aaryesdee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

The Bull Temple

#letsguide

The Bull ( Nandi) Temple located at Chamundi hill Mysuru is very popular. In Chamundi hill, we can also see Goddess Chanundeswari temple. The Bull (known as Nandi) can be found in every Lord Shiva temple. It's believed that Lord Shiva used Nandi as his transport and he await for his master infront of the temple main entrance.

The Bull temple at Chamundi hill was constructed during the rein of Maharaja of Mysore HH Dodda Devaraya Wadiyar dated back 1650. Therefore the Bull temple is more than 368 years old. This bull statue being carved out from a single stone  and it's size is 16 ft height and 26 ft width. The way towards bull temple from Chamundi temple is very steep. There are more than 1200 steep steps and the visit is not that easy. Therefore, I would suggest Tourists / pilgrims to visit Chamundi temple first and then Nandi Temple. Those who venture visit of Nandi Temple and them Goddess Chamundeswari may have to take several Midway stops.

At Chamundi temple, there are adequate parking, restrooms and food kiosk's.Goddess Chamundeswari Temple at Mysore on Chamundi hills. Picture by LG aaryesdeeGoddess Chamundeswari Temple at Mysore on Chamundi hills. Picture by LG aaryesdee

The Bull (Nandi) at Chamundi hill. Pic by LG aaryesdeeThe Bull (Nandi) at Chamundi hill. Pic by LG aaryesdee

@

R S Dev
Mysuru, Karnataka, India
21 comments
Level 10

Re: The Bull Temple

@TravellerG 

I missed out tagging you.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 10

thank you dear @aaryesdee for tagging me in this post.

Very famous Temple.

How they brought this BULL up to there? A BIG Question.

Also, I feel @KomalMaru may like this post.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Former Google Contributor

Hi @aaryesdee 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Is it your first visit there, It is a very nice place.

What activities can you do around? 

By the way, do you know the working hours of the temple?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Aruni 

Thanks for the visit and comment on Bull Temple.

As far as the time of Temple open for public, it opens early in the morning for regular rituals. But open for public from 8 am. During afternoon hrs, shall remain closed and then again open for public in the evening towards sun set.

There are no other activities within the Chamundi hill, but need to come down to Mysuru for several other activities.

Thanks & Regards

R S Dev

R S Dev
Former Google Contributor

Wow, It is a very nice place. Thank you for your information @aaryesdee 

Have a nice day and don't forget to share your experience here.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Hello @aaryesdee your posts always full of amazing pictures with lots of information.

But you can rotate the first image through 90° i think it'll look more good 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@IshantHP_ig 

Thanks for your visit n comment.

Yeah if it's vertical, it may look good. But it's not possible.Actualy, it's vertical, but after posting, I found it horizontal.

aaryesdee

R S Dev
Level 9
Level 9

Beautiful photos @aaryesdee