TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

@OmerAli

Looking forward meeting you at SF. 

@OmerAli wrote:

@ProfArunCM

Thanks for tagging me. Its really nice to see that you have such a huge presence from India. I am looking ahead to see Team India at Connect Live '18 

🙂

Level 9

Hello @ProfArunCM

@OmerAli

I have good news today i just received email for visa letter, finally came😅✌️✈️

See you with world's top local guides.

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 6

Lovely and beautiful sharing my dear friend @JuanDubo.

Wish you all the best !

With regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 10

Best wishes.

@JuanDubo wrote:

@ProfArunCMI have not received a selection message

Level 10

C

@راضي wrote:

Hello @ProfArunCM

@OmerAli

I have good news today i just received email for visa letter, finally came😅✌️✈️

See you with world's top local guides.

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

ongrats @راضي

Wishing you the Best.

Connect Moderator

@راضي

yayy!! 

Finally. I am very happy for you brother. 

Also, don't forget to fill the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) form before June 20th 

🙂

Level 10

@loremotoa yes, the 151 has been fully notified on the 13th of June through email. So if you checked your email, check the spam folder etc, and if there isn't an invite, then we will need to wait for June 20th to see if any of the invitees could not make it, ie didn't register, so the place can be freed up for other potential invitees. 

@loremotoa wrote:

Somebody said, the winner where notified already. Is it true?

Level 8

Good morning from the Maldives Local Guides,

One more day and the waiting is over and I would like to extend my heartiest congratulations to all the LG's attending #ConnectLive2018 

Selecting 151 applicants out of thousands is not an easy job. Thank you Local Guides Team for doing an outstanding job. 👏👏👏👏👏

I would like to thank Local Guides Team for giving me the opportunity to attend #LGSummit17 last year and as I said on Connect Live 2018 site

Thank You GoogleThank You Google

"it was an unforgettable life experience and I made new friends."

Finally I would like to send a big hug hugging-face_1f917 to Local Guides Program Manager @TraciC for her tireless effort in making Google Local Guides program a success. Traci, kindly pass my message to your colleagues though I did not tag them specifically.

Thanks. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏  & Cheers 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Level 10

@YasumiKikuchi

Good to know. 

Level 9

@OmerAli

I have done it too late,  but alhmdullah came

See you brother

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 7

Ya I also agree. The results have been announced and applicants have been informed confidential as per @TraciCpost.

Now google would publish the complete list on 20.07.2018

Level 8

@dk_libra wrote:

Ya I also agree. The results have been announced and applicants have been informed confidential as per @TraciCpost.

Now google would publish the complete list on 20.07.2018

Google will never publish a complete #ConnectLive2018 attendee list publicly due to some participants privacy.

Thanks

Level 6

Suerte!! Yo soy de México. No he recibido confirmación. 

Level 5

Thank you for your answer Stephen. I will wait for my last change 😉

Level 8

Let us all be pratical for tomorrows LG result as you all know 151 are already selected and notified out of thousands application. Now the truth is that there will be very few slot may be available or even no slot will be vacant  if nobody withdraws.  So chances are very less may be 2 to 3 lg may get chance out of thousands if and only anyone.withdraws from 151 list. So good luck to all if luck favors you and if it doesn't better luck next time

Level 9

Yes, very well and truly said...

Congratulations to every one of this community for being a part of it, regardless they are selected or not..

But, their little effort is also guides and helps alot globally.

It's time to do more consistently for making our eligibility to cut inn..

Many thanks to Google for inspiring us to reach up to this level, and for reaching the next endless miles..

Better Luck to rest of all

&

Congratulations to deserved ones..

Hitesh Patel,

Vadodara, Gujarat, india

Level 9

@راضي

Congratulations!!!

Level 8

one more day! still hopeful!

who's with me?

Image result for point up emoji

@CharlieSong 151 already selected n now we can just wait for not selected mail

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Connect Moderator

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu, thank you for your positive attitude and your feedback on how to improve future Connect Live's application and selection process.  i will be moving your post over to the mega Thank You Connect Live thread for fellow Local Guides to comment on your suggestions.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hey @CharlieSong:

As per the update on this post, emails have already been sent out if you're selected for the event. 

You can stay up to date with Connect Live here on Connect and other social media.

I'll be merging your thread over to the existing post to keep the excitement and discussion together! Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

@trasiKR, thank you for providing your feedback and encouragement for waiting to see who might else receive a Connect Live 2018 invite on or after the 20th,  I am moving your post over to the mega Thank You Connect Live thread so that fellow Local Guides can read your feedback and provide theirs.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thanks a lot @KarenVChin

Level 8

Good luck @loremotoa

Connect Moderator

@ivicirillo, thanks for sharing your excitement for the big June 20th Connect Live 2018 notification day!  I am moving your post to the mega Thank you for Your Application to Connect Live thread so you can be with others sharing in this excitement.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Big congratulations to those that has been selected!

Fuh!!! Thousand applied and you got it!!!

It will be so much fun! 

So happy and excited for you all 😄

I will be partying virtually with you all here ❤️

This is Summit17 wooootttt!! Very thankful I am a part of this  experience 🙂

For those that are not selected.

Don't be too disappointed and sad ya. There is only 151 spots, and it is so difficult to choose from so many amazing applicants, thousands and millions of LG.

Everyone of you are so crazy amazing. 

Actually, the best LG experience for me is the people that I have meet. 

Summit is THE event of the year, of coz everyone wants to be invited. 

Not being invited doesn't mean our contributions doesn't mean anything or we are any less amazing.

Let's just have our own parties and party on! 

Life is too short for bad vibes.

I am heading to Bangkok this Thursday, anyone wanna meet up and have our own mini party? 

Shirni Ong ❉ Shirni OngInstagramWasabiSaysSingaporeMalaysia
Level 9

@Shirni yeaay party party party, let us know when you are back to KL we will have a meetup here 😉

Thanks for your instant response to the suggestions (which is just an individuals view) though it was not seriously intended, for I know how difficult it is to make a policy wherein all parameters have to coordinate. Advancing a suggestion is easier than to implement it!

@KarenVChin wrote:

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu, thank you for your positive attitude and your feedback on how to improve future Connect Live's application and selection process.  i will be moving your post over to the mega Thank You Connect Live thread for fellow Local Guides to comment on your suggestions.

Cheers,

Karen

Dhanasekaran
Level 9

@Haseeb i wish so too!!!

My timing is bad. When i go back is always when everyone is having holidays and no meetup events.

Surely, we will meet soon!!!!

Let me know if you drop by to Singapore ya 🙂

Shirni Ong ❉ Shirni OngInstagramWasabiSaysSingaporeMalaysia

Hi Shirni, Thanks for your post & for offering help in Bangkok.

I think you live in Thailand.
I intend visiting Yangon via Bangkok in Nov/Dec 2018 and would like to spend a few days in Bangkok before I cross **####** border at Myawaddy/Mae Sot where my cousin sister is living.

Can you help me to suggest a dormitory type accommodation in Bangkok or cheap lodge.

(for I travel alone & I want to stay longer if I get Budget accommodation as I am a pensioner aged 67 years).
Longer I stay more photos of Bangkok will be packed in my camera.

Is cycling in Bangkok city permissible?

Can you clarify whether immigration via Mae Sot to Myanmar is easy

I learn that straight bus is also available from Bangkok to Yangon.

Yangon is my Birth place visiting back after  53 years from chennai India.

(I have two options to reach Yangon  - one via Bangkok & the other via Kuala Lumpur -  having reached any of these spots I have options via **####** route either way.)

Dhanasekaran
Connect Moderator

@Golam Thank you so much

Connect Moderator

@trasiKR Thank you.pray for me

Level 10

Hai @SumaiyaZafrin.

First of all I congraturlate you that you are in the Connect Live 2018.

Regards

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

Hey @Shirni

True my friend. Let's enjoy Bangkok and party!  Paaaarty Paaaarty Paaaaaaarteeee!

I am on my way......

Cheers Shirni

Level 10

@loremotoa wrote:

Thank you for your answer Stephen. I will wait for my last change 😉

Congratulations and welcome to connect @loremotoa! 🙂

Level 5

Thanks 😉

Level 4

@trasiKR wrote:

Let us all be pratical for tomorrows LG result as you all know 151 are already selected and notified out of thousands application. Now the truth is that there will be very few slot may be available or even no slot will be vacant  if nobody withdraws.  So chances are very less may be 2 to 3 lg may get chance out of thousands if and only anyone.withdraws from 151 list. So good luck to all if luck favors you and if it doesn't better luck next time

Najvise bih volio kada bi @OSAMA bio odabran. Svaku vecer se molim da on ode u San Francisco. On je vise nego zasluzio to putovanje.

Level 7

Well, now that it's just one day to go, of course it's only logical that some people have been notified already. Others who haven't, don't lose hope, there is still more hours.

However, here is a question that I believe everyone would like an answer for. The unsuccessful candidates, will they be told exactly why they didn't qualify? Because I believe that if they are told, they will make better next time at stand a chance to win.

There are many factors to consider, e.g. The quality of the video, or the video link pointed somewhere else, the audio quality, etc etc.

Thanks.

I represent Uganda.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Tambiti

the 151 canditades that have been selected have been already notified. Please read: Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Applicants were selected based on various criteria. There was something special about every applicant. Local Guide team will not share the reason why applicant have / have not been selected.

For sure, quality of the video is not an important one

Keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information

Level 7

Well well, one ought to be disappointed when not selected, but then again, out of thousands, only 150 were required. To myself and the rest that didn't make it....better luck next time. And to those that have made, enjoy, have fun. I just hope someone from Uganda was selected, "country above self" is my motto. Let us continue contributing, never know, next year they might grant us Regional Summits. I am ready coordinate the East African Summit.

Cheers to you all.

I represent Uganda, the Pearl of Africa.

Connect Moderator

I wish you all the best @Tambiti, and I am sure that Regional Summit will be great.

Waiting for you here with more great contributions from your country.

Ermes

Level 5

Thank you @KarenVChin!!!

Level 5

Thanks Shirley 😉

Level 5

Thanks bdmafuz 😉

Connect Moderator

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hey @Shirni

True my friend. Let's enjoy Bangkok and party!  Paaaarty Paaaarty Paaaaaaarteeee!

I am on my way......

Cheers Shirni

LOL @Badruddeen! I will surely miss @Shirni's party party parties! 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

@SP31

Nice one

🤣

Connect Moderator

@Badruddeen wrote:

Good morning from the Maldives Local Guides,

One more day and the waiting is over and I would like to extend my heartiest congratulations to all the LG's attending #ConnectLive2018 

Selecting 151 applicants out of thousands is not an easy job. Thank you Local Guides Team for doing an outstanding job. 👏👏👏👏👏

I would like to thank Local Guides Team for giving me the opportunity to attend #LGSummit17 last year and as I said on Connect Live 2018 site

Thank You GoogleThank You Google

"it was an unforgettable life experience and I made new friends."

Finally I would like to send a big hug hugging-face_1f917 to Local Guides Program Manager @TraciC for her tireless effort in making Google Local Guides program a success. Traci, kindly pass my message to your colleagues though I did not tag them specifically.

Thanks. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏  & Cheers 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Agreed with you brother @Badruddeen, being chosen to attend in 2017 was the greatest time I've ever had and meeting so many different people and getting to learn from them really was a highlight that til this day I still tell others about. Major congrats to everyone selected for 2018 and as always tons of thanks to @TraciC and the LG team for having made it possible. I can't imagine what awesomeness they have up their sleeves for this year! 😄

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Former Google Contributor

Hello @AhmedSaba,

Welcome to Connect.

Please excuse my answer in English. Everything you need to know about Connect live is located here - Announcing this year’s big event: Connect Live 2018.

I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application. 

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

@Badruddeen

Again storm started.

Waiting upto 20th.

Good gif

Ha. Ha. Ha.

😄😄😄

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hey @Shirni

I am on my way......

Cheers Shirni

BM63