EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

The Best Thing About Being A Local Guide

Personally, the most excellent thing about being a Local Guide is that you become a cosmopolitan.

Here is an opportunity to meet and connect with hundreds,if not thousands, of creative people from different countries and cultures. Interacting with professionals from multiple backgrounds. You could travel around the globe by visualizing photographs and videos, shared on Google Maps or connect, by other LGs from any part of the world.Caption: A compass as seen on the floor of the North Point Lounge venue of the Connect Live welcome receptionCaption: A compass as seen on the floor of the North Point Lounge venue of the Connect Live welcome receptionFrom the aquatic city of Venice to the landforms in Grand Canyon, from Russia to Brazil, From South Africa to Canada; from Australia to India; from Bozeman to Abuja! Such experience evokes a global feeling which one rarely finds outside Local Guides community.

Caption: 151 Local Guides showing some national flags at Connect Live 2018 (Photo: Google)Caption: 151 Local Guides showing some national flags at Connect Live 2018 (Photo: Google)

What could be better than the best? Who could be more proud than a real cosmopolitan LG? This is the best thing about being a Local Guide!

@brittym @ShadySalama @AriMar @MiaMaria @Jesi @SP31 @Specobelle @AlexaAC @ValeriaA_ @MaxNYC

Xoxo

'Emeka

#letsguide #localguidesconnect

Lagos, Nigeria
30 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The Best Thing About Being A Local Guide

You echo my thoughts @EmekaUlor meeting people you already have a connection with through Local Guides is an amazing experience. As we travel around the world we've always got a friend.

Level 7

Excellent reflection and, at the same time, we help establishments to improve the services, evaluating the quality!!! 

Connect Moderator

Of course, @EmekaUlor

Working together for reaching common target, I would like to add, in a worldwide feeling of improvement

Level 8

Totally Agree my friend @EmekaUlor

One of the great benefits of Connect platform is the gathering of same mindset colleagues and friends where they are looking to map the world into the digital format, beside building new relationships around the globe. It's also one of the best outcome of the Connect Live summit, where you will get too many friends from every where, that's definitely should add to your personality and character some how.

For me, I do value the friendships I built here and looking to add more in the coming period!

I will share soon some posts about Egypt with Photos and Videos!

Thanks to bring such a great topic here...

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Level 9

@EmekaUlor you are right 🙂 

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor Yes, it is the best thing! I have ~virtually~ met so many people of places too far away from me, and learned so much about other countries and their cultures through everyone's posts and one on one conversations. Even from my own country, with posts of other provinces I haventh been to yet! It's really great ☺️

Connect Moderator

@ShadySalama looking forward to the posts. Egypt is a great place just like you are.

@MiaMaria thanks. 

@Jesi we can all testify to that. A great experience.

And rightly it's all for a common goal - to make Google Maps a veritable tool for everyone! 

Thank you guys.

Level 10

Your words are very nice @EmekaUlor. Being a local guide is amazing because we are part of a huge worldwide community, working together for a same goal and with the same passion 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @ValeriaA_ , people like you epitomize that passion!