TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 9

You welcome brother @OmerAli

Level 4

@LucioV wrote:

@dubrovr wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

@Alloycemyn wrote:

@HeyJoecould you share the link to your application video so that we can relate to it next year. We didn't make it unfortunately 

Have a look to my  collection of video applications to be inspired! I'm sure many great selected LGs are in!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4bbBA4hTt-HabtZtuysU2E4ple_QXsly

Thank you for your patience @LucioV.

I really like to watch all these videos and discover so much about the ConnectLive Attendees! 🙂

Ja dapace jos vise volim pogledati njihove doprinose na mapi, tada mi je sve puno jasnije kako sve funkcionira bez ljudskih bica. Ja ni u kom slucaju nisam protiv umjetne inteligencije, ali u danasnja vremena, na navedenom primjeru vidimo da ona ne funkcionira nikako.

Level 10

Congratulations Ashique for your participation to the 'Google Local Guides Connect Live'. You are doing a great job, as you mentioned through exploring the unexplored tourist destinations and other places. In fact you may also share what should we do to participate in similar activities. 

I am waiting for confirmation mail and good luck who receive this.

Connect Moderator

Cool @surinderbhatoa I will merge your post to keep Connect tidy.

Connect Moderator

Well done @Ashique_kodankot see you there. I will merge your post with the main one to keep Connect tidy.

Level 8

Hi @surinderbhatoa I am also waiting for mail but still don't receive. I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet other 150 Local Guides. 😰😭

Level 9

Thank you @TraciC for the amazing selection of around ten Local Guides from different cities of india,  the fact that no one from last year made it this year speaks volumes about the dynamic community in India and most importantly, I am happy to see the diversity(no Indian boys club this year :))!

However,  I believe that Indian Local guides form the biggest country wise group in the world and should have at least been 10% of the attendees this year. As the initial invitees list is already sent out,  please note the seven Local guides from India who attended LGSummit17 have their visas ready and would love to attend Connect live if anybody from the original 151 invitees are unable to make it due to visa issues etc. 

Please see below link to my Connect live application post in case you haven't seen it already 🙂

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/My-Journey-with-Local-Guides/td-p/749192#.W...

On another note,  I was featured in a local guide YouTube Ad which is being streamed all over India, is there anyway I can get a link of it,  below is the screenshot for you reference:

Local Guides Ad on YouTubeLocal Guides Ad on YouTube

Once again thank you for always being awesome!

Thank you sir. It's a lot of pleasure to be here in Local Guide Community. 

Ashique Kodankot
Level 7

@TraciC

Thanks for the update, I guess I am going to miss this summit as I received no mail of confirmation. Congratulations to all 151 local guides who are lucky enough and I also want to congratulate the whole team who selected them from thousands of applications. All local guides who sent their application video do try next year if you also missed the shot. Once again congratulations to selected local guides you deserve this. Enjoy!!! 

Level 9

No @BishowvijayaP, we are enjoying the beautiful sunshine that comes with the World Cup Now. 

Cheers! 

A-Beta
Level 8
Level 10

Hi @AnitaAO

Actually the storm is still on and still there 😁😁 as most of us are busy for Eid celebrations,

The storm is coming after Eid holidays,😂😂😂 I mean @OSAMA

Level 10

@AnitaAO

Storm is over......

Good said.

This shows very good spirit not only from you but all the LG who were not selected.

All are posting just like you but by some other words.

Thanks.

@AnitaAO wrote:

Hey brother @OSAMA, I am glad we have overcome the storm and seeing the beautiful sunshine in the other side now, we are free at last.... 

The expectations were high, but we least expected the news so early on a beautiful Monday afternoon.... 

I looked forward to it but didn't make the list, 

I am happy my friends @Sagir, @ValeriaA_, and a host of others made it... I am dedicating this post to all of you who made it! Congratulations, you deserve it! 

To the rest of us, this is where we will have our summitlive18, same day, same time but here on Connect with a great family... 

@Those who are still expecting an invite, are they still sending out more invitation to local guides? @the moderators?

BM63
Level 10

@Sagir

True. We will also enjoy here.

Keep sharing the event.

BM63
Level 10

@BishowvijayaP

Take it lightly bro.

Better luck next time.

Keep out of bed before 20th.

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Nope @AnitaAO. In this season everything happended unexpectedly. The previously happened strom toook the form of connect live and showed its sign lately. I prepared the testimonials very early to defeat the strom. Everything was fine but strom attacked suddenly and this is the 2nd time it made me wounded again. Now I am in bed rest and will discharge in June 20. Like you I am in larger side. 😃

BM63
Level 10

@N4speed77

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Right.

@N4speed77 wrote:

@Vasudeo, I agree, just a micro storm would be good....lol

BM63
Level 10

@BishowvijayaP

Ho. Ho.

😄😄😄

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

@Badruddeen This statement makes difficulty for those couples among whom at least one is doctor. 😂

@Badruddeen wrote:

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. :)))

Cheers

BM63
Level 7

I hope it gave you the strong power to deafet any storm throughout life, god bless! @BishowvijayaP

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Connect Moderator

@AnitaAO

I really feel sad to know that you couldnt make it this year, but i am also very positive that you will top the list next year, just don't give up. 

As per the invites, as per @TraciC 's post updated on 16th June, the invites to selected candidates are over and all 151 selected have been notified. 

Other applicants will be fetting the emails by 20th June 2018 but I guess we know those emails won't have that subject line 😞

I love your energy and positivity, I am sure we will get to see a lot from ConnectLive'18 and will keep on doing the good work 

Level 10

Thank you very much for your kindness @OSAMA 🙂

@OSAMA  escribió:

congraats again to our great local guide from Argentina @ValeriaA_ 😉

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Everything will be great @RupendraNeupane! 🙂

@RupendraNeupane  escribió:

Thank you @ValeriaA_ , i am also excited to meet wonderful people, hope everything will be fine..

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 7

Hi @TraciC,, 

As our Inbox is flooded with mails , it's quite possible that we may miss out our own Invite for the Big event!

So, can the moderators use a different colour or highlight the announcement of the Individual invite? (Till 20th Jun) ? So that the receiver knows immediately by seeing the different color,  it's the Invite, the life time oppertunity! Will there be a reminder in any other way, before the deadline to accept ?

Last 3 days more for the last hour surprises !

Cheers! !

Connect Moderator

@SHIVA-KASHI Considering they've distributed the invites to the 151 selected attendees, I highly doubt they will change their invite emails if there are last minute spots that are opened.

The subject of the email invite is 'Thousands applied—and you made the cut.'. I suggest to pay attention for an email with that subject.

Level 7

Hi @iyudhi,

Tnx for Ur reply. 

I got it . Actually it was my fear !

Is there a consolidated list of all Connect Live 2018 attendees?

It will be helpful to all to see at a glance !.

Best wishes to all 151 .

Have a rocking event .

Cheers. 😄

@iyudhi wrote:

@SHIVA-KASHI Considering they've distributed the invites to the 151 selected attendees, I highly doubt they will change their invite emails if there are last minute spots that are opened.

The subject of the email invite is 'Thousands applied—and you made the cut.'. I suggest to pay attention for an email with that subject.

Shiva

Connect Moderator

Hi @SHIVA-KASHI - There's no consolidated list, and Google has stated that they have no plan of releasing the names of the selected attendees to the public. Some people might not appreciate the fact that their names are shown in public, so this is to respect their privacy.

Level 7

Hi @iyudhi

Tnx for your kind reply.

We must respect their privacy.

Kind regards,

Shiva

Level 9

@راضي Hi, 

The team will be in touch with you within 3 working days (Mon - Fri) after you registered with further instruction to proceed. 

Regards,

Joe.

Connect Moderator

Adding to what @OmerAli had said, Google has declared that all 151 invitations have been sent it. This doesn't say that all 151 invitations were accepted. There might be some people that are not registering, for whatever reason, and if that's the case, spots will be opened.

Also, based on previous years, there will also invitations extended case by case throughout the moths leading to the event. Many people will require visa to enter US, and while I hope 100% of people needing visa get theirs, history has proven that's not the case. When an attendee's visa is rejected, the spot will be offered to someone else.

Level 10

Thank ypu ao much for courageous words @BakulMehta. 😃

Level 8

Congratulations @Kwiksatik

Level 8

I liked your positive attitude and never lose hope whatever happens is for good 

Level 8

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that contributes to the people that counts.

Well said @trasiKR brother

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Hello @HeyJoe

Today is the fourth day

I registered on 14 june no email yet

Should i wait until 20? 

Level 8

Thank you @AmbrishVarshney

Former Google Contributor

Hello @trasiKR,

Thanks for sharing your Slogan about Connect Live.

Please note that I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Thank you @GeorgesHR for shifting it to the right area

Level 8

two more days! still hopeful! (you never know right?)

Image result for emoji v sign

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bdmafuz i am not in but Alhamdulillah 3 Pakistan Local Guides got selected for Connect Live 2018

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous

You are ab excellent contributor and I am sure you will get a chance

Level 8

Oh that's good news, carry on one day you will be in. @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @bdmafuz and @OmerAli for your best wishes

Level 6

Congratulations @Kwiksatik !

Good luck !

Regards,

Thokchom DS

My slogan for the connect live

WE HAVE MORE IN COMMON

Sundar
Level 8

Hi do you know have any possibility to get new mail? I am still waiting.

Level 9

Hello @TraciC

@BruceDM 

Iam from Saudi arabia, this year selected for connect live 2018, already I submit my registration on 14 june. till now not received any mail for invitation, visa letter from Google parpart (cogs, Marvel) 

What can I do, help pleaseWhat can I do, help please

@

Level 9

@راضي Congratulations brother you are lucky enough that you going. but please be patient you will get soon your notifications I think on 20th  of June

Regads

Safdar Rai

Level 9

I think already people been selected but I think on  20th  of June we still get notifications who are not selected

Level 9

Thanks @Safdarrai

I knew my few friends received thier mails

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦