TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 9

You are welcome my lucky dear brother @راضي , you will get soon your email like your other members

Level 10

Congratulations for lucky selected #Local_guides for connect Live 2018

I hope I should wait till 20 June 2018

My question for all local guides

I think the main source of selected local guides of this event 2018 the live videos those local guides of the application is the main and important subject

I didn't make good video tests why I didn't get...😔😔😔

So please send me the link of live videos those are selected for this year

Junaid
Level 8

Hello Local Guides,

2 more days ....

Cheers my friends. 🙂

Level 8

Congrats @HeyJoe @Shirley  راضي @Sagir @NareshDarji @KarenVChin @LucioV Tula @jonesndekia @NicholasWamalwaO @KarenVChin @SumaiyaZafrinC @XanderO @ValeriaAumasque @FrancM @MIHashimi @ProfArunCM  well-deserved guys & good luck to everyone.

@OSAMA you have been a gem also an inspiration to many local guides all around the world. You must attend Insha'Allah 

Level 10

Thanks @AlphaSays

W

@AlphaSays wrote:

Congrats @HeyJoe @Shirley  راضي @Sagir @NareshDarji @KarenVChin @LucioV Tula @jonesndekia @NicholasWamalwaO @KarenVChin @SumaiyaZafrinC @XanderO @ValeriaAumasque @FrancM @MIHashimi @ProfArunCM  well-deserved guys & good luck to everyone.

@OSAMA you have been a gem also an inspiration to many local guides all around the world. You must attend Insha'Allah 

ishing you the BEST.

Level 9

Thanks @ProfArunCM

And congratulations to tothers who selected, i still waiting for visa letter, invitation  email

Already i register on 14 june till now no mail 

Googler

Hi @AslamMo. Applicants were selected based on various criteria and not selected by country. I understand you'd like to attend (as do the other thousands of applicants) but encourage you to take this time to celebrate those that were selected and to be the best Local Guides we can be. 🙂 There was something special about every applicant and narrowing applications from thousands to 151 was a very difficult choice. We encourage you to keep contributing to Google Maps and be active in the Local Guides program. Doing this helps others find great local places, supports small businesses, and can even make it easier for people to get vital information. In addition to helping others, connecting with like-minded Local Guides, and getting your stories told, your contributions could also get you perks. As a special surprise, perks may be offered from time to time to say “thanks!” for being a Local Guide. 

As to your second comment, I think the best way to get the video you mention is to get in touch with the original person who sent you the email to set it up.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Thanks @TraciC!

Level 8

@TraciC could you please tell me why my Connect live video have low numbers of views? Also, please tell me if contestants are finalised for 2018 local guides Connect or not? Do I still have hope?

Level 8

@راضي wrote:

Thanks @ProfArunCM

And congratulations to tothers who selected, i still waiting for visa letter, invitation  email

Already i register on 14 june till now no mail 

Brother, relax. It will come. 🙂

Cheers

Level 9

@QaziJunaid there are a lot of videos on YouTube from our members very amazing and interesting ones

Level 8

I think they are busy till 20th june  as they have to send thousands of emails to local guides aftet that they may release your important travel documents. Cheers

Level 9

@Avigyan @AslamMo

Yes my dear brother 151 people are already selected but still who are not yet selected have to wait to get notifications for not being in until 20th of June 2018

Level 8
Final list of local guides may be almost ready!
Level 9

@Vinaysavalgi  Do you think they publish the list?  

Level 8

@davidcox @Vinaysavalgi I think because of privacy policy maybe  they don't published list.

Level 6

This is very important for this community. Nicely done

Level 10

@AslamMo Thanks for speaking for us in Team India. We will meet soon brother.

Tagging Team India in Summit 17: Aradhana @AradhanaB (Google Manager), Thumaty Daniel @ThumatyDanielK (Hyderabad), Deep Pancholi @iDepp (Gujarat), Alam Shaikh @Alam_Shaikh (Mumbai), Aslam Mohammed @AslamMohammed (Hyderabad), Rahul Singh @rahul66447(Delhi), Anuj Duggal @AnujDuggal (Bangalore), Dr Shaunak Das @DrShaunak (Calcutta), Stephen Abraham @StephenAbraham (Kerala/Malaysia)

Screenshot_20171222-180202.pngTeam India: LG Summit 17: Top Left to Right: Deep Pancholi (Gujarat), Alam Shaikh (Mumbai), Rahul Singh (Delhi), Aslam Mohammed (Hyderabad), Aradhana (Google Manager). Bottom Left to Right: Stephen Abraham (Kerala/Malaysia), Thumaty Daniel (Hyderabad), Anuj Duggal (Bangalore), Dr Shaunak Das (Calcutta, not in photo)

Level 9

@AlphaSays Thank you.

Level 8

Yes @Badruddeen !

Let's see who will be next lucky person(s).

Hi dear Local Guides, 

There was the info from some LG that the winners of 2018 Connect Live are already informed. Is it true? 

Have a great day whenever you are.

♥️

Meet you all at Connect Live 2020

Level 5

Two days guys!!! Are you excited?

Level 8

Hi @PositiveVibes77

As far as I know, the selected Local Guides for attending Connect Live 2018 got the invitation mail. And I also got it. I request you to continue contributing to Local Guides Program. I wish you good luck for this event as also for any future events.

Check out Connect Live 2018 to know more.

I hope it helps.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @PositiveVibes77 they 151 already informed.

Level 8

Hi @ivicirillo I lost my hopes, I check mail 2000 timess from 13 June to till now.

Level 7

Nice Gif @Badruddeen very realistic 🙂

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hello Local Guides,

2 more days ....

Cheers my friends. 🙂

Vasudeo
Level 10

@PositiveVibes77 wrote:

Hi dear Local Guides, 

There was the info from some LG that the winners of 2018 Connect Live are already informed. Is it true? 

Have a great day whenever you are.

♥️

Yes @PositiveVibes77 all the great LGs selected for #connectlive18 have received an invite email! But the time to receive an invite, officially, will end on june 20 🙂

So good luck, you still may have some chances!

Level 9

@Alloycemyn To select attendees they don’t look on video only, there are lots of criteria they look in general

like; 

• Each Local Guide must submit a 1-minute video message, appearing on camera to share reasons for applying
  • Each Local Guide must submit a post here on Local Guides Connect with an introductory message and more insights into their experience with the program

They will be also be looking for:

• Fantastic contributions to Google Maps in the past 12 months
  • Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as being a Connect moderatormeet-up host and active Connect contributor
  • The ability to understand and speak English
Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe

👍🏼

Former Google Contributor

@QaziJunaid all parts of the application were weighed equally. You may even remember this post on Connect that advised keeping the video simple. 

@راضي As mentioned on Friday, please direct all questions and needs regarding visas directly to our travel team via email. They will be happy to help you.

@Vinaysavalgi Hi there. I'm merging your post into this thread about the Connect Live attendee announcement so that we can keep all of the excitement in one place 🙂

Level 8

Congratulations and big big khudos to those who has been selected for the concert and got the communication, regarding their selection I wish them my good wishes for the concert,  and those who, are not part of event, should not loose heart, , my dear brothers please keep good work going as usual, thanks everyone .

Level 8

@Vasudeo The waiting is going to get over soon. 😉

Thanks  & Cheers

Level 7

Very true @Badruddeen  ☺️

Vasudeo
Level 8

@Prdeep wrote:

Yes @Badruddeen !

Let's see who will be next lucky person(s).

Yes, Let's keep our eyes open wide. Hahahaaaaa

Cheers

Level 10

Great team from India this year! 🙂

You are really great guys!!! Enjoy #connectlive18!!!!

Level 6

Please like the post, if you're among the 150 chosen ones Hurry!

Level 5

buenas tardes, no se si les pasa igual pero la ansiedad sube conforme pasan las horas, poco falta para saber quienes son los elegidos al gran evento, 

Level 10
Level 10

Seguro que los 150 afortunados deben estar muy nerviosos

Level 9

Hi @Isitua:

So much excitement for Connect Live. Have you seen this post?

There are actually 151 selected and they have all been informed.

I'll be merging your post with the thread to keep all of the discussion together. Thanks! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

@OmerAli, thank you for your encouraging words. 

Did you make the list? 

@AkmalB, happy celebration!!! 🍻🍹

@BakulMehta, that's the spirit, connect has given us much more than we can ask for, global friendship!!! 

A-Beta
Level 9

Hi @PositiveVibes77: Yes, as per the update on this post, the selected attendees have been informed. You can stay up to date with the posts here on Connect for more information.

I'll be merging your thread over to the post to keep the discussion together! Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@AnitaAO

Yes. We all are connected through Connect and it's true that it's our global friendship.

@AnitaAO wrote:

@OmerAli, thank you for your encouraging words. 

Did you make the list? 

@AkmalB, happy celebration!!! 🍻🍹

@BakulMehta, that's the spirit, connect has given us much more than we can ask for, global friendship!!! 

BM63

@AslamMo I'm merging this thread into our latest post about Connect Live applications in case anyone else has questions about applicants representing their countries 🌏

Level 5

Very happy and excite also to know the Connect Live 2018 application results.  Who else?

Level 8

I also wait for it.

Level 8

Hi @loremotoa 151 local guides already selected. As I know Google never show selected LG list for there privacy policy.

Level 10

First of all a big congrats to you @Ashique_kodankot. Can you share your approach in detail which made you distinct, like what specifically you contributed, what was your area of focus, how did you face the selection process and dealt with the selection criteria, et al. It will really helpful for fellow Local Guides like us. 

@راضي Please be patient as the travel team is answering questions on behalf of all of the registrants 😊 Again, the best way to communicate with the travel team is via email. I'm merging this thread into our latest thread about applications in order to keep Connect organized.