cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

The Ajanta Caves Paintings Story & Travelling Tips

The Ajanta Caves Paintings Story & Travelling Tips:

ajanta-view-point-e1542381802930-768x432

I started my journey from Aurangabad to Ajanta on 15th August morning at 11 AM.M y friends accompany my journey. Ajanta is around 103 km from Aurangabad. It was a great decision taken by me to visit Ajanta caves because the weather during my journey was just awesome. It is most astonishing caves in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra state near in Ajanta village only (8 km) it is UNESCO site.

We went first to see the viewpoint of Ajanta caves. When you will see those caves you will feel like what amazing architecture made by the human. We can see the panoramic view from the viewpoint if travel from Aurangabad. Before the visit to the cave, you must see the viewpoint first of Ajanta caves it is located before Ajanta village.

We catch a sight viewpoint of caves in the hill. Capture some panoramic view moment. It is a great art made by the human. The caves are carved in the mountain by 180 degrees and it is in valley .there are too many mountain rocks and the caves are located at the centre of that valley. horse-shoe shaped caves bend of rock scarp.

We went ahead from viewpoint to go to Ajanta caves crossing the village and Ghat. We entered the parking area and there are enough parking spaces. There is a replica of caves museum but that time it was closed. So we went to the first bus stop to enter the main cave, you can go there by walking if you want some thrills and adventure. We took the government public transportation bus to reach near caves.

We went to the ticket counter to take the tickets. We all were too excited to see this amazing place. We climbed some steps and we saw the beauty of the place. It was such a cool experience for us we saw the valley of that place first Waghora river. It came from the valley that time the water level was very low but the weather was just awesome. what we see there.

History of Ajanta cave:

It has the most beautiful Indian mural paintings these caves were excavated in horseshoe-shaped.

In all 29 caves were hewn out of the living rock in different periods according to a necessity out of these five cave 9,10,19,26 and 29 are ‘Chaityagrihas’  and the rest of the ‘Viharas’.

These divided into two parts out of the 29 caves 6 caves belong to the earliest phase of Buddhism Hinayana.

Caves no 9 and 10 ‘Chaityagriahs’ and 8, 12, 13 and 29 ‘viharas’ belong to these phases these caves are to the pre-Christian era.

During the period of Vakataka could be noticed in caves no 1,2,16 and 17 the style of paintings is the depiction of various Jakataka stories the different incidents associated with the life of Buddha and some events and social life.

Ajanta paintings are the example of tempers technique by using layers of clay, sand, fibrous material of organic origin were applied very carefully.

The colours used for the paintings are kaolin; lead white, red ocher, yellow ocher, shell white.

The caves are recorded by the UNESCO as World Heritage Monuments in the year 1983.

caves no 26 Stupa

best.jpg

This Cave is Chaityagriha it is the beautiful ‘stupa’ I ever saw, we enter the Stupa and see the front of eyes figure of Buddha seated in the ‘pralamba-pada’ Mudra it is most popular cave it is similar to 19 no cell.

The side wall carved some designs and images of Lord Buddha, There has one sleeping Buddha statue it is left the side of the entrance gate of cell it was the last point of our trip experience and us goodbye to Ajanta by seeing this beautiful cave.

Travelling Tips of Ajanta Caves:

1. Start to travel in the early morning if you travel via (Aurangabad) because the caves close at (5.30 pm). There are 29 caves so as per my experience if you reach at 10 to 11 am then you have enough time period to spend and to see each and every aspect of surrounding places. In addition, you will get more time to know the deep history behind caves and information about caves.
  2. Ajanta caves close on Opening and closing time (8:00 AM to 5:30 PM)
  3. Transportation from Aurangabad: MSRTC Volvo bus available from central bus stand of Aurangabad ticket (Rs 695 per person) and much private transportation available to reach.
  4. Parking space for parking is under MTDC. Four wheeler charges (Rs 30) additional ticket amenity charges (Rs 10) per head.
  5. Ticket price for domestic visitors is (Rs 40) and foreigner visitors (Rs 600) per person free entry for children 15 years and below.
  6. Air Conditioned Bus charges from parking to cave (Rs 30) for one side only, and Non AC buses charges (Rs 20) Timing (8:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
  7. No private vehicle allowed inside the premises from parking to caves expects Archaeological Department vehicles have a permit to park.
  8. Carry some food and water bottle along with you. Outside food is allowed here.
  9. Must hire the guide to know in detail ancient history about caves.
  10. Don’t wear shoelace shoes because there is a Lord Buddha statue inside the caves so in every cave you have to remove the shoes before entering into. (As per my experience wear the half shoe sandal easy to remove and wear.)
  11. Available handicapped porter service each person (Rs 400) and Chair Doli charges (Rs 1500)
  12. If you have limited time then at least visit caves no 1, 2, 3, 9, 16, 17, 19 and 26.
Ajanta caves, Maharashtra, India
4 comments
Google Moderator

Re: The Ajanta Caves Paintings Story & Travelling Tips

Hello @travellttude,

Thank you for sharing such great details about the Ajanta Caves, it will be very useful for the other Local Guides. I think not much people know about this place yet, correct me if I'm wrong and just out of curiosity are you a travel blogger?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

@AngieYC thank you so much, mam for appreciating my article.

yes i m travel blogger .

Google Moderator

Hello @travellttude,

That's great, will be looking forward to hear more amazing adventures from you. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

@AngieYC ya Mam definitely I'll try to put my 100% again thanks for the motivation.