TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments

would be good to know what criteria used google to select the candidates. In my case I'm level 8, I have a lot of reviews, a lot of photos, more than 10 million views, and I receive "you didn't get into connect live", I was very expectative about this, but I don't know if I'm going still contribute as local guide, if google doesn't value our time and work I will go to some place where aprreciate this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GeorgesHR @TraciC this is very unfair, and is a the sadness news, i dont really wasnt continue with this, so please can you explain how i delete my account as LG?

Level 7

What do I have to do to improve my performance to get a chance for the next travell?

Congratulations to the chosen people.

Have a Nice Meeting-up!

Level 7

@Badruddeen wrote:

@arielko 

We always learn more from the losing than the winning. - Yani Tseng

Cheers & Lets hope we make it next year. 

That's a nice phrase, I'm gonna keep it in mind.

Level 8

@Badruddeen wrote:

@OSAMA wrote:

congrats @Badruddeen :)))

Say Whaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!

You are congratulating me for not getting selected. Hahahaaaaa

Nooooooooooooooooo

Keep guiding. #LetsGuide brother.

We try to make it for 2019. 😉

@Badruddeen If I could give you two kudo's for this response I would....hahahaha

Level 8

That's an awesome idea @FuvadShah

Hahahaaa. Those who didn't make it to SF can go to Kerala and have a meet-up. And we join Connect Live 2018 (Virtual) from Kerala.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Ten. Team India has 10 local guides attending connect live this year. 

@ProfArunCM your input is needed here, please

Level 8

@AgoesSantosa wrote:

Congratulation for selected people. Have fun and wish you all the best. 

There another connect live next year for who not selected. Preparing your best for 2019.

See you all.

😀😊

Yes bro. Hugs..... xoxo - Next year.....

Level 9

Hey @Wil56:

Sorry to hear! You can definitely prepare yourself for next event! Keep your eyes on Connect for updates. 🙂

I'll be merging your post to the existing thread to keep the discussion together.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@N4speed77 wrote:

I just got my official "you didn't get picked" email. Oh well, hopefully there is a chance for next year.

Good luck next year bro @N4speed77

Cheers

Level 9

@AmbrishVarshney

Yep sir we have to make it happened next year by our hardworking and helping the local community

Level 8

Hi @srzstha45

Don't worry. There is always a next time. 

Let's work hard for next year and congratulate to all the selected attendees for #ConnectLive2018

Cheers

Level 8

@KarineDemon wrote:

Same, but Im not sad. I will try again next year

That's the spirit.

Yes, let's hope for next year.

Cheers

Level 8

Yes @Badruddeen

For certainty yes! What makes the difference between people is how they approache the life's obstacles.

Yours,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 9

Love your positive energy @dk_libra!!

It's great to have Local Guides like you on this platform! Now that you know about the event, you can keep contributing and prepare yourself for the next one that happens in the future! 

I'll be moving your post to the existing thread to keep the discussion together! Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@lauralucia14 wrote:

I didn't get into Connect Live this year, I'll keek trying! good luck everyone there this year! please send a lo of pics and videos

Yes, We meet them and participate it as it is called Connect Live 2018 from where ever we are. 🙂

Cheers

Level 8

Don't feel bad @Theviperanvesh

Connect Live 2018 is for some Special 151 local guides. Our main intention is not a Summit. You are lucky to be a local guide who helps tons of people around the world who uses Google Maps..

Level 10

Hi @TraciC

Thank you for selecting 151 persons from thousands of aspirants.

There were 158 LGC participants to 2017 Summit and 103 individuals  to 2016. And I am doubtful whether 13 Connect Moderators, 55 Google Moderators and 170 Googlers included in the list of 151 (2018) or not. If yes, how many persons included in each group? I request you to reveal the number of newcomers. I think that the number of new comers is around 30. I shall be thankful if you would publish the number of persons who had participated in 2017, 2016 and the both.

Once more thanking you @TraciC and Google

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Today I received the email informing me that I was not chosen for the summit of this year, and I started to think about the reasons why a local guide like me was not selected, I have good records and I have even achieved several medals and at the same time collaborating, knowing the world is my passion, and relamente had a great illusion of being able to go to San Francisco to this event. It seems to me that they should revisit my application and take into account my achievements and my enthusiasm to be an LG because I really deserve to be part of this summit.

I am from Costa Rica and I do not know if that is the reason, but I am saddened to be rejected in this way.

unfair

m. solano

Bro @Anonymous

There is no discrimination. That's what I believe. When there is only 151 spots all of us can't be selected. That's what happened.

Let's improve maps and try and work hard for next year.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TraciC can you tell how i close my LG profile, not from here i dont wanna be anymore a LG , really dream with this but well, please i dont want be anymore a LG so i need to know how dissapear.

Level 7

Thanks @Shirley @TraciC, all Google Moderators and Local Guides for guidance during Mapping at Google. 

Keep helping others

Level 8

Hello Mr. @FaridTDF

I had received the e-mail notification and also had written and posted a reflection about that.

I thank you all for the politeness with us.

Best regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 7

I like to congratulate all 151 local guides who were selected for LG Connect live 2018.

What can you say about them , who are not selected???

Please comment .. 

Former Google Contributor

@bhasibahuleyan We won't be publishing a list of our 151 attendees as Google respects the privacy of all of its users.

Hey @Safdarrai,

I am sorry to hear this. The choice of selecting participant was a very tough one. I would like to encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide.

For consistency, I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 7

Hi folks, messages are arriving, in my case I was not selected, maybe next time. I'm not frustrated about it and I wish the best to other participants.

The only thing  that I would like to know, is which  was the criteria used for the selection, or more details about it, I received a cold message with the only explanation that of thousands of applications I was not in the 150 selected. This message is up to moderators or someone of google.

Congratulations to the selected ones and have a nice stay in San Francisco!!!

Level 8

Hello Local Guides.

Since I got my NO email I am going to watch Russia vs Egypt for now.

See you soon. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Badruddeen thanks for your words but in no fair, i mean i work very hard and thsi was like a dream, and now i wake up, i dont wanna be anymore a LG. i am very sad so sad

Level 7

Hiii friends i have just got reply from google i have been not selected for connect live this year,,, never mind will do best for google 

i wanna congratulate who selected for this year 

many many congratulations friends, enjoy your trip and keep mapping 

We loved finding out about amazing Local Guides like you around the world, but with thousands of applications for only 150 spots, we're unable to invite you to Connect Live 2018. Please stay tuned for more ways to get involved with the community.

Hey @Localgfrankbuhian,

Thanks for your positivism. Please keep up the good contributions!

To make the General board a little bit more organized, I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

@Albert4 I was thinking about the same, the selection criteria.

@Anonymous We're sorry to hear that you want to leave the Local Guides program, however, if you wish to leave the program, you can follow the information under "Exit program" in our Help Center.

This won't have any impact on your contributions, however Google will delete your Local Guides profile and the features and data that depend on it. You may remove any of your Google Maps contributions at any time in the "Your contributions" tab.

Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@Badruddeen thanks for your words but in no fair, i mean i work very hard and thsi was like a dream, and now i wake up, i dont wanna be anymore a LG. i am very sad so sad

Thousands and thousands just like us worked hard and they woke up to read this nightmare email. It's not just you. So let's continue guiding and improving maps. 

I understand how emotional and sad you are. It's always good not make a terrible decision when you are emotionally weak.

#LetsGuide

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brittym thank u yes i dont wanna be anymore LG, was so much work and efford and you just dont take in count ... i am really sad y dont wanna be part of this anymore 

Level 10

Keep calm and contribute @ManthanD. We are on same page 🙂

Level 8

@Badruddeen

I think Egypt will beat Russia this time..

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hello Local Guides.

Since I got my NO email I am going to watch Russia vs Egypt for now.

See you soon. 🙂

Hi @Rey2 Thank you for your feedback. Applicants were selected based on various criteria. There was something special about every applicant. Narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide. I'll be merging your post to our thread about Connect Live applications in case my response can help others with the same concerns.

Level 10

Hi @brittym

Please try again to read: "There were 158 LGC participants to 2017 Summit and 103 individuals  to 2016. And I am doubtful whether 13 Connect Moderators, 55 Google Moderators and 170 Googlers included in the list of 151 (2018) or not. If yes, how many persons included in each group? I request you to reveal the number of newcomers. I shall be thankful if you would publish the number of persons who had participated in 2017, 2016 and the both."

@brittym , I don't ask you to publish the name of 151 persons.

I wanted to know the number of persons belonging to each group Viz Google Administrator, Google Moderator, Connect Moderator, 2017 participants, 2016 participants, 2017 and 2016 participants etc.

I think that the question does not offend privacy of individuals.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

Screenshot_2018-06-20-01-06-07-089_com.google.android.gm.png

Finally got email that we waiting for.

I hope that fellow Local Guides from Indonesia who got selected active in connect like @BudionoS @BudiFXW

Sorry brother @OSAMA 🙏 

Level 9

Hey @Albert4 and @Ram791:

I know everyone wants to be aware of the selection criteria and the following is listed on the event page:

Applications will be open only to Local Guides Level 5+ during the application period.

Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:

• The submission of a complete application with the following requirements:

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying

• Each Local Guide must submit at least one post on Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

• We’ll also be looking for:

• High quality, well-rounded and consistent contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months

• Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being an active Connect contributor, meet-up host and Connect moderator

• The ability to understand and speak English

However, beyond this information, Google does not provide any other selection criteria publicly. Keep contributing and have a follow along on Connect. There'll be other opportunities in the future.

I'll be merging your post to the existing thread for Connect Live to keep the discussion together. 🙂

@Badruddeen you got any mail or not

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

@Avigyan love the positive attitude 👏🏼 I'm going to merge your post into our thread about Connect Live applications to keep Connect organized 😊

Level 6

Hi @TraciC and all Localguides.

I received an email saying that I didn't make it to Connect Live this year.

I would like to congratulate everyone those who got selected for the great event this year.

When I joined Local Guides program I never knew about this event. I just liked to contribute and get views on photos. When I got to know about this event it became my dream. Unfortunately I was not selected. I will continue to contribute as I did earlier.

Good luck everyone. Lets try again.

Never give up.

Cheers,

Thanks.

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Level 6

Hello all, 

Just got mail from local guide event 2018. Congratulations to all who got selected. Wish you happy journey and keep posted in forum so other can get to know about it. There is watch online option also available may be for event!!! I am not sure about it.   Enjoy guys and wish good luck for others for next event.

Level 9

@bhasibahuleyan Googlers are not included in the 151 selected,  that is why you see 100+ badges in 2016 even though only 75 local guides were invited. 

Connect moderators are included in the 151

Level 8

It is very good point. I hope Google moderator are discourse this issue.

Level 8

@Rcostaval Great spirit mate! Wishing you the best in your future contributions and have fun exploring new places.

Level 10

Generally mapping and conducting meetups on a regular basis is required @Wil56. But this doesn't ensure the selection as there are many of us doing so and the quota for participation are limited. I doing so after joining the connect but its the second time I got rejected. So keep calm and contribute. Just enjoy by helping others. 😃

@Rcostaval That's the spirit! I'm going to merge your post into our thread about Connect Live applications in order to keep Connect organized.

Level 9

Thank you @ManthanD @BishowvijayaP for remaining so positive!

Now that you guys know what to expect, you can be ready when there is another event in the future! 🙂

I'll be merging your post to the existing one to keep the discussion together! Thanks!