TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 8

Good day @LucioV

I saw your video and It make me very pleaure. Congratulations.

Hope to see you,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 6

@Alloycemyn wrote:

@HeyJoecould you share the link to your application video so that we can relate to it next year. We didn't make it unfortunately 

Hey dude,

do all the applicants who's invited was already notified? no need to wait until June 20th?

I was thrilled and shaking typing this message lol.

Halo from Indonesia!! 

Connect Moderator

@felixcios

No official notification about the invite emails. We don't even know how many made it. 

So, its better to wait till 20th June 

Level 6

Thank you for the information Oli @OmerAli 🙂

Really appreciate!

Guess I'll be sit down patiently until June 20th then. I just checked the forum and right now I'm reading all the replies in this posts to catch up with the news 😄 

Congratulations on the selected guides!!

Level 9

Hello everyone specially who invited to the connect live 2018.

I have Question

After completing register  for the event ( confirmed) when Google will send me email with contact information of agency that will work with me to help me to apply and get US visa.

Sorry for asking these questions  

Thank you @ValeriaA_ , i am also excited to meet wonderful people, hope everything will be fine..

Level 8

Right after you click submit for your registration, Travel team will send you email to confirmed you done your form.
If you have any questions, you can just email to that email address and they will support you.

Level 8

Hallo @راضي I think @TraciC can give right answer. thanks.

Level 9

Brother @راضي soon you will receive all the information needed (latest by 20th June)

After you sent the confirmation about your attendance, just keep an eye on you email for further details.

For now (before 20th June) you was just supposed to send your confirmation 😊

Level 9

@TraciC,  we will always support this programme,  we will always support you,  we will always Google because how good to help to community using Google maps,  I always appreciate this local guides connect reason being that we also help ourselves here each others by asking questions and solving the problem.  

Again thanks to you and all other members 

Regards

Safdar rai

Level 8

Assalamualaikum @Anonymous what about you? Any news? 

Level 8

Assalamualaikum @OSAMA what about you bro? I am still waiting for mail. 

Level 9

HappH Eid to you guys and thanks

@Haseeb

@bdmafuz

@Nghia-Vo

Cheer

Level 8

My friend @راضي Eid Mubarak to you and your family.

Connect Moderator

I am so excited to be going!!! I can't wait to meet so many of my amazing fellow #LocalGuides ! October cannot come too soon!

Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe !!! So excited that you got selected! See you there!!

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

@Dduksoup Can't wait to see you there! Congratulations!!

Connect Moderator

@TraciC Can you get me merged into the main thread as well? I want to stay as informed as possible in preparation for this October!! ^_^

Connect Moderator

Wahoo! Congratulations @JensMG! Can't wait to meet you in October!!!

Level 9
Level 9

look who is here :))))

smiley great local guide from Nepal

congraaaats bro @RupendraNeupane 😄

Level 9

congraats again to our great local guide from Argentina @ValeriaA_ 😉

Level 9
Level 9

heheheh @DavidTito keep it up bro hehehe

@DavidTito wrote:

@Julien44 no not me its pretty much 

I'm not selected 

@Julien44 wrote:

@DavidTito Thanks for your words. Best of luck for you

See you

Jul

Level 9
Level 8

Hi @StephenAbraham

Appreciate your words.

Yours,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 10

Dedicated to all the great Local Guides whom I know or yet to get to know..  wrote this a while back.. 

Whether you are feeling up or down.. read this.. 🙂

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-react-LG-Connect-Live-2018-selection...

Level 8

Congratulations to those that have been successful in their application. May you enjoy the event.

I haven't received my status yet, to me and others, lets not despair if we wont be selected, there is always next time, lets keep up the good work.  

Level 8

Congratulations @Kwiksatik

Warmest regards

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @Badruddeen ! I could not be happier! Best wishes to you as well!

Connect Moderator
Level 9

Thanks @BSambherao and @pius1997 for being so enthusiastic and energetic about Connect Live 2018!

I'll be merging your thread over to the exist thread to keep the discussion together.

Keep your eyes out on Connect for the latest updates regarding the event! 🙂 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@Kwiksatik wrote:

Thank you so much @Badruddeen ! I could not be happier! Best wishes to you as well!

You are welcome 😀🙏

Level 10

@Kwiksatik

Congratulations for being selected.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9

@Kwiksatik Thank you!! See you 🙂 

Level 5

Ti imaš jako puno sreće @Kwiksatik! Bas mi je drago da si odabrana.

Level 7

Tnx a lot @BakulMehta,

As we all started as a Volunteer to make better Google Mapping, getting any benefit is a great surprise and unexpected. And getting selected for @connectlive2018, is like being the luckiest and most deserving appreciation one can get in our LGs Community! If you are not selected for any reason, it implies that there are more deserving people. And we should strive to achieve more! That's all!  So, let's continue our passion as before, to make the best possible Google Maps !

Cheers

Shiva

Connect Moderator

@Kwiksatik

Same

can't wait to be there, can't wait to see you. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @TraciC for the update. 

As per Update, 6/13/18 

all successful applicants have been notified. A big warm congrats to everyone who made it this year. 

I am sorry for the ones who couldnt make it this year. Please do not lose hope and keep up the good work , I am sure you will make it next year. 

Thank you Google for the kind response and a big thumbs to all moderators and Google's team who went through our applications and stats. 

Localguidesconnect together with Local Guides's contributions on Google Maps is huge and one of its kind, its only because of the love to help others that we all share. 

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and kind. I'm proud to be a part of this program and will always keep adding my share 🙂

~peace

Level 9

Congratulations @OmerAli

Connect Moderator
Level 8

This message made me cry a little. I never thought I will be invited. I hope to meet everyone in the Local Guides Connect soon. May God bless us all.

Level 10

@SHIVA-KASHI

Thanks bro for your nice reply.

I totally agree with you and appreciate your justure for motivating all LG's who are not selected.

The selected LG's deserve more so we don't have to frustrate and do our best as we had done in past as LG.

It's my personal feeling.

Thanks for your reply.

@SHIVA-KASHI wrote:

Tnx a lot @BakulMehta,

@AntoSevilla we all started as a Volunteer to make better Google Mapping, getting any benefit is a great surprise and unexpected. And getting selected for @connectlive2018, is like being the luckiest and most deserving appreciation one can get in our LGs Community! If you are not selected for any reason, it implies that there are more deserving people. And we should strive to achieve more! That's all!  So, let's continue our passion as before, to make the best possible Google Maps !

Cheers

Shiva

BM63
Level 8

Congratulations @NoGarlicNoOnions

Have fun in San Francisco and I can guarantee your going to have lot of fun in Connect Live 2018.

It would be a lifetime experience which you will forget ever.

100% guaranteed. 🙂

Cheers

Level 10

@Badruddeen

You are right bro.

It would be never forgotable experience for all LG's selected.

Cheers for alllll LG's selected from all of us.

@Badruddeen wrote:

Congratulations @NoGarlicNoOnions

Have fun in San Francisco and I can guarantee your going to have lot of fun in Connect Live 2018.

It would be a lifetime experience which you will forget ever.

100% guaranteed. 🙂

Cheers

BM63
Level 7

@bdmafuz wrote:

Congratulations who are selected till now. 🎆🎇🎉🎊🎁🏅

Hi @bdmafuz,

I think all 151 are selected.

Plz see the post of @TraciC.

Congratulations to all who made it !

Enjoy the event with all.

Better luck to other LGs, including myself !!

Keep doing the good work.

Thanks & regards,

Shiva 

Level 4

@LucioV wrote:

@Alloycemyn wrote:

@HeyJoecould you share the link to your application video so that we can relate to it next year. We didn't make it unfortunately 

Have a look to my  collection of video applications to be inspired! I'm sure many great selected LGs are in!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4bbBA4hTt-HabtZtuysU2E4ple_QXsly

Thank you for your patience @LucioV.

Level 10

@dubrovr wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

@Alloycemyn wrote:

Have a look to my  collection of video applications to be inspired! I'm sure many great selected LGs are in!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4bbBA4hTt-HabtZtuysU2E4ple_QXsly

Thank you for your patience @LucioV.

I really like to watch all these videos and discover so much about the ConnectLive Attendees! 🙂

Connect Moderator

@LucioV

Mine was so weird, It was like I was forcefully made to do it 😛