TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 9

Hi @kirtigoyal9@mukeshmeena@AmbrishVarshney:

As per the update on this post, the selected attendees have been informed. Keep your eyes on Connect here for future events and updates!

Keep contributing and be ready for the next event.

I'll be merging your post to keep all of the discussion for Connect Live together, thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Sorry to hear, but great energy @sushmithaariga! Don't be too hard on yourself, thousands had applied as the email indicated!

Stay involved and keep your eyes on Connect here for future events. 

I'll be merging your post to the existing mega thread for Connect Live to keep the discussion together!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@sushmithaariga wrote:

Hello everyone... a few months back, I woke up to an opportunity & today I woke to lose it. Anyway, All the best for the lucky 150 people who made it. Make this opportunity be a positive growth in this platform. I still wish I was the 151st one who luckily got through it lol 😄 Thank you Google!

Good luck for next year's event.

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @TraciC

Looking forward meeting you. 

Level 8

Good point @BishowvijayaP

Good luck for next year's event.

Cheers

Level 9

@sushmithaariga

Don't worry 2019 is not that far off:) Stay tuned for next year's summit and keep on doing the great work.

Connect Moderator

@RashmiM

That's the positivity everyone should have 

👍🏼

Level 7

I got the same disappointing email while most of my contributions till Level 5 were made during last 12 months but i hope there should be more deserving people from Pakistan who are selected for Connect Live. 

My Video had 0 Views until today which means no one bothered even viewing the video. If anyone is selected from Pakistan please let me know.

Level 9

@imwaqas, we have @OmerAli Selected from Pakistan 

Level 7

Congratulations @OmerAli 

Connect Moderator

We are 10 local guides are selected for Connect live 2018 from India @pradeeppal .

1. Prof. Arun C Mehta - Delhi
2. Naresh Darji - Gandhinagar, Gujarat
3. Miss Himanshi S - Bangalore
4. Miss Vandana B - Bangalore
5. Fazeel Usmani - Hyderabad
6. Salmaan Nawaaz - Velore, Tamil Nadu
7. Priyanka Upadhyay - Gujarat
8. Sanjay Viswanath - Malappuram, Kerala
9. Kaushik - Delhi
10. Daniel - Hyderabad

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Congrats! Have an amazing time. 

Level 7

Thank you so much ☺

Connect Moderator

@AslamMo

Thanks for tagging me. Yes, this year Google gave a slot to 3 Local guides from pakistan

Connect Moderator

Thanks @imwaqas

appreciate that

Level 9

wow @OmerAli, I met Hashim last year, three is great news! 

Connect Moderator

@HashimN is a great fellow. We havn't met in person yet but he is a great inspiration. 

Level 7

@JeanRV thanks alot ☺☺

Connect Moderator

@sushmithaariga

Sorry to hear that. 

But, don't give up and keep up the good work. 2019 is yours 🙂

Level 7

@OmerAli @AslamMo congratulation, i m happy for you

Connect Moderator

@HitsD

Thank you very much , I really appreciate that. I still cannot believe that I made it 🙂

Level 8

C'mon guys, there was no attendees from my country for years and my level was not high enough to apply for event till last year. Last year when I prepared to apply for LG17, unpredictable things happened to me which lead to the result I missed the chance to apply...
I'm so depressed but that's reason to give up or feeling down to Local guide on Google map. I told to myself that maybe guides in my country not as good as others worldwide and my luck not come yet. So I keep trying my best to help others on Google Map as usual no matter my country or I can go to LG submit or not. And that become my biggest motivation to apply for Live Connect this year

So, the point here is not to give up and dont quit even not being selected, the very first reason we joined the community was to help each, events just like rewards 😄 

Level 10

Hello @راضي

Thank you also for your kind inspirInspiral words that motivate me and all Google Maps Local Guides members. 

Connect Live Congratulations!

I am so happy for you getting the opportunity to be there and a part of the sensational Connect Live 2018 experience! 

Congratulations Connect Live 2018 attendees.Congratulations Connect Live 2018 attendees.

Connect Live 2018 attendees. Cheers!Connect Live 2018 attendees. Cheers!

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 10

Hello @Hitesh_68

Thank you so much for all your excellent kind wonderful inspiring words. 

It is so true that everyone involved in Google Maps Local Guides Connect are filled with happiness in all we do here and motivated by the opportunity to be a part of this fantastic community. And how by doing so we are able to assist our own Local Community. 

As well as having the chance to meet and learn from so many excellent , fun , delightful , humble, honourable community minded people from all around the world. And form life long Friendships to treasure always with members, Moderators. The work done by the Googlers in, always, as you say "working dedicatedly, consistently and very hardly to make it better and best" 

To true we all are very thankful to all  "GLGs for taking part and sharing their views, expertise and experiences on this platform".

It is an exceptional extraordinary connection and outstanding experience,  that is a world wide family we are all so thankful for.  Thanks again. 

With kind regards

@Justine2807

@Hitesh_68 wrote:

Thanks for nice write-up @Justine2807

Thanks @TraciC for the opportunity given to all of us

Ya..It's true that we were not connected to Google Local Guide Community for just being selected at Summit 2018 only. The criteria for being inn was(is & Will) to be connected with global local guides, Moderators & Google Map Team, for exploring the missing and newly developed places. And this is only because people nowadays are helpless or handicapped without Google Maps in unknown places. A very big thanks to Google for providing such a nice platform. Offering to be a part of this platform or community, motivates all GLGs for working dedicatedly, consistently and very hardly to make it better and best.

Thanks again to all my GLGs for taking part and sharing your views, expertise and experiences on this platform.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON...🌹👍

Level 8

how many people are goes for lg summit 2018

Connect Moderator

@JeanRV, thanks for taking the time in providing your perspectives to @bhasibahuleyan

I need to correct you in one aspect. @iyudhi was invited and attended the past two previous Summits (Both Summit 16 and Summit 17).  I should know because I attended both myself.  Ivan is wearing the yellow frog hat (top row, 4th person). Connect Moderators (@paulpavlinovich @karenvchin @csaba @iyudhi @ermest @IlankovanT take on and conquer #LGSummit17 PhotoboothConnect Moderators (@paulpavlinovich @karenvchin @csaba @iyudhi @ermest @IlankovanT take on and conquer #LGSummit17 Photobooth

Cheers,

Karen

@JeanRV wrote:

Dear @bhasibahuleyan

You seem to have a curious mind, it is a great quality, I don't know why you are interested in these numbers but I can provide you some information as I attended to last year event LGSummit17. This is not official Google information, just public data or what I recall from the top of my mind.

There were exactly 150 Local Guides not working for Google at LGSummit17, 158 Local Guides have the LG  Summit 17 badge 

158 LGSummit17 attendees.GIF

because somme Googler got the badge. 

Some connect moderators did not attend to LGSummit 17, for example @iyudhi has the LGSummit16 badge but no the 17 one

The list of connect moderators is in the post Meet the Connect Moderators by @TraciC, so it is easy  to make statistics on their badges.

From my viewpoint any connect moderator deserve to attend to Local Guides events, they are very helpful.

Hope this helps

Level 8

Best of luck if you are able to flying California...

i also applied but did not get chance if you also applied please comment.

Connect Moderator

@neyamul786,

151 Local Guides from around the globe was selected this year's Local Guides Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco this October.  This the first year the  Summit event is now called Connect Live. Read more details here.  I am going move your post to the mega Thank You for Applying to Connect Live thread.

Cheers,

Karen

@neyamul786 wrote:

how many people are goes for lg summit 2018

Level 8

Congratulate and kudos to @OmerAli and all others selected from Pakistan. I have tried but couldn't make it, hopefully next time :). For all those who are not selected should continue there local guide experience and help others find useful and relevant accurate information on Google Maps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good.

Goodluck friend.

Greeting from Timor Leste.

Level 9

@Justine2807

First of all many many congratulations for being a part of Live Connect 2018, for the efforts you made to reach at these historical moments, for being an idol to inspire us for being eligible as a Senior Member & for the quality of your nature by being so cool and keeping yourself at down to the earth.

I can understand that you would be very happy to be part of this summit & should be. Earlier, before one month, when i seen the statistical data stating numbers of LGs, Level wise, i prepared mentally for rejection to the list of this Summit and kept myself away from competing to so many senior LGs like you @Justine2807. I set a Goal to work hard for next year to be right eligible candidate. When so many Level 5, 6 or 7 LGs were posting their eagerness and expecting to be selected, i was laughing at them internally and was telling myself, for not to be like them. As far as the selection is concerned "for myself", there was not any deadline or waiting period for results. I had already declared my as NonSelected.

Anyway, i am very happy to be connected by this Global Community. Will learn much from leaders and friends like you.

Best wishes once again and expecting being live via chat or mail knowing about your progression, participation and enjoying moments in future.

Have a great time ahead

Connect Moderator

@Sshrikant,

Thank you for your well wishes to those 151 Local Guides who have been invited to Connect Live 2018 in San Francisco this October.  I am sorry to read you did not receive an invite. 

I am moving your post over to the mega Thank You for Applying to Connect Live thread so that you can meet with fellow Local Guides chatting about this topic.

Cheers,

Karen

@Sshrikant wrote:

Best of luck if you are able to flying California...

i also applied but did not get chance if you also applied please comment.

Level 10

Hello @Badruddeen

How are you doing and how's the Maldives today? That's a place I really want to visit later this year or next year :)))) What's your advise?

Thanks,

Alexander

I'm crazy.

June 20th

Level 7

The time gone .

Now this is the time to congratulate LG Summit 2018 attendees.

Level 10

All the best to all participating LGs selected for the 2018 Connect Live event. Please do make it rewarding for your good selves and above all for the numerous interests of all LGs we are representing, here on Connect and all over the world. We all have a primary responsibility to transform this opportunity to a positive growth for this Connect platform. Remember, to whom much is given, much is required (not expected).

For the thousands who didn’t make the cut, don’t worry, be happy. Keep it positive anda keep a positive mental attitude towards the future of Connect. Being a LG is a selfless volunteering service to humanity. If you’ve got this mindset, you wouldn’t renege on your commitment to improve Maps and help billions of people who are using Maps everyday around the world. There are lots of opportunities all around us and here on Connect, so you just have to keep your eyes here on Connect for future events and updates. Think like this, quitters never win and winners never quit. It could be you next year but if you quit now, you’d never have that opportunity to participate next year. Connect is not just about the selected 151, it's about all of us here and everywhere around the world. That's the Connect spirit. See you around Connect.

Level 8

@XanderO wrote:

Hello @Badruddeen

How are you doing and how's the Maldives today? That's a place I really want to visit later this year or next year :)))) What's your advise?

Thanks,

Alexander

Perfect day here in the Maldives. There are several places to stay and several activities you can decide. We can discuss that and I can give you recommendations. 

Cheers

Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

@XanderO wrote:

Hello @Badruddeen

Thanks,

Alexander

Perfect day here in the Maldives. There are several places to stay and several activities you can decide. We can discuss that and I can give you recommendations. 

Cheers

Great, many thanks @Badruddeen Please share with me via pm or something, those places and activities bearing in mind that I'd be balling on a budget 🙂

Level 8

Of course @XanderO

It doesn't cost you the earth. 🙂

There are budget options. 🙂

Cheers

Level 10

yeah @Vasudeo, from now I will check the direction of strom and won't fly a kite in adverse situation. 😂

@Vasudeo wrote:

I hope it gave you the strong power to deafet any storm throughout life, god bless! @BishowvijayaP

Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

Of course @XanderO

It doesn't cost you the earth. 🙂

There are budget options. 🙂

Cheers

Lolz, for this trip I'd prefer the budget options my friend 🙂 @Badruddeen

Level 10

Thanks @XanderO and all other LGs for the Best Wishes.

Level 8

Well-said, Sir @XanderO. 😊👌Couldn't agree more! All of us will have our time...that PERFECT time. Might not be this year, or next year, or the year after next....but certainly it will come! 🤗😉 What we've started, let's continue....and strive a little bit MORE to make a difference! Positivity wins all the time! 👼💯

Congratulations to all those who've been selected. For those who didn't make it, cheer up! More opportunities await you/us! Keep the faith! ❤✔💯

Level 10

@carriedeps wrote:

Well-said, Sir @XanderO. 😊👌Couldn't agree more! All of us will have our time...that PERFECT time. Might not be this year, or next year, or the year after next....but certainly it will come! 🤗😉 What we've started, let's continue....and strive a little bit MORE to make a difference! Positivity wins all the time! 👼💯

Congratulations to all those who've been selected. For those who didn't make it, cheer up! More opportunities await you/us! Keep the faith! ❤✔💯

Yes @carriedeps you're such on point, yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. The win or lose decision is ours to make and I advise all here to elect to win.

My Dream for all my child "June 20, 2018". Today is the day that makes me bowed in shame at the world around me the most beautiful dream I missed. The dream could never come back for me. Oh, let me momentarily shed my tears. Breaking and crushing one of my greatest dreams. Today, I DIDN'T GET INTO Connect Live Summit 2018. Thanks to the selection team.

Level 7

Hahaha @BishowvijayaP good inspiration bro 🙂

Here is poem for all of us 🙂 hope you will love it !

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

yeah @Vasudeo, from now I will check the direction of strom and won't fly a kite in adverse situation. 😂

@Vasudeo wrote:

I hope it gave you the strong power to deafet any storm throughout life, god bless! @BishowvijayaP

Vasudeo
Connect Moderator

Hi @Andi_Agussalim_AJ better luck next year mate. I'll move this to the main CL post to keep Connect Tidy.

Thank you to Moderator, @PaulPavlinovich.

That is one of the best solution.

I will always be faithful to miss this beautiful dream for the next year. hopefully my dream becomes a very meaningful reality for my life.

Tks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I Also Applied but last night i received mail . thanks for applying but u are not selected .

but no problem we can create our own group here and enjoy .

i am local guide at level 7 and live in New Delhi 

Level 8

@NareshDarji, Congratulations to all of you selected this big event. Wish you best of luck.