TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments

@anjalig wrote:

I am very much disappointed with the results. I don’t wanna go ahead. At least, they should invite from all the levels. Seriously, I don’t know if I should go ahead or not.

Please do not get disappointed with the results as it has been being reiterated that " thousands applied only 150 can be selected" and that it does not mean other LG's are not good enough in their performances... there is a restriction for the administrators to narrow down to 150 considering some special factors favouring them to qualify for selection. 
Do you think your pleasure is finished just on attending the Connect Meet ? Nay, there are so many soul satisfying activities in Google Map activities. Please find pleasure in it. While traveling non stop in the direction of creativity without expecting a reciprocation, someday you will reach such a stage that the world  will surely honour you for your performance ... and so will Google Maps Administration.

"Do your duty, but do not concern yourself with the results"    "Do not let the reward be the purpose of your actions...." - Bhagavad Gita.

So, please do the duty of your choice - the result will be just around the corner some day in some form or other!

Keep cherishing for it.

All the best.

Dhanasekaran M

Dhanasekaran

Hello 

@brittym

GOOGLE MODERATOR 

Request to send reply email of my application which was submitted as per Google invition on 27th April 2018 as per Privacy Policy.Madam I submitted successfully my application as per the link provided. As per privacy policy I must get reply email. I wrote to Google administrator to verify it. Till date no reply email received how far is it justifiable . 

I am Google Local Guide and  Host of Visakhpatnam City of Destiny :INDIA -[Recap]  World Wide Photo Walk Meet Up - Album 25th February 2018 and Contributed videos ,28 photos as Jayalakshmi rao. s . I am also an active member of Local Guids  , Local Guides connect, Google Local Guides West Begal, Google Local Guides I INDIA and Google Local Guides World very active member and also other local guides Community groups at global level. 

I  organised as a host by spending my alone during any event as selfless host  ofGoogle : Visakhapatnam .you know Madam how expensive to host a programme at Visakhpatnam . When I am doing selfless service to Google .is it your privacy policy says just not to send reply email. 

As a Local Guide a simple question who sent me invitation email - YOU COULD JOIN THIS YEAR EVENT IN CALIFORNIA I would like to know the details. I will discuss this matter with Google CEO. 

This is for your information I Didn't beg Google to invite me but Google sent invitation email to join in the event. 

I am  Publisher, Writer, Facebook Editor and also work in TV live on Google Local Guide World and NDTV. 

Please do not think that in the name of Google your Connect Live2018 created a choas among local guides . Please tell me is it your privacy policy says send invitation to Local Guides and defame them. Many women local Guides India and world I received it will be discussed with CEO Google. Please first be transparent by declaring selected Local Guides by a link so that local guides can know their status of applications whether submitted or selected or rejected or not selected. 

Please forward it to CEO Google for further discussion. If any one temper in my case I have to inform. Why Google sends this type invitation and defames Local Guides for thier services. In India we never defame by sending invitation .

Hope to send reply email as per invitation email. 

Please sort out at your level the list of Sumbitted application and Date of results List of Selected attendees link to join in Connect live 2018 

Hope and request be transparent in Declaration of results as per announcement of Connect Live 2018. Please don't underestimate ladies as Local Guides. 

Regards 

Jayalakshmi rao. s

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Host of Visakhpatnam City of Destiny :

INDIA 

HI

this is me Hany El Nady. . I want to  apply for this great event...

Connect live 2018..

I'm very eager to do it 

Really I'm  sure i can add a value to the event.. I'm a civil engineer... and proud to be local guide... By the way  it only took me 2 weeks  to  the  level 5 and  1200 point.... I know how to play. .... Reminder.... Civil engineer on board... It is taken... From.. Civilization... I believe... Civil engineer.... Is the civilization itself... Little  bias... Why not... We deserve to be the best of the best. . 

Good luck to you all.. Eng_hany_elnady_egypt

Level 8

The last day to submit the application was April 2018.

So what you can do now?

Keep Contributing to the gmaps, and try next time...

Support my Idea
Love to contribute
Level 9

Hi @Eng_hany_elnady_eg

Welcome to the Local Guides Community...

I am sorry to say the deadline has already passed. And the results for being selected has already finalised by Google Connect...Better luck next time...

But, before you apply for next year, i would like to draw your kind attention that...

The selection is made on the base of your contribution to the Google Map for the past 12 months, so this is the good time to start your continued and consistent contribution for the rest of the months...

This is not a game, so only points alone are not important. I suggest you to go through the posts of this forum and strengthen the foundation for your being selected next year...

Best wishes

Regards

Hitesh

Level 6

Lovely sharing my friend @Rezgar. Keep contribution.

All the best !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S   I am not a moderator but I ask the following question

Did you submit a video? Do you have a link to your video submission that you included in your application? 

I am just curious if you finalized with all the objectives met. 

Kind regards, 

Amy 

Amy

Hello 

@AmyinYucatanMX

YES  i submitted one minute video with my application successfully as per the link. 

I received invitation email : YOU COULD JOIN IN THIS YEAR GREAT EVENT IN CALIFORNIA and I submitted as per the link of Connect Live 2018 my application with one minute video on 27th April 2018  and successfully uploaded and  - Youtube link and G+ my video is still there as an applicant of Connect live. I have US visa for ten years as a writer and publisher visit US to join Conference 

I am not only active local Guide but also Host of Visakhapatnam City of Destiny : India and [Recap: World Wide Photo Walk Meet Up  --Album -Jayalakshmi rao. s 

Contributed 28 photos and videos. on 25th February 2018. 

Many local guides asked me the question madam when we will get reply email from Google . I am dedicated to my work why do they send invitation and defame local guides. We did not beg Google even for T-shirt for local guides even though they are eligible. What Google admin thinks that I don't know but one thing is clear the matter will be brought to the notice of CEO Google .

In India we invite by sending invitation but never defame a person after sending invitation. 

As a Host of Visapatnam I spent lot of money to organise Google events it is a matter of prestige as Host. I didn't beg Google till date.

Since Google invited so I applied as per the link successfully submitted my application with one minute video on 27th April 2018 to join in connect live at San Francisco, CALIFORNIA . Till date no reply email. Hope at least they should announce the List of 150 selectednames of Local Guides link on 20th June 2018. All local Guides can see the status of their application. Just a list since it is a global platform of Local Guideshops and press release should be the as per the announcement of Connect Live results on 20th June 2018 by Google. 

Thanks 

Jayalakshmi rao. s 

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide

Level 7

Host of Visakhapatnam City of Destiny :India 

Member of Google Local Guides World and Google Local Guides l INDIA AND WEST BENGAL AND ALSO MEMBER OF Google local Guides Bangladesh and other countries. 

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S   "why do they send invitation and defame local guides"  

I am not sure I understand how you are using this word? I have seen it stated in more than one post? Could you please elaborate or define what you mean by defame - and how do you feel that sending an invitation to participate in this contest is an action to "defame" 

Thanks 

Amy
Level 10

Thank you for your attention my dear friend @THOKCHOM

Best Regards
Rezgar

Hello 

@AmyinYucatanMX

Did you see the list of selected 150 local Guides  declared with names and country wise on 20th April 2018 as per announcement of Connect Live 2018 link to be published at least at Connect live. And List of Submitted applications name wise and country wise in any Selection Board so that a clear picture as local guides one can get. There is absolutely no need to discuss further .Till date Local guides did not get their reply email as per the discussion of Local guides community groups at global level..so it is the  basic right of local Guides to know about declaration of results .here all confidential. As per terms and conditions nothing was observed. I was reall feel when Google local guides World ask  certain questions why results are kept secret till date that it self shows how much transparent the selection is .in Connect Live 2018. They deliberately delete the information and give the answer Your application is not submitted successfully .they just play with the emotions of Local guides as a host I really felt so I have to bring to the notice of CEO Google.  

Be open and transparent in Selecting Local Guides in a List. Once it is announced no one can question about it. Yes I saw the list of 150 Local guides .  Waiting for reply from Google. 

Jayalakshmi rao. s

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Hoist of Visakhapatnam City of Destiny India 

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S  no sorry I saw no such declaration of Google about that or from the announcement. I have also received the application opportunity. Please show actual proof that there was a declaration that all 150 names would be published as I would not allow my name to be published if I had been accepted. You do not know my formal name and I would not allow that private information to be shared in such a manner. 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/connectlive?link_loc=cta  google application rules.png

Amy
Level 7

Among 151 selected local guides or from outside, have they already attamted US visa and approved yet? If any guide knows please answer. Thanks.  SD

Level 8

Many thoughts are running through my mind as I've been reading and following this thread for the past few days... I've always wanted to response but I thought... I've done so already and I couldn't have said it better...

So here goes... it's in the quote below. 

@mdmkoo wrote:

@brittym wrote:

@Hitesh_68 Applicants were selected based on various criteria as was shared on the event site and here on Connect. There was something special about every applicant. Narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program! It's great how far you've come in a short time.

Frankly, I'm really impressed and thankful that Google is doing this. I received the email to apply when I was at level 5, and I was ecstatic. I didn't know about any summit or GLC before the email. This ignorance has helped me to contribute happily with only one purpose: to share information that I know with others. I only joined this forum recently so I know my chances were slim as Google's looking at contribution through the entire year. So I just continue to contribute and share with my initial purpose. 

No one owes anyone a trip to anywhere. It is wonderful for Google provide a platform for us to share, and even more awesome that Google is paying for a team of LGs to fly to SF for LGC Live! Treat it as a bonus, not an expectation. Be thankful if you are selected, but not resentful when not. Google doesn't owe any of us a trip, or any explanations.

Just keep on contributing and sharing, with the first purpose you had when you started. Don't forget that you just want to share, that's why you are here. Be grateful that Google provides us with a free platform to share and to know one another here. None of this excitement among all of us here would ever happen if Google didn't. 

Cheers 🙂

Cheers everyone! Have a great day ahead and be at peace. 🙂

Level 9

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

I think Sundar Pichai has other business to handle as well 🙂 All the grievances will be handled by the board selected for the job. 

Level 9

Great @mdmkoo

That should be the spirit of everyone. Nice words & well said.

Let the concerned community members understand the reality and feel apologize themselves to self being.

Regards

Level 8

According to my observations:

• Fellow LGs with Level 5 or above are Invited to apply for Connect Live
  • For LGs submitted an application without issues, will got a confirmation email
  • For those with the confirmation email, will got a result email whether selected or not selected.

For those do not got the result email, likely also not getting the confirmation email.  That means the application is not complete.

I have been invited to apply for Google Hosted LG events 5 times, I can see the flow of invitation to apply, confirmation of application, delivery of results and release of details at each stage is consistent.

For any events, there is always a capacity limit, thus not possible to accommodate all of those applied.  And for those cannot make it, it is understandable that we feel disappointed.

The most important thing of applying, is to learn from the experience and make us a stronger LGs.

After a reasonable time ( I will say two weeks), we can look back clamly, to see what we can do better when doing it again.

Going over this review process will make us more ready for the next coming events.

That is the reason why I always encourage LGs to apply without considering the chance of being selected.  If not this time, next time we will come closer.

I sincerely hope that we can provide our constructive feedbacks.  I am sure collectively, we can make the wholee application process even better.

Level 8

Hi @mdmkoo

I thank you for written and shared a briefing that contains my feelings about all the LG, LG Summit and also about add informations on Maps.

Yours,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 7

Hi @RashmiM,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a selected Board to look into grievances? I didn't know about it. Plz throw some more light on this, if it's O.k. 

It will be helpful to all LGs, who have any grievance. We will also come to know the Solution. 

Kind regards,

Shiva

@RashmiM wrote:

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

I think Sundar Pichai has other business to handle as well 🙂 All the grievances will be handled by the board selected for the job. 

Level 8

Hello everybody

On the last weeks many reflections, questions, opinions and requests were made after the selection (and not) of 151 luck names that will be part of Local Guides's Summit 2018.

In fact will not be possible to Google or anyone to attend the expectations from everybody, including all of us, that add informations on Google Maps.

For sure all of us, also, lovely to be selected, but unfortunatly we were not.

Moderators have already informed that the selection were very difficult because the high level of qualified from many that had apliyed to the event.

Besides, it was also mentioned that they used criterias for the final selection but some informations could not be published for security and private reasons, what looks like me very right and reasonable.

So, we have the option to trust or not on Google's Moderators. For sure I trust in them. 

Indeed, It is time to thank all of them for be patient and very polite with us.

Sincerely,

Ricardo

Level 8

Hi @Rcostaval I got a mail from Google they told me that you are not selected. I take this mail as a inspection, I should do more better from now for next year's. Hope one day I will be one of them. 

Level 6

Hello I get local guides only that I did not get notification of anything and really only I expected a response outside if a no response and very good to continue participating.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Rcostaval,

Thank you for your post. I will move your topic to the official discussion we have here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 9

Very nicely said dear @Rcostaval

it was very tough to hear "you didn't".

But the main thing is, if any one has gone through the 5 Core Values, pointed by Google Administration Team, everyone would have made themselves ready to accept the decision for NO. It is the matter of common sense to assume that, how many applied & how many to be selected? I can uderstand one's own confidence for declaring eligible, but how can we underestimate or deny the betterment of other's.???

For understanding these core values, we need some by born qualities and maturity. Everything can not be learned / teached. Some fundamental qualities are there naturally in every human being.

With lack of these qualities, no one can perform a role of leader or manager.. Some of our fellow friends who don't understand such a minor things and exploring their internal exposure. Working at higher post or Leading the Mega Events are not so much important, but how you did, with what attitude, that is important. A good person will never mention themselves as an expert, will always be calm, down to the earth and filled of lots of positivity.

Anyway, i liked to share these core value eternal talks to you due to got very good words from you..

Happy Contributing...

Regards

Hitesh

Hello 

@RashmiM

Thanks for your information 

Please send the link so that it will be of great help for finding solution .

Jaalakshmi rao. s 

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Host of Visakhapatnam City of Destiny 

Level 9

Well done sir @Hitesh_68. I really appreciate your response to this issue which is coming from no way continusly.

Level 8

I thank all of you for so nice words written. For sure, we are day after day getting progress as being a member of this profitable space that's Local Guides Connect.

Yours,

Ricardo

Level 9

@Rcostaval

I agree with you and there is no point dragging it any further that's what I feel.

Level 9

@Hitesh_68

I am impressed with each and every word you have jotted down. One more added in my fan base:)

Level 7

Hi everyone! 

May I have your consideration please ?

We as a whole know there is parcels and heaps of dialog is continuing forever here on this splendid string, the super string. 

Have you taken note? 

1. It has crossed 300 pages? 
  2. Has 3019 replies? 
  3. Got 376 Kudos?   

All astounding, right? 3 parameters and incredibly in each parameter there is one regular thing and that is "Mysterious 3" its and all these depend on "Brilliant 5".

Presently, you may ponder from where the 5 had entered what does it intends to the community? What is the co connection in the middle?

Is it true that you are mindful what's occurring near, on the opposite side?

Oh my goodness, An excellent discussion had a spot and an extraordinary test had begun! you will discover this 3 and 5 in that! can't trust it? Let all of us think that its at this moment!

I challenge you,are you in? I am certain you are! 🙂

I trust I am endeavoring to put the things consistently and sensibly, with a genuine plan to expedite satisfaction and grins the characteristics of entire community, I am sad in the occasion on the off chance that I missed anything! 🙂

Cheers

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

Thanks for your kind complement madam @RashmiM

Have a great time..

Regards

Hitesh

Hello @0001SD,

I do not understand why you need this information? Do you need any tips or suggestions?

I am moving your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

Amazing contribution my friend @Vasudeo. Welcome again to  the Connect live community. This time too, we are looking for some outstanding contribution as a source of knowledge for the community.

Wish you all the best !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 7

Hello @THOKCHOM

Thanks for your kind words, I was busy preparing Challenge for us! 

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 6

I still didn't receive any message about my status.

Would you please update me?

Thanks

@LirLir - If you did not receive an acceptance or rejection email by June 20th, it means your application was not submitted successfully. That said, please be sure to check the spam and/or promotions folders in your email's inbox. 

Level 6

Amazing contribution my friend @Vasudeo. Welcome again to  the Connect live community. This time too, we are looking for some outstanding contribution as a source of knowledge for the community.

Wish you all the best !

Level 6

Effectively, I did not receive an acceptance or rejection email before June 20, it means that your request was not sent successfully.  😞 😞 :,(

Level 9

@Vasudeo

Wow was not aware that you are a poet too:)

Level 9

@NareshDarji

Congratulations to all of you 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @RashmiM

@RashmiM wrote:

@NareshDarji

Congratulations to all of you 🙂

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

Congratulation....

Level 8

Thank you for your support Mrs. @RashmiM

See you further,

Ricardo

Level 8

That's the pointe Mr. @bdmafuz

All of us should understant that our time will come, indeed, not only about be selected for future's Local Guides Summit, but for all events in our lives.

See you further,

Ricardo

Level 7

@Hitesh_68

Is nice to read this interesting reflection

I liked the part of the natural qualities

Thanks! 🙂

Level 7

@Hitesh_68

Very sweet! Thank you very much! 🙂

I´m sure it will be like this!

Level 9

Hi Alana @Alana74

Thanks a lot for sweet response...

By liking this post(thoughts), I am feeling that you possess this naturality and qualities, by default in your self.

Nice to hear from you.. will be in touch

Regards

Level 7

HI @RashmiM Thanks for mentioning!

Just developed it in the storm, didn't found any other good way to tell everyone a single line "Be Happy and Keep Smiling"  🙂

Thanks again for your kind words! 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@PatQQ wrote:

Still can't believe that I got selected!
Can't wait to see you all there~

and good luck to those who still awaits for their status.

Congrats everyone! See you soon !!

Congratulations @PatQQ and welcome to Connect! 🙂

Level 6

Welcome and nice conversation @LucioV. Keep sharing.

All the best my friend @LucioV !

Regards

Thokchom DS