kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

The 10 most reviewed places by Local Guides

Caption: A photo of Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida showing a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse with Cinderella’s Castle in the background. (Local Guide Javier Agramunt)Caption: A photo of Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida showing a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse with Cinderella’s Castle in the background. (Local Guide Javier Agramunt)

As Local Guides, you’ve helped so many people all over the world figure out where to go through sharing info, photos, and, of course, reviews on Google Maps. As we embark on a new year of guiding others, here’s a look back at the 10 places on the map with the most Local Guide reviews as of December 2018.

10. Gateway Of India Mumbai (Mumbai, India)

Caption: A photo of the Gateway of India in Mumbai, a large stone archway built in 1924, showing visitors crowded around the monument as well as the waterfront and boats in front it. (Local Guide Akshay Kongle)Caption: A photo of the Gateway of India in Mumbai, a large stone archway built in 1924, showing visitors crowded around the monument as well as the waterfront and boats in front it. (Local Guide Akshay Kongle)

9. Ibirapuera Park (São Paulo, Brazil)

Caption: A photo of Ibirapuera Park, a 158-hectare city park in São Paulo, Brazil, showing the park’s large ponds, many trees, and grassy areas with the city’s skyline in the background. (Local Guide Tiago Simão Ferrarez)Caption: A photo of Ibirapuera Park, a 158-hectare city park in São Paulo, Brazil, showing the park’s large ponds, many trees, and grassy areas with the city’s skyline in the background. (Local Guide Tiago Simão Ferrarez)

8. Louvre Museum (Paris, France)

Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Louvre Museum in Paris, France, showing the beautiful Louvre Palace, fountain, one of the small glass pyramids, and the large glass pyramid well as the ropes designating the entry queue. (Local Guide Hanh Dung Le Vu)Caption: A photo of the exterior of the Louvre Museum in Paris, France, showing the beautiful Louvre Palace, fountain, one of the small glass pyramids, and the large glass pyramid well as the ropes designating the entry queue. (Local Guide Hanh Dung Le Vu)

7. Walt Disney World (Orlando, Florida)

Caption: A photo of Cinderella’s Castle and Disney characters performing in front of it at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. (Local Guide Sebastian Cerrotti)Caption: A photo of Cinderella’s Castle and Disney characters performing in front of it at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. (Local Guide Sebastian Cerrotti)

6. Eiffel Tower (Paris, France)

Caption: A photo of the Eiffel Tower on a cloudy autumn day taken from the opposite bank of the Seine river in Paris, showing the tall wrought-iron lattice structure against the blue sky and white clouds. (Local Guide Sara Cuesta)Caption: A photo of the Eiffel Tower on a cloudy autumn day taken from the opposite bank of the Seine river in Paris, showing the tall wrought-iron lattice structure against the blue sky and white clouds. (Local Guide Sara Cuesta)

5. Central Park (New York City, New York) 

Caption: A photo of Central Park in New York City at sunset, showing the park’s foliage, a pond, and the buildings beyond the park. (Local Guide Benjamin Svobodny)Caption: A photo of Central Park in New York City at sunset, showing the park’s foliage, a pond, and the buildings beyond the park. (Local Guide Benjamin Svobodny)

4. India Gate (New Delhi, India)

Caption: A photo of India Gate, a large stone arch built as a memorial to the British Indian Army  soldiers who lost their lives in World War I and the Third Anglo-Afghan War, in New Delhi. (Local Guide Mohd Shaboddin)Caption: A photo of India Gate, a large stone arch built as a memorial to the British Indian Army soldiers who lost their lives in World War I and the Third Anglo-Afghan War, in New Delhi. (Local Guide Mohd Shaboddin)

3. Colosseum (Rome, Italy)

Caption: A photo of the Colosseum in Rome, showing the outside of the large three-tiered stone amphitheater that was once used for gladiatorial games. (Local Guide Piotr Kasperski)Caption: A photo of the Colosseum in Rome, showing the outside of the large three-tiered stone amphitheater that was once used for gladiatorial games. (Local Guide Piotr Kasperski)

2. Taj Mahal (Agra, India)

Caption: A photo of the Taj Mahal in Agra, India, a white 17th-century, marble mausoleum and mosque with symmetrical gardens. (Local Guide Satish Kumar)Caption: A photo of the Taj Mahal in Agra, India, a white 17th-century, marble mausoleum and mosque with symmetrical gardens. (Local Guide Satish Kumar)

1. Trevi Fountain (Rome, Italy)

Caption: A photo of the Trevi Fountain, a famous Baroque fountain in Rome, showing the intricate stone carvings and statues on the fountain’s facade and the crowds of tourists that surround it. (Local Guide jeff browne)Caption: A photo of the Trevi Fountain, a famous Baroque fountain in Rome, showing the intricate stone carvings and statues on the fountain’s facade and the crowds of tourists that surround it. (Local Guide jeff browne)

How many of these top destinations have you been to? Tell us in the comments below!

42 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The 10 most reviewed places by Local Guides

Nice and interesting post.

I was such lucky to have visit already 4 of this places. Italy and France or Roma and Paris cover so much beautiful.

The Disneyland close to Paris is as well quite nice... I think my CHILDREN will need to go there again 😉

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 9

Thank you very much for wonderful photos @kmajewski!

It is the most famous place in the world.

In my country the most reviewed place is Red Square in Moscow.

Happy New year!

Best wishes for 2019!

Level 10

@kmajewski Thank you very much for the nice photos i was lucky visit 7 places of the 10  

I didn't vist Brazil  taj mahal and India gate in delhiFB_IMG_1546465786333.jpg

FB_IMG_1546465615567.jpg

Louver parisLouver paris

Coliseum  ItalyColiseum Italy

Different angle of  ParisDifferent angle of Paris

Tevere RomeTevere Rome

RomeRome

Ahmed Lotfy
Connect Moderator

Pretty interesting, @kmajewski. Thank you for sharing! 

I have been to two of them, but hope to see (and write reviews 😉) of most of them in my lifetime.

Level 5

Very nice 🙂

Level 9

Wonderful post @kmajewski nice pictures taken by all local guides all over the world,thank you for sharing with us....Gateway of IndiaGateway of India

Taj hotel MumbaiTaj hotel Mumbai

Connect Moderator

El único lugar que tuve oportunidad de visitar de los diez que mencionas @kmajewski, es la Fontana de Trevi, espero poder visitar el resto i en algún momento.

4111B251-3161-4682-8A1A-C2E84BB1C036.jpeg

Farid.

Google Moderator

Thanks for the great post @kmajewski. I love to see the most touristic places once I visit a certain city and then I try to explore and find new ones. Every city has some hidden beauties.

I have been to France and Italy but I haven't visited Brasil, the States and India yet. It's a dream of mine to have a long walk in Central Park and to remember what it's like to be a kid in Walt Disney World.

It's no wonder that Trevi Fountain is the top rated place. The crowd there was unbelievable when I visited Rome a few years back. However, I cannot deny its breathtaking effect on people. It is spectacular.

Caption: A photo of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo showing the crowd in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo showing the crowd in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thanks @kmajewski

For sharing the amazing and mind blowing pictures; all are awesome and unique 🙂

I also want to share some pictures which i have captured during my Delhi and Agra trip i hope everyone will like it.

@MoniDi@FaridTDF@BorrisS

Caption: The adorable view of Taj Mahal, Agra (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam)Caption: The adorable view of Taj Mahal, Agra (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam)

Caption: Taj Mahal Agra, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam)Caption: Taj Mahal Agra, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam)

Caption: India Gate, New Delhi, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).Caption: India Gate, New Delhi, India (Photo by Local Guide Ishant Gautam).

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Greeting from:

Ishant Gautam, LG in Himachal Pradesh.