thusharatom's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Thanksgiving 2018 - California

This Thanksgiving, I was at the West Coast for eight days. It was a fun-filled and relaxing vacation with friends. I love to visit places where people are already staying, which means you get to learn and do more there.

Day-1: Los Angeles - I started the trip in Los Angeles. I had been there once the year before, I was excited to check out the places I had missed previously and to definitely try out some in and out burgers (since I have been seeing a lot about them on YouTube!). The burgers were pretty good and very inexpensive. We also visited the art district where there were these colorful paintings on the walls. They were creative and mesmerizing. Additionally, I got to learn about this artist called Colette Miller who started the Global Angel Wings Project (http://colettemiller.com/angelwings ).

IMG_20181122_160810.jpgIMG_20181122_161633.jpgMVIMG_20181122_161214.jpg

Day-2: Griffith Observatory and the Hollywood Sign - We walked the Hollywood sign hike and watched the sunset from Griffith Observatory. I loved seeing the LA city light up as the sun went down. The walk back was quite dark though, thank god it was a short one.

Los Angeles, CaliforniaLos Angeles, CaliforniaSunset over Los Angeles, CaliforniaSunset over Los Angeles, California

Hollywood Sign, CaliforniaHollywood Sign, California

Day-3: San Diego - and oh my that city! It was absolutely gorgeous. We watched the sunset at La Jolla and got to see the sea lions. In the morning, we walked around Balboa Park. The buildings here date all the way back to 1915 and there are multiple museums in the park. An entire day can be spent within here. 

La Jolla, San DiegoLa Jolla, San DiegoBalboa Park, San DiegoBalboa Park, San DiegoSea Lions, San DiegoSea Lions, San Diego

Day-4: Solvang - this Danish style city was so pretty and beautiful. I will have to write an entire post about it. We spent the day there, tasting Danish cuisine, visiting a mission (19 of the 21 missions across California) and rode a surrey. On the way back from Solvang, we stopped at Santa Barbara to eat some seafood for dinner.

Solvang, CaliforniaSolvang, California

Day-5: Joshua Tree National Park - This was my first visit to a National Park in the United States and I was not disappointed. This park acts as the meeting point of the Mojave desert and Colorado desert. We visited a few spots such as the skull rock, hall of horrors and Keys View. We watched the sunset from the top of Keys View, one of the windiest and coldest spots of the park. Post the sunset, we stayed behind for star gazing, again a first time experience. Away from the lights of the city, you can get a good view of the starlit sky. 

Keys View, Joshua Tree National ParkKeys View, Joshua Tree National Park

Day-6: Warner Bros Studio Tour - We get to see various sets and aspects of the movie-making business. Los Angeles is the city of stars after all. I was very excited to see the famous friend's couch.

Central Perk set, Warner Bros StudiosCentral Perk set, Warner Bros Studios

Overall, a very fun packed trip, where I got to spend time with my closest friends and visit a lot of new places. California being so huge. I believe there will be a trip back there next Thanksgiving too.

California, USA
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving 2018 - California

Hi @thusharatom

I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @thusharatom

I'm sure Thanksgiving in California is a pretty cool experience? What did you like the most? What do people eat for Thanksgiving except turkeys? We don't celebrate this in Europe, but I think it's a great tradition to gather with your family and be grateful. And I love pumpkin desserts! 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hi @@DanniS

I personally do not celebrate Thanksgiving but I have eaten at Thanksgiving dinners. They have lots of dishes for Thanksgiving here. One thing in common I notice is that most dishes are sweet. I normally use the vacations to travel around. 😊.