TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Former Google Contributor

Hi @AnitaAO. I'm merging this thread into our latest announcement about Connect Live applications in order to keep Connect organized. 

Level 9

OK @brittym

I will thanks alot

Cheers 

Connect Moderator

I agree with @iyudhi , the email subject as well as the contents are very vivid and I see no reason that anyone will mistake it for something else. 

Also, I don't think companies like Google do anything randomly, I believe the email invite templates must have been carefully crafted and thoroughly discussed before they used it. 

Level 9

Hi @loremotoa:

Love your excitement and energy.

As per the update on this post, the selected attendees have already been informed.

I'll be merging your thread over to the post to keep the conversation together. 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 6

thanks a lot to merging us.....

Level 6
Level 10

Hola @Ricardo17, según tengo entendido ya fueron seleccionados y notificados los 151 Local Guides. El dia 20 se notificará a todos los demas que no fuimos seleccionados.

Ya a varios miembros les llegó el famoso mail, incluido el moderador de esta seccion en español. 

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Level 8

Thanks @Shirley

I appreciated 

Level 8

Hi @TraciC  is it possible to please share the various criteria & mistakes we did so we can all learn to improve next time? 

Thank you.

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @AslamMo. Applicants were selected based on various criteria and not selected by country. I understand you'd like to attend (as do the other thousands of applicants) but encourage you to take this time to celebrate those that were selected and to be the best Local Guides we can be. 🙂 There was something special about every applicant and narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide. 

As to your second comment, I think the best way to get the video you mention is to get in touch with the original person who sent you the email to set it up.

Level 8

Well done guys and good luck!!

Level 10

I also received a very valuable invitation!!

とても嬉しい、有難うございます。

I visited Taiwan and was enthusiastically rewriting the map of Taiwan,

so registration and reporting delayed.

My English conversation is missing, but I'd like to meet many guides and listen to the story!!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 4

Tell me how the local guide from Magadan can take part in the LG Summit 2018?

~97% social
Connect Moderator

@AlphaSays There are 151 spots, and there are thousands of applicants. If you don't get selected, that doesn't mean you made mistakes on your application. It's just there aren't enough spots to invite all the amazing Local Guides that applied. Aside from applications, Google also looked at your Local Guides activities throughout the year. So these aren't something that can be done by writing a good application or creating a good video. It's all about consistency in your contribution. Something to think about for next year 🙂

Connect Moderator

@alkrylov The application period for this year's Connect Live has ended and the applicants has been selected. Unfortunately it's already too late to try to get a spot for this year if you didn't apply. Keep an eye here on Connect and your inbox for the next one!

Level 4

I am so sorry. Thanks

~97% social
Connect Moderator

@alkrylov No need to be sorry.. that was a valid question 🙂

Connect Moderator

Congrats @YasumiKikuchi!! Be sure to register online via the Connect Live invite email before June 20th.

Look forward to meeting you in San Francisco this October.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Hello @KarenVChin

Nice to see you here again. I have done it

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 7

انا من مصر واريد ان اعرف متي موعد مؤتمر المرشدون المحليين

Level 10

Hi @KarenVChin, thank you reply!
I am very happy to meet you who have watched my activities!

I entered and registered only necessary items.
I am currently investigating,

since the itinerary is not decided, I will describe the blank again, but is there a deadline for this?

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Connect Moderator

@YasumiKikuchi, great to read you registered online already. = ) You are okay for now.

I just wanted to be sure you reserved your Connect Live attendee spot before June 20th. 

Will this be your first trip abroad? To the US?

Cheers,

Karen

Level 6

Hi @alkrylov

Welcome to the community.

You must be at least on Level 5 to apply for Local Guides Connect Live event.

And Applications for this year has be ended.

Thanks,

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Connect Moderator
Level 4

thanks for the help

~97% social
Level 10

Hi @KarenVChin

Yes, I travel to the US for the first time.
I investigated necessary applications.

I am planning to stay for several weeks. I understand that it is necessary to apply for the itinerary.

I can not grasp the deadline sorry.

Thank you for supporting me!

Level 10

@YasumiKikuchi

Congratulations for being selected.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 10

@alkrylov

Application are invited in the first week of May and only for Level 5+ and of above 21+ age.

This is enough to you.

Thanks.

@alkrylov wrote:

Tell me how the local guide from Magadan can take part in the LG Summit 2018?

BM63
Level 10

@iyudhi

Very good description for selection procedure.

Thanks.

@iyudhi wrote:

@AlphaSays There are 151 spots, and there are thousands of applicants. If you don't get selected, that doesn't mean you made mistakes on your application. It's just there aren't enough spots to invite all the amazing Local Guides that applied. Aside from applications, Google also looked at your Local Guides activities throughout the year. So these aren't something that can be done by writing a good application or creating a good video. It's all about consistency in your contribution. Something to think about for next year 🙂

BM63
Connect Moderator

@YasumiKikuchi, you are fine. Google’s 3rd party travel

agency will work with you directly to help arrange your travel arrangements.

To be sure, you have the correct contact info for the Travel Agency, please check you Connect inbox. I will  send you a private message.

I know there is a lot of information to process here. = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@KarenVChin

Thank you, I'm relieved!

Level 10

Hi @BakulMehta

Thank you!!

Level 5

No! The hope is the last thing you can loose haha, don't give up @bdmafuz! 😂

Level 9

D-day is coming!

I am so exciting!!

I can't wait until JUN 20!!!

This is to all who have felt missing the application date like alkrylov and to those who have yet to qualify for a final selection.

Last year 2017 when I was in level 5, I too missed the mail and failed to apply and felt very much about the miss. But this year after have reached Level 9 on my application for the meet, I feel I still have to go more miles - to deserve a selection. It may be obvious many applicants might have acquired the criteria for selection. But the administration have the restriction to limit the selection to just 150+1.

So, please do not get disheartened, guys, but improve your status in the contribution.

The Connect Moderator iyudhi has rightly said  

"There are 151 spots, and there are thousands of applicants.

If you don't get selected, that doesn't mean you made mistakes on your application. 

It's just there aren't enough spots to invite all the amazing Local Guides that applied.

Aside from applications, Google also looked at your Local Guides activities throughout the year.

So these aren't something that can be done by writing a good application or creating a good video.

It's all about consistency in your contribution.

Something to think about for next year :)"

Wish you all better chance in 2019 with improved contribution exceling thousands of applicants.

As Google improves / expands in all its fields and product possibly the policy of the administration might change in future plans 

(1) to accommodate double the number of Local guides for the meet  

(2) to conduct the meet every 6 months

(3) to arrange a meet in the respective countries / region with representation from the Google (to overcome the immigration procedure or expenditure) 

Let us hope for the Best!

Dhanasekaran
Level 5

Thanks @TraciC! And all the Google team! We will be waiting really ansious for the results ☺

Level 6

Nice sharing @DrVikas

GOOD luck !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 10

@alkrylov 

Best wishes for next years event.

Level 10

@YasumiKikuchi!!

Congrats

You from which country.

Level 7

@TraciC @KarenVChin@THOKCHOM@ivicirillo@YasumiKikuchiThank you very much. It was fun to participate. and meet online, so many local guides, I will continue visiting fantastic places. It would be wonderful to attend Conect live.

http://picasion.com/
http://picasion.com/
Level 10

@loremotoa

Have you already been received selection mail.

Level 7

@ProfArunCMI have not received a selection message

Connect Moderator

@JuanDubo

I don't mean to come up with a bad news for you, but as per @TraciC 's post Updated 16-8-2018 , all selected 151 candidates have been notified. 

Every other applicant who applied for the program will however get an email by June 20th 2018. 

Still, don't lose hope as you never know if some candidate drops their slot or if due to any other reason the slot is later offered to you. 

I hope that you get in mate 🙂

Level 5

Hi ProfArunCM. No, The results day is Jun 20

Level 10

Hi @ProfArunCM

Thank you!! and from Japan.

Level 10

Thank you @LucioV

You have always been a source of inspiration, learnt a lot from you and would love to continue in future too. 

@TraciC @loremotoa @OmerAli @JuanDubo

Level 10

Hi @JuanDubo

Thank you!

I am very much looking forward to it!!

Connect Moderator

@ProfArunCM

Thanks for tagging me. Its really nice to see that you have such a huge presence from India. I am looking ahead to see Team India at Connect Live '18 

🙂

Level 5

Somebody said, the winner where notified already. Is it true?

Level 10

@Badruddeen

C

@Badruddeen wrote:

@راضي wrote:

Thanks @ProfArunCM

And congratulations to tothers who selected, i still waiting for visa letter, invitation  email

Already i register on 14 june till now no mail 

Brother, relax. It will come. 🙂

Cheers

ongrats once again, it must be on the way. Best wishes for Connect Live 2018.

Level 8

I agree with you @OmerAli good luck