highonkhana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

“That's one small step for 'a' man”- my journey to connect and mapping the world

Hi, I am Aman Arya, From Delhi, India.

It was long ago, when I wrote my first review on a local app, just to share my wonderful experience at the restaurant, and with time my short reviews turned into detailed information as many people found them accurate and helpful and started following me. Their support encouraged me to put in more efforts and extend my passion even to the outskirts of Delhi.

New Delhi is a huge lively city with numerous old and busy areas where finding a location without the help of local people is a very difficult task. I soon realized that updating locations and adding required information and pictures with the help of Google maps would definitely benefit local people and tourists to explore the hidden treasures within my city. Then I came across Google’s interesting platform to guide people not just by Maps but through Google Guides.

I started my journey on Google Local Guides this year, which has been an addition to my various other platforms for blogging places and mainly restaurants in my city. However, no place could meet the scale of people and their connection supported by great structure of Google.

Introduction to this new community has been an overwhelming experience by connecting with people and sharing so much more than just my reviews and helping people finding great deals in town. It has now been an essential part of my life, not just my passion, as the feeling of satisfaction when my efforts are appreciated and recognized motivate me to constantly contribute to my local community and give back on a global scale.

So, In the end I’d just say for all the people new to the community, for you have already taken your first step, remember it’s not about how much you give, but more about the continuous efforts. And thank all the other guides for the marvelous post to guide me and help me improve.

Cheers 🙂

Delhi, India
2 comments
Level 8

Re: “That's one small step for 'a' man”- my journey to connect and mapping the world

Hallo @highonkhana

Warm Welcome to Official Connect Local Guides Community

Before to start here are some useful information’s

First you can introduce yourself in current July 2018 thread (Each month a new one is started)

If you've a question, before to contribute on Connect maybe a Local Guide already asked and received answers.

• Then think to use Search Fieldto check (in the top right hand corner).
    • You can even use keywordsaccording to your request (As you will type Connect will show you several suggestions linked to words you enter).

Of course as Local Guide you have full access to all forums to share and contribute.

• Always choose the good forum to post in order to get best feedbacks.
    • Give a clear and complete title to your post if you want Local Guides to read it and reply!
    • To be in touch with a Local Guide simply mention him/herusing @+Username in your post in order to warn it -Connect will send her/him a notification- (Typing @ in your post will allow you to see all Local Guides who contributed to your post).
    • Never share personal information’s on Connect (think to use private message if needed).

As Local Guide you can also create a Google+ page to start a Local Guides Community in locality you stay in.

Practice does make perfect

and remember active involvement promotes learning: we learn by doing.

Now you're ready to fly 😉

Regards 

bdmafuz

Level 8

Re: “That's one small step for 'a' man”- my journey to connect and mapping the world

Wow, that's amazing.

Thanks for the information shared.