured by myself)

Chapel of Our Lady of Peace. (Photo captured by myself)Chapel of Our Lady of Peace. (Photo captured by myself)

25 de Abril Bridge & Lisbon City from Cristo Rei. (Photo captured by myself)25 de Abril Bridge & Lisbon City from Cristo Rei. (Photo captured by myself)

The Ponte 25 de April, its the largest suspension bridge in Europe and the 20th longest in the world. Often considered as a twin sister of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco because of its similar design. 

Cheers from Lisbon, Portugal 

Google Maps Profile  // Facebook Profile // Instagram Profile 

Almada, Portugal
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The Christ Statue of Lisbon, Portugal.

Beautiful photos of this beautiful place @Roman_Ahmmed.  I have also been here and loved it.  The views are breathtaking and it's a great place to take photos.

Caption: Sanctuary of Christ the King Santuário de Cristo Rei Lisbon (LG: @AdamGT)Caption: Sanctuary of Christ the King Santuário de Cristo Rei Lisbon (LG: @AdamGT)

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
  Star Leaderboards:    * Photos    * Videos   * 360 Spheres
  Star Albums:   * Photos   * Videos   * 360 Spheres   * Stars Discussions
  Join in:      * How to Register    * Register   * Login   * Extensions
Level 8

Hi @AdamGT, yeah this is really beautiful place. If you plan to come again Portugal, please let me know. So then we can catch up for a Tea. Thank you 😊 

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @Roman_Ahmmed, I definitely will.  I have met some lovely Local Guides here on Connect from Portugal and would just love, love, love catching with all my Local Guide friends there.  I have written a few posts about some of my trips to Portugal and here is one recent one that if you haven't already, you might like to read. It's a simple story really, about a street in Lisboa.  In the meantime, I see you visited Copenhagen and caught up with my friend @MortenCopenhagen.  I love hearing about how we Connectors connect and meet up around the world!!!

Stay safe and well

Adam

Leaderboards:  * Points   * Photos   * Videos   * Countries   * Movers & Shakers
Level 8

Thank you brother @AdamGT. You are really great. Yeah, I have a plan to visit Australia and New Zealand. I applied for an Australia’s visitor visa from Singapore in 2015 to watch the ICC Cricket World Cup. But sadly my visa application has been rejected! I've been with Google Local Guide since 2016. Yeah, that was the first time I had met a Google Local Guide. @MortenCopenhagen  is such a great person. I learned a lot of things from him. I will be forever grateful to him. I have been living in Portugal since 2019. But so far unfortunately I have not been able to meet any local guides here! I’m trying to contact madam @Patriciapraca. She is living in Madaria Island, Portugal. I'm hoping to meet her someday soon. Thank you 

Take care & stay safe. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Roman_Ahmmed and sorry to hear about your past problems with your plans to visit Australia and New Zealand maybe another time 😉  Yes you can learn a lot from local guides like @MortenCopenhagen, he gives his best and is always willing to help.  By the way I love Portugal and have been there 3 or 4 times now but sadly didn't meet any local guides there!  Next time 😉

Stay safe and well

Adam

Level 10

Hello! What a beautiful place. And the views to the bridge are amazing!!

Patrícia
https://www.instagram.com/patricia.praca.almeida/