TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 7

Can a mod please merge the mushrooming threads regarding not being selected for LG Connect 2018.

I understand and am in the same boat but come on peeps, can we have a sticky rant thread please?

😛😛😛😛😕😜😜😀😀😂

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

@FuvadShah wrote:

@Badruddeen

I think Egypt will beat Russia this time..

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hello Local Guides.

Since I got my NO email I am going to watch Russia vs Egypt for now.

See you soon. 🙂

Looks like Egypt not going to Connect Live 2018 this year. Russia is in  😂😂😂😂😂

@FirozeB that happen bcs selection lgs are 151 but rejected 1000's

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

@HitsD don't be disheart dear. Wish you best of luck for you and for all who are not selected this year. Never loose the hope. And try your best.

Kashif

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

@Golam don't lose the hope brother. I wish you and the thousands of great contributor of Google map best of luck for next year. 

Just keep contributing your best for humanity and world. I hope you will have best reward.

Thanks 

Kashif 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

But lucky to be a Local Guide.

What does not kill you makes you stronger!

@Ricardo17 yes this year we are not in my best wishes for next year

Level 9

@Ram791: I would be wondering as well but this is the publicly available criteria. Hard to say what other interesting stories or contributions others may have. Thank you for all of your contributions! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

I would like to congratulate all those who were selected for this amazing event this year for me I did not have the chance of being selected . Proud local guide level 7.

Level 8

Hi @Daniabeach wish you for next year. keep contributing bro.

Level 9

Hi @AmbrishVarshney @FirozeB:

We're all working hard on merging the threads. With that said, I'll be merging this one over to the mega thread about connect live as well! Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

@bhasibahuleyan Local Guides Summit (which is now called Connect Live) is a Local Guides event, and the Local Guides program itself was only established 1-2 years before that (can't remember the exact date), after evolving from the City Expert program. It has nothing to do with when Google was established. That's about the only explanation, really.

You can keep asking, but the answer will stays the same. Google will not release any details regarding the information you've been asking.

Level 7

Thank you brother  ,wish you good luck as well . 

Level 7

A huge congratulation to all those that were selected to this year Summit!

Level 8

Finally i got a mail from Google . They told me

"You didn't get into Connect Live this year"

i am very happy at-list they informed me before expire date. 😜 This mail help me to do more. I will try my best for next year. Because i want to meet world best Local Guides. 

@TraciC@Badruddeen @OSAMA @Shirley @iyudhi @ErmesT Thanks.

Level 9

I hope @bdmafuz

I hope you will be in next year, iam invited 

Cheer

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

Insha Allah @راضي thanks for wish.

Level 10

Dear @bhasibahuleyan

You seem to have a curious mind, it is a great quality, I don't know why you are interested in these numbers but I can provide you some information as I attended to last year event LGSummit17. This is not official Google information, just public data or what I recall from the top of my mind.

There were exactly 150 Local Guides not working for Google at LGSummit17, 158 Local Guides have the LG  Summit 17 badge 

158 LGSummit17 attendees.GIF

because somme Googler got the badge. 

Some connect moderators did not attend to LGSummit 17. In her reply to this post, @KarenVChin provide a picture of the moderators who attended to LGSummit17. When I first wrote this post, I incorrectly stated that  @iyudhi did not attend to LGSummit17 because I did not remember meeting him at the event, I also quickly checked his badges to confirm that he did not attend to the summit. But my checking was wrong. My mistake is an opportunity for me to think about the display order of the badges, it is not a big subject but I like to understand my mistakes. I am sorry for this mistake.

The list of connect moderators is in the post Meet the Connect Moderators by @TraciC, so it is easy  to make statistics on their badges.

From my viewpoint any connect moderator deserve to attend to Local Guides events, they are very helpful.

Hope this helps

Level 9

Hi @Hardik_VyAS:

Great positive energy! Yes, keep contributing and prepare yourself for the next event! 🙂

I'm going to merge your thread with the existing one to keep the board clean.

Its frustrating because you didnt even see my application video, how you choose it carefully? LOL, i really want to know who invited in iraq becauae in iraq there is no two or three preson who make contribution in very accurate way and (i think nobody invited in iraq) not just rating rating rating and say in review "good place" this how they get reward points. As mentioned before in anither post the most frustrating program i evee participated, i really don't know how iam not invited because iam in iraq or somethong else? Because its been 8 or 9 years iam contributing in google maps and see my contributions how they were accurate and informative.

Hope a good event and enjoy by others who got the invitation.

Level 7

Syk  the creative  artist was sick for a period of time and didn't get a chance to submit my application I wonder if Google  makes an accepting for circumstances. ..for syk the creative artist is loyal to local google guide an is heartbroken. I await your anticipated  attention. Thanking you in advance.

Level 6

Hi @Shirley ,

Yes you can merge its ok. We dont work for reward . Our purpose is to help. 🙂 

Level 10

@OmerAli

Yes, it is. 

Level 7

Important Lines everyone pay your attention:

"Have couple of beers, ohh my dear, ohh my dear" 🍻🍻

One more: 😀

Cheers on cheers, ohh my dear, ohh my dear"  🥂🥂🥂🥂

Cheers guys ,

Vasudeo

@Vasudeo wrote:

Hello everybody!

I dedicate this poem for all of us!😊😊

The wait is over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You are not in for this year,
ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You will be in next year for sure, for sure , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👏👏

Keep on Contributing over and over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! ☺️☺️

The storm is over, another is near, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👍👍

Put your next gear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 💪

Go next level near and clear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 🌍🌍

Selected are also our near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

Selectors are even more near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

I wish Good Luck to all without any fear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!😍😍

Love you all! 💐💐

I invite all of you to build on this Local Guides Poem if you love to 👍👍

My initiative for the year: I will start giving reviews in My national as well as native languages that is "Hindi and Marathi"

• See you around Mapping"

Vasudeo
Level 7

Ohh my dear ! @BakulMehta 

Thank you so much buddy.. 😊😊

@BakulMehta wrote:

@Vasudeo

Ohh. My dear. Oh my dear.

Lovely poem.

Heart touching for all LG's.

@Vasudeo wrote:

Hello everybody!

I dedicate this poem for all of us!😊😊

The wait is over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You are not in for this year,
ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You will be in next year for sure, for sure , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👏👏

Keep on Contributing over and over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! ☺️☺️

The storm is over, another is near, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👍👍

Put your next gear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 💪

Go next level near and clear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 🌍🌍

Selected are also our near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

Selectors are even more near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

I wish Good Luck to all without any fear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!😍😍

Love you all! 💐💐

I invite all of you to build on this Local Guides Poem if you love to 👍👍

My initiative for the year: I will start giving reviews in My national as well as native languages that is "Hindi and Marathi"

• See you around Mapping"

Vasudeo
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Syk7. Applications closed on April 30th per the FAQ on our application site, as well as info posted to Local Guides' social media channels and  this Connect Live announcement. We have extended 151 invitations and we're unable to consider any additional applications. However, stay tuned to Connect, as well as our Facebook and Twitter accounts, so that you never miss an announcement. 

Former Google Contributor

@Jwtiyar-Nariman We won't be releasing a list of our attendees as Google respects the privacy of all of its users. However, several were selected from various countries in the Middle East. Overall, we had thousands of applicants representing more than 100 countries. We did not reserve space at Connect Live for specific countries, but rather considered every applicant based on the complete application submitted.

@brittym wrote:

@Jwtiyar-Nariman We won't be releasing a list of our attendees as Google respects the privacy of all of its users. However, several were selected from various countries in the Middle East. Overall, we had thousands of applicants representing more than 100 countries. We did not reserve space at Connect Live for specific countries, but rather considered every applicant based on the complete application submitted.

So this is not fair and you are not protecting my rights, i have done every requirments . If you dont see it, so it explain alot that you dont care about your volunteers just select some and go. The realease of their name is not privacy concern just want to know who invited in iraq.

Level 5

Congratulations to the choosed local guides! And for the rest of us, lets keep contributing!

Cheers 

Level 9

Thanks @ivicirillo

Cheer

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

I am not good to be chosen.

I will never give up.

Go go!

Level 9

Great man @EddieH

Keep going, same me last yers I said to my self never give up and I made it this year .

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦💪 

Level 10

Hi everyone!

Good morning from Sydney! Lots of wonderful posts to read and exciting events to be a part of and share everywhere. Thanks again to all Google Maps Local Guides members all around the world. 

Many thanks to all Googlers who help us all in so many ways. And also to all our caring, kind Connect moderators too. We are lucky to Connect with you all. Thank you for being you. 

Lots of Local businesses to review and support with Google Maps. Without Google Maps I am lost!! Plus all the wonderful things they do for all businesses, every size, everywhere.

That is why I am a Local Guide to assist in being a great part of our Local community. I  am a Local Guide to help others, learn from others and be a part of this excellent community.

I am rewarded every day. I am very thankful for all I get all the time by being a member of Google Maps Local Guides Connect.

Congratulations again to all the fantabulous wonderful genuine Google Maps Local Guides Connect members selected to go to San Francisco.

Congratulations to all Google Maps Local Guides Connect members everywhere. Everyone of you all are so amazing wonderful people who do so well and work so smart also every day. You are appreciated and your work is valuable.We all are so lucky to live where we live and be a part of our community. Being able to share that on Google Maps AND Local Guides Connect is a reward in itself! Thanks again to all involved.  Shine on.

There are so so many many extraordinary GMLGC members to choose from. It is not that anyone  is not good enough. All members are awesome!  it is just that there has to be a limit for this event.

Every year always a new chance to get the extra experience as well. Everyday is amazing experiences and connections. 

Everyday, every year, all the time, we are all so lucky to have been given this fabulous opportunity to be a member of this excellent community here in Google Maps Local Guides Connect.

.We know that the Connect Live event is for all of us because all who attend share their experiences there, and the knowledge they learn is used to make everything more exciting and fun for us all. In that we can also be grateful. Thanks again and continued Congratulations to all attendees. We are so happy for you. 

We make our own happiness in all we do. Google Maps Local Guides Connect makes that easier to do .

It is so much fun being aapart of this with all of you. In our travels we all know now we can connect with spectacular people we have met here. Enjoying all the top Google Maps places they have reviewed is something we all aspire to do.  I it is meant to be it will be. And finding the best in everything makes it be, all the time anyway.

it is something to appreciate in every day's experiences for all involved.  Please never be deterred from your always wonderful Contributions all and everyone here, what you do is remarkable. 

What you all  do makes a huge difference in helping Local Businesses and Tourism in your community. When you do it for that reason, you know you are doing the right thing.

Being able to connect with so many incredible people World wide who are also so caring and helpful, community minded citizens is an always outstanding, fun, interesting thing to do! Enjoy!! 👏👏👏👏👏😘😁😘🖖💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜🖤💟💞❣️Many thanks @TraciC and all the Google Maps Local Guides Connect teams everywhere

Level 9

Thanks @Justine2807

Thank you so much for your kind words.about localguides and community you are a part of us working as a team to achieve the same goal. 

Yours sincerely, 

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 7

Thanks fot sharing such a nice opportunity @TraciC.

I woukd like to make a point here, when I start contributing I wasn't aware of such events.  The driving force was helping people and contributing to explore more places. .. 

I have explored amazing local guides and communities on my path which is a great thing having like minded friends.. so I have a message for all those who are requesting @traci for methods to delete account.. . Plz be loyal to yourself.... and give yourself a better reason to quit.. . Being a localguide is a lot bigger thing. .. 

#wedontquit #wernotlossers #proudlocalguide

Peace and Love
Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

Yes @XanderO

If you want something  you must try and try  untill you succeed. 😀👍

Yes o brother, most people don't have this kind of mindset. Thanks for sharing this @Badruddeen

Level 7

Completely agree with you sir .

Level 9

Congrats dear

Have a great time there at CA

Hope you will explore your experiences

@راضي wrote:

Great man @EddieH

Keep going, same me last yers I said to my self never give up and I made it this year .

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦💪 

there..

Level 9

Thanks for nice write-up @Justine2807

Thanks @TraciC for the opportunity given to all of us

Ya..It's true that we were not connected to Google Local Guide Community for just being selected at Summit 2018 only. The criteria for being inn was(is & Will) to be connected with global local guides, Moderators & Google Map Team, for exploring the missing and newly developed places. And this is only because people nowadays are helpless or handicapped without Google Maps in unknown places. A very big thanks to Google for providing such a nice platform. Offering to be a part of this platform or community, motivates all GLGs for working dedicatedly, consistently and very hardly to make it better and best.

Thanks again to all my GLGs for taking part and sharing your views, expertise and experiences on this platform.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON...🌹👍

Level 10

Thank you for your response @JeanRV, @iyudhi, @ @

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

Wow so cool.

For your inspiration,I will apply again next year.

Level 10

Hi @JeanRV, @iyudhi, @brittym, @KarenVChin, @trasiKR, @AslamMo

Thank you for your response.

I was searching for an answer.

And you may not be capable of answering.

I do believe in the openenes of some behaviour, which I would consider him frank and honest. I don't ask any  question on the procedure for selecting 151.

This is an era of information technology led by Google.

I know that I will receive the answer by October 2018.

Some of the informations can never be stopped.

And I would like to repeat that I will never offend the privacy of any individual..

Thank you LGC, thank you @TraciC

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

Thank you @bhasibahuleyan

Level 7

Hello,

Anyone from india got selection in LG summit 2018. I know thousands of people applied for LG summit but only few get chance to fly san francisco, i also applied but did not get chance if you also applied please comment.

Thanks,

Hello everyone... a few months back, I woke up to an opportunity & today I woke to lose it. Anyway, All the best for the lucky 150 people who made it. Make this opportunity be a positive growth in this platform. I still wish I was the 151st one who luckily got through it lol 😄 Thank you Google!

Level 8

Hi @XanderO

Have a nice day.

Greetings from the tropical Maldives.

Cheers

Level 8

Hey @Daniabeach

Hope you are having a great day.

Cheers

Level 6

I also want to join this summit...I was not aware of this event .