TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Former Google Contributor

@Wil56 Applicants were selected based on various criteria. There was something special about every applicant. Narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide. I'll be merging your post here to keep the conversation about Connect Live in one place.

Yes @Hardik_VyAS this time lgc will live cast

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

@GonzaloElverde Applicants were selected based on various criteria. There was something special about every applicant. Narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide.

@Tambiti I'll be merging your post and its replies to our thread about Connect Live applications.

Level 9

Thanks for being the most positive vibe here in connect @BishowvijayaP

I'm sure you will have a lot of merging things to be done @Shirley@brittym best of luck. And, I'm so so happy for all the local guides 150+1 selection 🙂 

Level 7

@brittym

Thanks for your explanation!

Regards, Wilsa.

@bhasibahuleyan We will not be providing such a breakdown. 

Level 10

H @AslamMo

This is a question which the Google Administrator @TraciC @ can answer

Please support me if you think that my question does not offend the privacy of individuals. I wanted to know the number of persons a belibelon each group.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

Dear LG,

Like most of you, last year I was so sad when I wasn't among the selected for the last October event. But this year I was selected to take part to the Connect Live event next October in San Francisco. Last year I was Level 6 and this year I am Level 9 ... That means a lot of efforts and determinations. And it's the reason while I encourage all of you to take courage and work hard to take part like me at the event next year.

Best regards,

Jonas laurince from Haiti

Level 7

@BishowvijayaP

Yes, I know about the only 150 chances, I'm not so sad, it's just a way to comunicate, and besides, helping people is the best feeling that you can have. Thanks!

Regards, Wilsa.

Level 7

Eae galera beleza?

Pra mim não deu dessa vez, parabéns aqueles que conseguiram essa oportunidade!

Nos representem lá e tragam muita novidade, e por favor insistam para que eles façam logo um app só pro local guide, digo isso em relação a comunidade, pra ficar mais fácil acompanhar!

Parabéns novamente, sucesso!

Level 8

Wrong attitude @Rey2

let’s celebrate the fortunate 151 and work towards next year and towards more reviews and local wisdom.

you must understand that there are thousands like you, myself included, who didn’t get to go. Stay positive and keep contributing my friend!

Level 10

Breakdown? @brittym

Something went wrong.

Would you inform me of a time, when the list consisting of each group will be published?

Please answer to my question, after consulting your seniors.

Thank you for the response @brittym

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

Screenshot_20180619-214253.png

Wow After waiting long time

at least I got disqualified confirmation E Mail from Local Guides connect,

Thanks GOOGLE

https://plus.google.com/+GolamAgamAzam
Level 8

I like your attitude @Badruddeen

lets see what level we get to by next year, I’ll be looking for you on connect. If you’re ever in jerusalem, drop me a line, I’ll show you around like a true #localguide

@GonzaloElverde We carefully considered every application that was submitted. During the application process, no single factor was considered to be the most important. This year’s attendees have different strengths which will lead to a diverse and exciting Connect Live 2018. If you want to read more about the basic requirements, check out this post

Level 8

Good luck next time @Badruddeen

Level 8

Good luck next time @Albert4

Level 7

Bad luck 😐 You didn't get into Connect Live this year

Level 8

Good luck next time @SoubhagyaM

Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I received the email informing me that I was not chosen for the summit of this year, and I started to think about the reasons why a local guide like me was not selected, I have good records and I have even achieved several medals and at the same time collaborating, knowing the world is my passion, and relamente had a great illusion of being able to go to San Francisco to this event. It seems to me that they should revisit my application and take into account my achievements and my enthusiasm to be an LG because I really deserve to be part of this summit.

I am from Costa Rica and I do not know if that is the reason, but I am saddened to be rejected in this way.

unfair

m. solano

Bro @Anonymous

There is no discrimination. That's what I believe. When there is only 151 spots all of us can't be selected. That's what happened.

Let's improve maps and try and work hard for next year.

Cheers

This is the right mindset and the right positive attitude. Thanks @Badruddeen for sharing this.

@jhowmarquez Hey there! 🙂 We won't be publishing the list of Connect Live 2018 attendees as Google respects the privacy of all of its users. I'm using Google Translate to translate this message, so please excuse any errors. Read more on this thread

Olá! 🙂 Não publicaremos a lista de participantes do Connect Live 2018, pois o Google respeita a privacidade de todos os seus usuários. Estou usando o Google Tradutor para traduzir esta mensagem, portanto, desculpem qualquer erro. Leia mais sobre este tópico.
Level 8

Good luck next time @Rcostaval

Level 8

Good luck next time @bhasibahuleyan

Level 8

@OSAMA, did you get your letter of acceptance into the "you're not going to Connect Live 2018" club? haha.

Our club will be bigger than their club of people actually going, they only have 151, we have 1000's.....bwhahahahahaha

Level 8

@Shirley Thank you for your reply. If I didn't meet these criteria, I wouldn't have applied. It's just that I came across someone who started as a Connect contributor a few weeks ago and got into this year's event. I was only wondering what happens beyond all this which Google does not share publicly like you said. Anyways, it's over now. I'm off to explore new places and help millions around the world with my contributions. 

You have a great day! Cheers!

I got same

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

@N4speed77 Hahahaha.. Love the comic sense in your statements! 😄

Level 7

Hi @Anonymous,

Plz sit quiet for 20 minutes and think about it from Google's selectors point of view. Do U know how many people are thinking that it's unfair & feeling bad about not being selected. But plz think it realistically! Did U join LGs program, only for attending the @connectlive2018 ? 

Certainly not. Most of us joined because we love to do this voluntary work of improving the Google Maps. And U know that the numbers are in lakhs from all over the world ! Are U not proud of being in such a friendly framework of people ? Do U know how many people are above your level?  Even iam in Level 7! And there are thousands of experts above both of us ! If everyone starts thinking like you, what will happen? If You love what you are doing - Contributing, Sharing, Learning, new friendships etc, these things don't matter at all. So, i request you to take a wise decision after 2 days. Not immediately, as emotions overtake right decisions, generally. 

In these 2 days plz go through the contributions of other levels from 7 - 10. U will come to know why these 151 were selected to represent us. Next time, improve yourself, become a level 10 and take this as a challenge. Take it proactively for your betterment. Let's take this challenge & improve Google maps & ourselves,  in the process! Cheers. 

Be a proud LG & CONTRIBUTE !

Best Wishes,

Shiva

Level 7

Hi @Anonymous,

Plz sit quiet for 20 minutes and think about it from Google's selectors point of view. Do U know how many people are thinking that it's unfair & feeling bad about no

@Anonymous wrote:

@brittym thank u yes i dont wanna be anymore LG, was so much work and efford and you just dont take in count ... i am really sad y dont wanna be part of this anymore 

@t being selected. But plz think it realistically! Did U join LGs program, only for attending the @connectlive2018 ? 

Certainly not. Most of us joined because we love to do this voluntary work of improving the Google Maps. And U know that the numbers are in lakhs from all over the world ! Are U not proud of being in such a friendly framework of people ? Do U know how many people are above your level?  Even iam in Level 7! And there are thousands of experts above both of us ! If everyone starts thinking like you, what will happen? If You love what you are doing - Contributing, Sharing, Learning, new friendships etc, these things don't matter at all. So, i request you to take a wise decision after 2 days. Not immediately, as emotions overtake right decisions, generally. 

In these 2 days plz go through the contributions of other levels from 7 - 10. U will come to know why these 151 were selected to represent us. Next time, improve yourself, become a level 10 and take this as a challenge. Take it proactively for your betterment. Let's take this challenge & improve Google maps & ourselves,  in the process! Cheers. 

Be a proud LG & CONTRIBUTE !

Best Wishes,

Shiva

@N4speed77 yes you are right if you guys want we can do a meet up at Thailand ,😎😜

Connect Moderator

@bhasibahuleyan

You ask a great question and has been asked by many throughout the years. However, since the last two Summits and now Connect Live 2018, Google has not and will not provide such official group breakdowns publicly. 

Karen

@bhasibahuleyan wrote:

H @AslamMo

This is a question which the Google Administrator @TraciC@ @ can answer

Please support me if you think that my question does not offend the privacy of individuals. I wanted to know the number of persons a belibelon each group.

Level 8

@trasiKR wrote:

Good luck next time @Badruddeen

Thank you brother. 👍

Level 8

@AmbrishVarshney...haha that would be awesome....

@Badruddeen what you say

Level 7

@brittym Oh thanks for read my topic and advise me,  I just wished congrats for who was choosen and just ask bring some new to brazil, Sorry about my writing mistakes.

Level 8

Yes @XanderO

If you want something  you must try and try  untill you succeed. 😀👍

@Badruddeen can we do a our own meet up in Thailand @N4speed77 @OSAMA @Golam

Level 10

Hi @TraciC, @@

Thank you for selecting 151 from thousands.

Please note that I don't want to know the logic for selecting each individual.

My question is about the number of persons belonging to each group Viz 2017 participants, 2016 participants, 2016 and 2017 participants, Googlers, Connect Moderators, newcomers etc. "There were 158 LGC participants to 2017 Summit and 103 individuals  to 2016. And I am doubtful whether 13 Connect Moderators, 55 Google Moderators and 170 Googlers included in the list of 151 (2018) or not. If yes, how many persons included in each group? I request you to reveal the number of newcomers. I shall be thankful if you would publish the number of persons who had participated in 2017, 2016 and the both"

IMG_20180322_144923147.jpg

Please know that I have amassed 32 badges. I don't want you to add or remove anybody.

I don't offend the privacy of individuals. I don't want you to publish the name of 151 persons.

Anticipating a positive response with the number of persons belonging to each group of peculiarity.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 9

@GeorgesHR, thanks a lot Sir for Encouraging me and a lot other members of this community, we will do so thanks again sir

Level 8

Thank you @arielko

Yes, we go ahead and try to achieve more while we improve maps. Thank you very much for volunteering to take me around. I'll definitely let you know if I happen to be around there. Likewise let me know if you happen to visit Maldives. 😀👍

Cheers  

Level 7

Hello everybody!

I dedicate this poem for all of us!😊😊

The wait is over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You are not in for this year,
ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You will be in next year for sure, for sure , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👏👏

Keep on Contributing over and over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! ☺️☺️

The storm is over, another is near, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👍👍

Put your next gear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 💪

Go next level near and clear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 🌍🌍

Selected are also our near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

Selectors are even more near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

I wish Good Luck to all without any fear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!😍😍

Love you all! 💐💐

I invite all of you to build on this Local Guides Poem if you love to 👍👍

My initiative for the year: I will start giving reviews in My national as well as native languages that is "Hindi and Marathi"

• See you around Mapping"
Vasudeo
Level 10

@Vasudeo

Ohh. My dear. Oh my dear.

Lovely poem.

Heart touching for all LG's.

@Vasudeo wrote:

Hello everybody!

I dedicate this poem for all of us!😊😊

The wait is over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You are not in for this year,
ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
😊
You will be in next year for sure, for sure , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👏👏

Keep on Contributing over and over , ohh my dear, ohh my dear! ☺️☺️

The storm is over, another is near, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 👍👍

Put your next gear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 💪

Go next level near and clear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear! 🌍🌍

Selected are also our near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

Selectors are even more near and dear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!
🤗🤗

I wish Good Luck to all without any fear, ohh my dear, ohh my dear!😍😍

Love you all! 💐💐

I invite all of you to build on this Local Guides Poem if you love to 👍👍

My initiative for the year: I will start giving reviews in My national as well as native languages that is "Hindi and Marathi"

• See you around Mapping"

BM63
Level 8

@AmbrishVarshney wrote:

@Badruddeen can we do a our own meet up in Thailand @N4speed77 @OSAMA @Golam

Of course we can. 👍👍👍😀

Connect Moderator
Hola Anonimo, es un pena leer eso 😕 porque Connect Live no todo lo que es ser un Local Guides, puedes dejar de participar si no te clientes cómodo 🙂. Google Maps podrá seguir ayudándote Saludos Farid
Level 8

@Badruddeen @AmbrishVarshney as long as it is not like in the movie "The Hangover"...lolhangover.gif

Level 10

Why @KarenVChin

There was no such a Summit up to 2015. Google was established in 1998. And why did Google start a Summit in 2016?

Yes, there is a reason, which I don't want you to explain.

Similarly changes are being taken place. Please make a change. There may not be such a Summit in 2019. And the selection procedure and selectors may be changed.

I request you to make such a change and publish the number of persons belonging to each group which I had already mentioned earlier.

Thank you @KarenVChin

Thank you @TraciC

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

@N4speed77 wrote:

@Badruddeen @AmbrishVarshney as long as it is not like in the movie "The Hangover"...lol

😂😂😂😂😂

Level 5

bueno nada que hacer, creo q este año no sera, esperemos q podamos asistir a un próximo evento, felicitaciones a los seleccionados,  envien muchas fotos del evento

Level 8

Hi @HitsD you are right. Our bad luck. But wish for who are selected in Connect Live.