TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

I received it yesterday. I was sad for  a second 🙂 , but I already forgot it. 0-02-05-875e07a51c83882c46a2e509f83a2c823dc1bd6d914021b29a91992b1a57fe19_d7e88822.jpg

My happiness is big, because I enjoy other LG contributions in G maps,  my contribution as  well. I know how important it is and how useful it is.

So .. forgot points and benefits, lets help each other and make the world a better place /as Michael Jackson sings / 🙂

and ... Congrats to the winners!

See you next year 🙂

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Level 8

Hi dear, How many Local Guides from Bangladesh are selected for upcoming LG Connect Summit 2018? Please raise your hand. Moshtak Ahammed, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Level 10
Former Google Contributor

Hi @BorislavA,

We are very happy to see your optimism! Your positive attitude and dedication are highly appreciated! Keep it up! We are looking forward to your application for the next year's event.

Поздрави!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @moshtak786,

We had thousands of applicants representing more than 100 countries. We did not reserve space at Connect Live for specific countries, but rather considered every applicant based on the complete application submitted.

I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Thanks @GeorgesHR,it's my pleasure to help google to improve our service.This is the only way that I can help into our modern society by contributing.Fact that I am just being active this recent 4months and able to qualify to submit an application this year.This would be my startups how I plan my trip and capture everything and share to the googGo maps.My regrets is that I never realized contributing in the organization before I start signing and joining Google.

Hello @pradeeppal,

We had thousands of applicants representing more than 100 countries. We did not reserve space at Connect Live for specific countries, but rather considered every applicant based on the complete application submitted.

I will move your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

@NareshDarji I appreciate you would like to help other Local Guides, but please avoid sharing names of the selected attendees. Local Guides can share if they were accepted or not if they wish.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

It's already a pleasure to be able to apply! Shall try again next year!!It's already a pleasure to be able to apply! Shall try again next year!!

Level 8

Oooohhhh...

And congrats to all selected participants!! Please have a fun and enriching time!! 🎉🎉🎉

Level 7

Hi (any of the Moderators),

Sorry to bother you at this last moment. 

I know U all are too busy and winding up the Selection process.

U have done a great job of selecting the best 151 LGs and informed them too. Surprisingly, i didn't get neither "you are in" nor "you are not selected " message so far. If any of you could send my authentic status, i will have normal breath! Or should i wait for the last minute Surprise from you? Hope you can very well understand my curiosity and kind enough to reply. 

Thanks for all the painstaking selection work you have almost completed.

Kind regards,

Shiva

Level 8
Level 8

@mdmkoo wrote:

Oooohhhh...

And congrats to all selected participants!! Please have a fun and enriching time!! 🎉🎉🎉

I agree 👍👍👍

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Only Ten?!?!?! Guys! Seriously, you should apply more to Local Guides program! 😄

Lucio, from where? 😀

Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Only Ten?!?!?! Guys! Seriously, you should apply more to Local Guides program! 😄

Lucio, from where? 😀

From India! 😄 The original topic was merged, so my reply has no sense 🙂

Level 8

Ok. @LucioV

Thank you. Are you in for #ConnectLive2018? 

Level 10
Level 8

Then come to Maldives @LucioV

I thought you would make it this time. Don't worry, we try to hit on the list next year. 👍😀 

Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

I thought you would make it this time. Don't worry, we try to hit on the list next year. 👍😀 

Maybe 🙂 I don't know what to do more to demonstrate my addiction to LG program, anyway you know I don't contribute just to be selected to the summit 🙂

I will never stop contribute and help here in connect 🙂

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

@Badruddeen wrote:

Maybe 🙂 I don't know what to do more to demonstrate my addiction to LG program, anyway you know I don't contribute just to be selected to the summit 🙂

Exactly.

Level 9

That's the right spirit dear @BorislavA

Liked your Write-up. No one we can find, who denying to be there at Live Connect 2018..But, eligibility criteria should also be seen..If much eligible candidate is there, we have to withdraw ourself from competition. Don't to Give up & Don't to Deprive off, both are so important in the valuable practical life.

I conclude with the inspiring lines of the American poet Robert Frost

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep

But I have promises to keep

And miles to go before I sleep

And miles to go before I sleep.."

Have a Great Time ahead Dears

Hitesh Patel,

Vadodara, India

Hello @bdmafuz,

Thanks for reaching out.

Everyone who submitted their Connect Live application will receive an email in due time.

I will move your post here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Level 9

Thanks pal

Level 6

Hi @TraciC,

I am Pair from Taipei, Taiwan.

I noticed lots of participants received the email and got the results these days,

but I don't receive any mail for informing me results.

I'd like to make sure this, looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time,

Pair

Hi guys,

I think results for LG summit 2018 are going to be out in few hours.

All the best for everyone, hoping my name would be on selected candidates.

Are you feeling excited about it...

Level 8

LG SUMMITLG SUMMIT

Hello,

I have applied for connect live this year.

But i didn't got any response neighter of selected or rejected 

Anyone have any idea ?

Level 10

The result was already out @prudhvishaganti. Please check your inbox. 

@BishowvijayaP I didn't get any email.

I checked my spam box also.

Can you help me how can I know whether I have been selected or nor?

Thank you.

Level 8

Hi @shravanmantri92 i think @ErmesT can give you the right answer .

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

@Badruddeen wrote:

Me too 🙂

Level 8

Hi @Pair,

Please check:

1.  If you have the confirmation email for your application, subject: Thanks for applying to join Connect Live!

2.  If you have the "You made the Cut" email, subject:  Thousands applied—and you made the cut

3.  If you have the "Thank you for applying" email, subject: You didn't get into Connect Live this year

If you do not have 1/., that might indicate your application is not received at all.  Then you will not got any of 2/. nor 3/. 

Please search in your SPAM folder and Archive folder carefully.

Good luck!

@SHIVA-KASHI Hi there! Thanks for applying. Try checking your spam and promotions folders. @YK1001 also just replied in this thread with specific subjects you can search for 😊

Level 6

I didn't make the cut, but congrats to all those who got selected, go there and represent is all.

Level 9

Hi @shravanmantri92:

The selected attendees already received their invitation emails and everyone else has received emails indicating that they were not chosen.

You can read about this in the post here. I'll be merging your post over as well to keep the conversation together. Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

Ref.Submitted Connect Live 2018 application and waiting for reply email. 

I have submitted Connect Live 2018 application with vedio on 27th April 2018 to join in Connect Live 2018 at San Francisco , California. I did not receive reply email on 20th June 2018. Please do the needful what is the Status of my application. Anticipating your favour and necessary action please.

Jayalakshmi rao. s 

Local Guide 

Level 7

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Level 7

Thank you SYK will be on top of things for the next year have a great trip........contribute for me.....

Level 7

Hi @brittym,

Tnx a lot. Will check. 

Have a great event! 

Regards,

Shiva

Level 7

Hi @YK1001,

Tnx a lot. 

I think something jinxed somewhere.

Will search .....

Regards,

Shiva

Level 7

Is the selected applicant notified by email .?

Level 9

Hello @khalildz34

Nice to see you here, yes by emile.. Where have you been.

All the selected applicants are notified also unselected

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 9

Best wishes My Dear friend @XanderO

I, on behalf of our widely spread GLGs Community, Congratulating you for achievement up to this mark. Our best wishes to you and all rest of 151 GLGs, for entertaining to this great event.

Thanks for inspiring us to work up to the mark.

Have a Great time there..

NOTHING IS UNFAIR..NOTHING IS SAD..

Hitesh Patel

Vadodara, India

Level 5

Dear my Frend

Saya salut dan bangga sama kamu begitu gigih meningkatkan komunitas local guide guna menjalin tali persaudaraan antar negara 

Level 9

Congrats to all 151 selected applicants. Wish you would have a nice trip and great event. To those who are not selected (like me :-)), let's keep contributing and look forward to next year event.

Level 9

Thanks @Cao-Nguyen

Hope you will made it next year

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

Hi @TraciC @Atsukot @GeorgesHR @brittym

can you please tell me which sector should I focus for selection. Google Maps, LG Connect or Other???.  It will be very helpful for next year. I want to preparation from now. Thanks. 

Connect Moderator

@bdmafuz The selection criteria can be found from the Connect Live page. Here's a snippet from the FAQ. I highlighted the most important parts.

What is your selection criteria?

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5+ during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

• The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Each Local Guide must submit at least one post on Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

• We’ll also be looking for:

• High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being an active Connect contributor, meet-up host and Connect moderator

• The ability to understand and speak English

Level 9

@bdmafuz

Hi Dear,

Contribution to Google Map is the main focus of area.. Connect LIVE is the BONUS or REWARD from Google to say thanks to deserved ones & to motivate the rest of GLGs for dreaming such events.

You have works a lot till now..But still continue your efforts to make Google Map filled with realistic information by correcting wrong informations, adding unidentified places & providing missing informations to Google Map, for your local or visited areas. Please don't run after points only. Points will automatically increase by your work. If you don't know, don't answer, just leave it for others but don't guess and provide any information. It will be good if you visit personally that place.

Keep in touch with community.. Ask what you face the difficulties to seniors and answer what you know to your fellows.

Just do it...I am sure you will be inn next year.

Connect Moderator

Hola @bdmafuz, una sugerencia, céntrate en todos y en ninguno, ya que todos son importantes, pero no lo tienes que tomar como un objetivo tipo trabajo, tienes que sentirlo  como una diversión, sentir placer el hacer lo que haces como publicar en Google Maps, las fotos de negocios, tus comentarios tienen que ser sentidos, tampoco es necesario que publiques cada centímetro cuadrado de las paredes de un negocio, con dos o tres alcanza, los comentarios son importantes ya que marcan que lo visitaste y si superan los 200 caracteres mejor 👍😀, Connect es importante es la otra pata de la mesa de los Local Guides, participa, ayuda a tus compañeros con sus dudas, recorre los tableros, todos los tableros, lee que le preocupa a ellos y si puedes ayúdalos, cuenta tus experiencias según el tema de tus post, comparte una foto relacionada con el post no muchas ya que hay un limite de fotos 1000, se un Local Guide pro activo, organiza Meet-Up, júntate en la vida real con otros Local Guides y luego cuéntanos de esas grandes experiencias, poder por sobre todas las cosas diviértete 😉 que el espìtitu de un Local Guides es alegre 🙂, curioso 👀, generoso 🤲 con los demás, solidario con todos.

Sumate siempre a los post con contenido de calidad, opina que piensas de el, exprésate que todos desearan leerte, tampoco es necesario que marques o taguees 📣🔊 a todos en Connect, el contenido de calidad siempre prevalece y flota sobre el mar de saludos y felicitaciones mutuas. Usa tus redes sociales para compartir lo que escribas y publiques en Connect, si estas en una Comunidad Local Guides, lleva los post que realices aqui, a esa comunidad, realiza Videos contando los recorridos y publícalos en Connect.

simplemente, se tu mismo, participa, y diviértete 😀🍀

Ya quiero leer tus nuevos post.

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 8

Hi @FaridTDF @iyudhi @Hitesh_68 thanks for your advice.

Level 9

Hi @TraciC

It's 21st June here in India but I still didn't recive mail regarding connect live .When do I get my status or my application has not been viewed,ple please give the clarification.

Peace,

Shravan