TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 7

Hi @arielko,

I am with U! 

Still believing to make it for the great event of 2018!

Best Wishes to U & others who still believe for some "Miracle" to happen !. May the right person be selected.

Cheers

Shiva 

Level 6

Hiii friends  

What about the results for Google local guide summit 2018 . 

Level 7

Hi @Mukroni,

Well said sir. 

I appreciate and totally agree with you view! 

Only very few people can have such a great view. 

@Mukroni wrote:

Hi @Hitesh_68

That's rigth

We are selected or no

We contiunely to help other with informing places that public need it.

My regards

Kind regards,

Shiva

Connect Moderator

Hola @Ricardo17, mañana envían el mail informando a todos los que aplicaron y no fueron seleccionados 😕. Y es como bien indica @MaxWalsh, el mail a los seleccionados ya fue enviado. Muevo tu post al hilo donde se comenta todo esto. Gracias 🙂

Saludos Farid

@mukeshmeena all 151 is already selected and notified too

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Hi @Mukroni,

Thanks for supporting the ideal views.

@Mukroni68 first of all many many congratulations to your achievement for jumping from Level 9 th to Level 10 in just 15 days.???🤔😳

Is it true.???

You got Level 9 Badge on 2nd June & 10th on this Sunday, i.e. 17th June.. it's too long distance you travelled (50,000 Miles).

Can't believe..

Hats off to you dear...🌹🌹🌹🙏🙏🙏

Surely will meet sometime

Regards

Hitesh Patel,

Vadodara, India

Level 9

CONGRATULATIONS @Alana74

Level 7

Great, reaching another level takes too much time and require lot of Mapping. Great effort I must say. When you start helping others wholeheartedly it gives you divine feeling. Local guides platform provides you a space where there is no limit of helipheothers. So no worries if one can't be selected this year, let's always be helping people

I am sorry for you that I haven't got the mail regarding Conect Live 2018. I just have posted my opinion  here about Connect Live.

Cheers

Ashique Kodankot
Level 8

hey @SHIVA-KASHI

positive thoughts for everyone and especially for you brother

(ok also a little bit for me) 😉

I haven't got any mail regarding the Connect Live 2018. I don't know how you guys got my name there. I am sorry, you just misunderstood

Ashique Kodankot
Level 8

Hi fellows

I would like to know if all of us will receive some kind of information about our interested on LG Summit's 2018.

For me it's important to know how I am inside this context and what can I do to improve myself.

Best regards,

Ricardo

"Non progredi est regredi" said romans"Non progredi est regredi" said romans

On Cantina do Sorriso at lunch timeOn Cantina do Sorriso at lunch time

Past and Future are always connect.Past and Future are always connect.

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 8

I just got my official "you didn't get picked" email. Oh well, hopefully there is a chance for next year.

Hi Ricardo

In my case, I still haven't received an answer from LG Summit's 2018. I think that we have wait more time.

Good Luck 😀

Have a great day. 

Maria Luisa Castillo Osorio
Level 7

Got my email just now saying I don't made it to Connect live.

Level 7

Just received a thanks mail from Google.

TIn fact, I must thanks Google for creating such a great platform like local guides. I am really happy to contribute by mapping places.

Though I am not selected this year I would keep on contributing at local guides platform. thank you very much and all the best to all local guide 2018 connect successful applicants. my best wishes for the San Francisco tour.

Congratulations once again

Level 8

The waiting is over! The email has arrived.

I didn't get into Connect Live this year.

I didn't get into Connect Live this yearI didn't get into Connect Live this year

Congratulations to all those who are selected.

Cheers

Level 9

keep it up @N4speed77 :))

this happened to ermest last year he was not in and after one day he get the invitation email 🙂

all 151 must register there spot before 20 so maybe some of them not registered so as we are hope makers in this community we can said there is a hope for you :)))) 

what do you think @brittym???

Level 9
Level 8

Thanks @OSAMA. We will see, but i am not hopeful. I did at least earn my 28th badge on here the other day.

Level 7

I'm so sad that you didn't choose me to participate this year... 😥😥😥😥 Thanks for the attention, the tips, to practice my English, for everything!

Level 7

Same, but Im not sad. I will try again next year

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Rcostaval,

Everything you need to know about your application and the outcome if describer here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 6

I didn't get into Connect Live this year, I'll keek trying! good luck everyone there this year! please send a lo of pics and videos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I received the email informing me that I was not chosen for the summit of this year, and I started to think about the reasons why a local guide like me was not selected, I have good records and I have even achieved several medals and at the same time collaborating, knowing the world is my passion, and relamente had a great illusion of being able to go to San Francisco to this event. It seems to me that they should revisit my application and take into account my achievements and my enthusiasm to be an LG because I really deserve to be part of this summit.

I am from Costa Rica and I do not know if that is the reason, but I am saddened to be rejected in this way.

unfair

m. solano

Level 8

@OSAMA wrote:

congrats @Badruddeen :)))

Say Whaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!

You are congratulating me for not getting selected. Hahahaaaaa

Nooooooooooooooooo

Keep guiding. #LetsGuide brother.

We try to make it for 2019. 😉

Level 8

Congratulation for selected people. Have fun and wish you all the best. 

There another connect live next year for who not selected. Preparing your best for 2019.

See you all.

😀😊

Anonymous
Not applicable
the sadnees news, unfair

Today I received the email informing me that I was not chosen for the summit of this year, and I started to think about the reasons why a local guide like me was not selected, I have good records and I have even achieved several medals and at the same time collaborating, knowing the world is my passion, and relamente had a great illusion of being able to go to San Francisco to this event. It seems to me that they should revisit my application and take into account my achievements and my enthusiasm to be an LG because I really deserve to be part of this summit.

I am from Costa Rica and I do not know if that is the reason, but I am saddened to be rejected in this way.

Level 8

I didn't get into Connect Live this year. I hope on the next.

I take the opportunity to thank you all. 

So, let's keep working.

Best regards,

Ricardo

I didn't get this year.I didn't get this year.

But I will keep workingBut I will keep working

Not yet, but not yet.Not yet, but not yet.

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 8

You didn't get into Connect Live this year.

I got mail that I am not selected in this year Connect.

I hope that thousands of rockers is there that am not in 151. 

I will do my best in forthcoming year. 

Congrats my guys who are all selected in Connect. Enjoy the Trip and share the your experience. Very all the best you localguides.

CONGRATULATIONS to each and everyone who participated and submitted their application for this year connect live 2018.A huge CONGRATULATIONS to 151 who will color this year event.I and the rest will continue to contribute and wait for next year event hopefully we will made it.Good luck to lucky and deserving 151 local guide.

Level 8

Me too @Badruddeen...FinallyFinally

Congrats all who selected. 

And welcome to Kerala for those who didn't get chance, We'll organise a Meetup.

Level 9

Hi I am one of them who are not selected, let's prepare for next year start a fresh and make it happened

Regards 

Safdar rai

Level 8

Just got an email from Local guide that I didn’t make it to connect live this year . Heart broken 😞

Now i will start preparing for 2019. 

Hope not lost. One day I will make it to the local guide connect live . 98770B80-66F8-4AEC-850B-6CBB4AC92501.jpeg

How many from India made it ?  

I am very disipointed today as i was not selected for the local guide summit 2018 in california. I had done lots of hard work in google maps. I was active everyday in google maps. And contributed lots of 360 photographs, review and everything. I never expected for getting any reward. But still when we hear somthing like that then ot hearts. I thought that when i will selected then i can get my dream chance to visit america but i will never see america in my life. Because this is the only chance for me to explore that place. Now it looks like to leave everything. People will see me as a negative person. But try to understand my feelings.

Level 7

I got the not so happy email too.

It was my first application and now that i know what its about i will step up my game.

I'll be ready for 2019 🙂

Level 10

very unwillingly I opened my mail to check the result @OSAMA. I already had gave up hoping more.

Level 8

It's a pity that one gets more than a million people

they connected by visiting my account in my contributions 1,182,408 and you did not care to invite people like me who got so many visits and we can be useful in this regard.

How wrong I understand that your criteria are heavy. I will not sure if continue collaborating is frustrating and they do not know how to treat or motivate; their collaborators

Level 8

Same here @Badruddeen

see you next time i hope!

Level 7

No ways is it based on location.

Its ultimately an audition an in that some will audition better. Its best to take this as school fees and work on making your effort next year the best it can be. I know i will.

I already received the email and I am so sad for not going this year for this event ..... But okay, I'm sure it will be incredible days!

Congratulations to all the chosen ones !  🙂

(I think the big reason is: my english is awful XD)

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Anonymous,

Thanks for reaching out!

Applicants were selected based on various criteria. There was something special about every applicant. Narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide.

Please note that your topic has been moved here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

@Theviperanvesh can you tell me from when u active as I know they check your 12 month history . So don't feel sad I also not got selected we will try next year

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

@arielko 

We always learn more from the losing than the winning. - Yani Tseng

Cheers & Lets hope we make it next year. 

Level 8

@JulianaWittaker Don't worry! We'll go next year Connect. 🙂

Level 8

Hey bro @FirozeB

Keep your head up. Let's hope we make it next year.

Cheers

@Safdarrai I m also one of them so we will try next year hoping that time I will on level 10

Level 9

Sorry to hear @Theviperanvesh! I can imagine that this is a tough decision to accept. But now that you've had some experience, you can better prepare yourself for future events.

I'll be merging your post to the existing thread. Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!