Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The Bozeman Coloring Book CONTEST (with prizes!)

Hey guys! I promised a coloring contest sooner or later, and here it is! (Later!) The Summit Alumni suggested I open this contest to the whole community, so have fun!

Backstory: I was fortunate enough to go to Connect Live 2018. I got a little carried away putting together a surprise for my fellow Local Guides - a coloring book. The final result is a 60+ page book that is now for SALE in my hometown in more than 6 locations! The book is comprised of half local businesses and events, and half sporting activities and geographical features - everything in the book I have done myself. Everywhere in the book I have been. There are quotes throughout the book about the pages - all the words of other Local Guides who love my hometown as much as I do.

UPDATED to include my Maps List of The Bozeman Coloring Book Locations! See them for yourself here!

Ralph, looking 10 years younger than his age. Megan, displaying her dental work and manicure.Ralph, looking 10 years younger than his age. Megan, displaying her dental work and manicure..

***CONTEST***

Color a page in The Bozeman Coloring Book book. (Or have your kids, roommate, a stranger on the subway) color a page. I've included one in this post, but if you want to get REALLY into it, there is an image below where you can choose a page and request it (I will send it to you, but posting 64 images in a post is quite excessive.  Post a photo of your finished page in the comments of this post, with a note that it is your contest submission. The submission with the most kudos by Dec. 31 will get a special surprise from me, with local treats from Bozeman, Montana. I will chat with you before I put together your special goody package, since there are dietary & cross-border restrictions which I do not wish to tempt. I do promise huckleberry *something.*

LET THE FUN BEGIN! (and thank you, fellow Local Guides, I have learned to love you all so very much, and you have opened my eyes to a world I didn't even know existed!) #LOCALGUIDES!

The full pages of The Bozeman Coloring Book, tiny and cropped.The full pages of The Bozeman Coloring Book, tiny and cropped.

1.png

Bozeman, MT, USA
26 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Bozeman Coloring Book CONTEST (with prizes!)

Hi @Kwiksatik

This is such a great idea and contest! I hope a lot of Local Guides get into it 🙂 I love coloring myself, it's really relaxing to me. Hopefully we get to see the cool colored photos! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Top Post @Kwiksatik

Connect Moderator

I hope so too Danni! I've seen a few pages so far, and it is really amazing to see how people from different parts of the world would choose to color places I love and have been looking at for 20 years. Every culture has their own way of decorating public spaces, and seeing those palettes applied to my hometown gives me a smile every time I drive past one of the places!

Connect Moderator

What an awesome idea @Kwiksatik and a grand way to introduce people to home town of Bozeman.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Kwiksatik for this wonderful book that has inspired me. I take time off to color the book myself, and I have relearned to be patient and thorough, again, within my mind with the bustle of life. Really helping me cslm my nerves until my niece returns to join me on this project😁

I have colored four pages, the first page didn't come out good because I used a crayon then I had to purchase two packs of coloring pencils. One for me and one for my niece.

Baxter Hotel in Bozeman, MontanaBaxter Hotel in Bozeman, Montana

So here is the colored page I am shaing for this contest.

Level 8

Hi,

It is really thoughtful of you to have come up with this body of works.

I hope local guiders pay attention to experiences like this.

Wish you well in this competition.

Connect Moderator

@Kwiksatik

This is a great way to be engaged.

Send me page 5 and 20 I will make my kids to color it and share with you here..

Kind regards..

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @PaulPavlinovich! Thank you for being so supportive of the artist and myself - you are such a friend on other social media outlets. And THANK YOU for reminding me to get myself back over to Local Guides Connect when I find myself asking questions elsewhere that would be better suited here!