cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Black Card technique

Hi,

a fine way to initiate the photographer inside you is a simple black card.

card 1.jpeg

Please concider this post as a trick to meditate through photography

and a way to find your personall style.

For that reason the directions are not accurate.

Please provide your personal style using any technique.

You will need a cam (or a good friend with a cam).

cam.jpg

A tripod (any size).

tripod.jpeg

A black card (non glossy).

card 2.jpeg

Start with a simple composition (prefer outdoors).

1.jpeg

In this second shot, i cover the sky

using the black card (f16 and 10" seconds exposure).

That way i provide an image with high contrast.

2.jpeg

The second part is creativity.

Using double exposure with your cam or neither use an app (i use google snapseed) to multi expose up to as many times you want, two or more images.In this example i change the white ballance of my image from normal  to tungsten lighting.

3.jpeg

The final image is a result of a multi exposure composition.

4.jpeg

Finally  i made some stains on my lens to thank @TravellerG for his important post and all other usefull information he provides.

I would really like you to share your compositions with me.

Thank you,

Nick

51 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Black Card technique

Wow, what a useful post @Anonymous! Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful tips with the community. I'll try them for sure. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Nice tricks @Anonymous! I use professional and expensive graduated cokin filters to achieve the same result, but this is a smart trick you can always do when you need.

Former Google Contributor

HI @Nick-ATH,

Thanks for sharing with us.

It is great to see Local Guides exchanging tips and to show impressive final products!

The helpful tips from @TravellerG would also helped me a lot in my attempts to create something inspiring.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 10

Thank you dear @sonnyNg, for mentioning me here - your words inspire many of us to contribute more. @Anonymous has given a very simple 'Solution' to avoid using, what we say "ND Filters" - I shall request him, to explain it a little more (for Common people), when his time permits. 

Once agin, I thank you both.

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Wow..dear friend , @Anonymous..!

Simply superb.. as rightly told by our @LucioV, we take a lot of pain to get such type of results (NDFs).. Here is a 'Speedy Route'.! (like our Google Map)...!!

Thank you for sharing, such an important info; hope our @PaulPavlinovich  also will see & appreciate this post - waiting for his valuable comments, too..

Friend, could you guide us with the ISO, you used / preffered, please (for outdoors?)

Really appreciate and expect more posts from you,  to help us all.. (I am really happy, dear friend..).

Dear other LGs, it may look little technical in the beginning, but this is a very useful technique, when you get into Photogaphy, deeply.

All the best to all

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Dear @KlaudiyaG, its worth trying ...

Regs

Level 10

Hi dear friend, @LucioV, we will hope that shortly, some "Apps" will replace all these ... Sony has introduced 'This App' in their, few selected models (but, it is to be bought).

Regs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @LucioV @TravellerG @sonnyNg @davidhyno @KlaudiyaG.

Filter keeper here too.

DSC_3634-02.jpeg 

@LucioV@TravellerG@PaulPavlinovich

Can you please tell me your opinions about Tadashi Nd filter 3.5 inches (88mm) ?